List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope not. Bloke is one of the biggest flogs in the AFL. Age profile doesn't fit, neither does the position he plays. Too similar to Zurhaar and is limited defensively.

If he couldn't get a gig in Richmond's side this year then there should be alarm bells.

this the same Josh Caddywho laughed at us and said why would I want to play for you .

If Caro is against it, then you know it's the right call ;)

View attachment 1235402

Nothing says he owes you more than you are only seen as third in the pecking order.

A player owes you until the contract expires. After that, both club and player have to be on the same page.

As much as I would be disappointed if any of our first round picks wanted to leave at the end of their contract, it is within their right if they do not feel this club is right for them, and that includes potentially Horne if we take him and he doesn't feel North is the right fit for him.

I just pray to god he doesn't want to go to the team on the bottom of the ladder, because your bargaini chips are non-existent if the player is prepared to go into the PSD.

Expecting a multitude of dislikes but here goes.

In: CCJ, 7, 15, 26, 28 + Future 1st (RIC)
Out: 1, 38, 39 (Dumont compo)

This would position us with 5 picks in the top 30.

7, 15, 20, 26, 28

With 7 (9) we take Gibcus if hes on the board.

If not we look to live trade our pick perhaps to WCE who may wish to jump a pick ahead of Freo who hold pick 8 to grab local Erasmus. WCE hold pick 10 and may be willing to swap it along with their future 1st for 7 and our future 2nd giving us 3 x 1st rounders next year.

I would take a similar approach to our other selections picking when there is a player we like around that mark but entertaining trading options if not.

Having a more flexible pick structure allows us to pick for needs a little more whilst not sacrificing "best available" at our pick.

You are right!!!!
Lots of dislikes. Don't stuff around with the #1 draft pick, first and only one in my lifetime, and im hoping to be kicking around for plenty yet touch wood.

I haven’t kept up with this thread because, well, it’s hard to, so apologies if it’s been discussed.

It hurts me to write this because he’s one of my favourites but with the way our midfield is shaping. Ughhhh. I don’t even want to write it, BUT, should North entertain trading Jed?

Ok I’ve finished vomiting in my mouth just thinking and writing about it.
My logic is that Jed is a pure mid (and plays like a genuine Shinboner which is why I hate this)

But with our 23 and under midfield looking like a rolled gold midfield of the future I just don’t see him getting much time in the midfield with Powell coming back and most likely JHF coming in. It might be the best option for him and the club and he’s got value. We even saw him playing different roles this year without our full midfield playing. It won’t get easier.

Sometimes you’ve got to do the hard things.
must admit that has crossed my mind too and I can't look at my self in the mirror now.

You can easily understand why Richmond want pick 20 for him considering that's what he cost them 5 years ago and he is probably reaching his prime now.

I'd try and engineer a pick swap, maybe swap our pick 20 for their 28 in this year's draft and swap our future 2nd rounder for their future 4th. Try to crunch the points to get to approximately pick 30ish?

They ain’t getting pick 20 for a 22 year old who has played 9 games. I know talls take time, but he has done bugger all to warrant that sort of pick.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage, the most attractive thing about CCJ is that Caro’s statement earlier today about him “owing” Richmond means she is obviously withering at the thought of losing him.

See you at the PSD Caro, where we’ll take your man for the low, low price of FREE.

Hope not. Bloke is one of the biggest flogs in the AFL. Age profile doesn't fit, neither does the position he plays. Too similar to Zurhaar and is limited defensively.

If he couldn't get a gig in Richmond's side this year then there should be alarm bells.
Caddy is an appropriate name. He can carry our players bags into the ground on match day.

A tall Tiger appears almost certain to be relocating north next season, with the close proximity of his family expected to rule fellow suitor St Kilda out of the race.
Sam Landsberger, Jon Ralph, Glenn McFarlane and Jay Clark

9 min read
September 14, 2021 - 2:38PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/.../902e05ce0c811960e3161633e63cdff6#share-tools

Gold Coast has emerged as the frontrunner for Richmond ruckman Mabior Chol, who is likely to settle on his second AFL club by the end of the week.

The Herald Sun can reveal the Suns have offered the 24-year-old a three-year contract with a trigger for a fourth season.

The Tigers cannot match that security and are about to ramp up their efforts to retain Callum Coleman-Jones with the expectation that Chol will walk as an unrestricted free agent.

It is unlikely the Tigers would offer Chol a contract longer than two seasons, given he has managed 31 games in six seasons.

Mabior Chol has family based near Gold Coast which makes a possible move north really enticing.
They also have 2019 premiership ruckman Ivan Soldo on track to return next season.

At the Suns, Chol would team up with budding superstar Ben King as key forwards who can also relieve Jarrod Witts in the ruck.

They desperately need more ruck support after Stewart Dew was forced to coach without one as Witts, Zac Smith and Matt Conroy went down early.

The project player from South Sudan represented Queensland in juniors after his family relocated to Brisbane in 2005.

Chol’s family now lives in Shailer Park, which is halfway between Gold Coast and Brisbane.
The Herald Sun has confirmed that Essendon is not in the market for Chol, despite reports suggesting he would land at Tullamarine.

Chol’s Wikipedia page wrongly states that he is already a Bomber.

But the Suns are not quite across the line to secure the 198cm player who possesses a big leap.
St Kilda has also hotly pursued Chol as it plans for life after Paddy Ryder, who is likely to retire next season.

Chol’s choice is likely to be revealed next week and his exit from Punt Rd would not require the Tigers to broker a trade.

The Saints and Suns are still jostling for his services and have not been told to expect his signature.

Chol played in 10 out of the final 11 games for the Tigers, kicking four goals against Brisbane Lions in Round 18.

He spent 82 per cent of gametime in the ruck and just 18 per cent forward.

Quality talls could force out Tiger
Richmond’s Callum Coleman-Jones will make a decision on his future in the next 48 hours but looks well placed to join North Melbourne given the Tigers’ ruck strength.

Gold Coast believes he will eventually find his way to the Roos after their interest was rebuffed because of his determination to remain in Victoria.
Both South Australian-based clubs have strong ruck stocks so he was never likely to return to Adelaide.

Richmond has offered a two-year deal but admits it will play Toby Nankervis and Ivan Soldo as their rucks next year.

The Tigers are keen to keep Coleman-Jones despite interest from North Melbourne and Gold Coast.

He served an AFL Covid-related suspension early in the year and when he was not injured he played seniors in eight games of diminishing returns.

After four goals against Adelaide then two goals against each of Essendon and West Coast he kicked three goals in his last five games playing ruck-forward.

He knows Jack Riewoldt could retire at the end of 2022, but if he wants to play ruck the dependable Nankervis and Soldo will take the ruck reins next year as Soldo returns from an ACL.

It means the Roos would guarantee opportunity playing as a key tall.

Keeping Coleman-Jones at the club is a much bigger priority than retaining the inconsistent Chol, who kicked four goals against Brisbane but only three goals in nine other games.

Sydney Stack is closing in on an incentive-laden one-season deal which will ensure he keeps on track with high levels of professionalism.

Talks are ongoing this week but a two-year deal he would have been keen to acquire looks unlikely.

As revealed by the Herald Sun this month, Daniel Talia is a strong chance to secure a list spot at the Tigers.

They ain’t getting pick 20 for a 22 year old who has played 9 games. I know talls take time, but he has done bugger all to warrant that sort of pick.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's a pick swap, we'd get 28 back
North receive - Pick 28, Rich future 4th and CCJ
Rich receive - pick 20, NM future 2nd

I think it will take the equivalent of Pick 30 as a minimum to get the deal done.

Would think that the draft video below is a better representation of the potential in the ruck.

I think the club is keen on versatile forwards and ruckmen post Goldy. I think having Xerri, Comben, Jacobs and CCJ would give you some hope that you could fill a variety of roles and if someone isn't working in one role you aren't pretty much dead in the water. It might explain why we didn't want to go with McDonald last year and have too many KPFs who couldn't play other roles.

Why don’t we draft van rooyen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back