AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Qualifying and Elimination Finals

Friday, August 27

QF2 - Port Adelaide v Geelong (AO) (N)

Saturday, August 28
EF2 - Sydney v Greater Western Sydney (UTAS)
QF1 - Melbourne v Brisbane Lions (AO) (N)

Sunday, August 29
EF1 - Western Bulldogs v Essendon (UTAS)

Semi Finals

Friday, Setember 3

SF2 - Geelong v Greater Western Sydney (OS) (N)

Saturday, September 4
SF1 - Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs (G) (N)

Preliminary Finals

Friday, September 10

PF1 - Melbourne v Geelong (OS) (N)

Saturday, September 11
PF2 - Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs (AO) (N)

GRAND FINAL

Saturday, September 25

Melbourne v Western Bulldogs (OS) (T)

Last edited:

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I reckon the dogs v Melbourne should be Melbourne home v Bulldogs royal blue jumper with white shorts every time. I’m glad it’s this way around and not the Bulldogs in all royal and Demons in dark jumper with white shorts. Same as 1954 which is beautiful symmetry.

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks, Southampton FC
I reckon the dogs v Melbourne should be Melbourne home v Bulldogs royal blue jumper with white shorts every time. I’m glad it’s this way around and not the Bulldogs in all royal and Demons in dark jumper with white shorts. Same as 1954 which is beautiful symmetry.
ACT 1: THE SET UP – The Führer and the Tramp

Sammoll

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne City FC, Southampton FC
Don't think it was ever in doubt based on what's been worn in H&A season for the last few years, but AFL officially confirmed that it will be Melbourne in full home vs Bulldogs in home w/ white shorts.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
I find it super odd that the AFL deemed Melb vs WB a clash for essentially all of the first half of the 2010s decade and then hasn't deemed it a clash since. The last time they wore white guernseys against each other was 2015. I can't think of too many other scenarios where what was once a clash, now isn't, despite nothing having inherently changed in the team's uniforms. What gives?

Oct 7, 2016
Hami Hill, WA
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
East Fremantle FC
I find it super odd that the AFL deemed Melb vs WB a clash for essentially all of the first half of the 2010s decade and then hasn't deemed it a clash since. The last time they wore white guernseys against each other was 2015. I can't think of too many other scenarios where what was once a clash, now isn't, despite nothing having inherently changed in the team's uniforms. What gives?
The only thing I can think of is that our blue was lightened when we changed to Asics in 2017 but nothing else really changed

magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio, Melbourne Stars
Some years navy vs blue is a clash other years it isn't. Adelaide for example wore white last year against WCE and WB this year it was navy with white shorts.
Can't think of any others though.

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I am very happy about this. I do love clash guernsey’s where appropriate. I think this is close but not enough to warrant. Like has been mentioned, the Bulldogs as home team doesn’t work too good, so I’d be happy to wear this at every meeting of these two teams.
To help the clash, if we had white cuffs and neck on blue guernsey would really help?
To go really retro 1954 style would have the Demons in the black shorts.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
The big question now is how the club logos look on field, and if they're in the usual position, which team gets which arc. Both teams have red and blue.

If the club logos do replace the Telstra logos, I would imagine Melbourne get red and Bulldogs blue. The blue paint they use is closer to a royal blue than navy, and it matched very well with the Dogs logo back in 2016.

Something tells me we'll see something different though. I find it hard to imagine Telstra stumping up the cash for the extra logos for the whole year but then giving up the space for the GF.

The big question now is how the club logos look on field, and if they're in the usual position, which team gets which arc. Both teams have red and blue.

If the club logos do replace the Telstra logos, I would imagine Melbourne get red and Bulldogs blue. The blue paint they use is closer to a royal blue than navy, and it matched very well with the Dogs logo back in 2016.

Something tells me we'll see something different though. I find it hard to imagine Telstra stumping up the cash for the extra logos for the whole year but then giving up the space for the GF.
Fingers crossed on the broadcast wing

Sammoll

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The AFL did full navy vs full royal a few years ago (Carlton vs WB perhaps?) and I did not like it one bit. There was a massive clash IMO. Dees in the home getup and WB home w/shorts.
Yeah it’s happened with Carlton vs North on at least two separate occasions in the last few years:
7B014591-43A6-4E4E-8C80-5C311DFD18D8.jpeg

B5A47FD1-4CB8-4567-8104-72703930A1F2.jpeg

Sammoll

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I thought this as well but the AFL has already confirmed what each team is wearing and Melbourne were in full home, so I doubt they'd voluntarily not wear their traditional guernsey.
Yeah I assume they're just using the redbacks for the photoshoots because their regular ones are busy getting the GF patches ironed on or were unavialbe for some other reason. They haven't worn the redbacks since 2019 and it's not part of their regular rotation anymore so would be surprising.

But still something potentially interesting to keep an eye on, thanks for raising it The Victorian. We need some sorta extra drama to discuss here this week!

Back