AFL Grand Final Grand Final 2021 - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Gary Lyon and Chris Grant to present the cup to their respective sides.
If there is one certainty, it’s that if Melbourne win I won’t be watching the presentation ceremony then

Melbourne - the lesser of two evils.

Just think that over the year I've enjoyed watching them more. The dogs give me the irrits the way they keep getting away with throws and how they are, almost every week and for years now, the umpires pets. For no apparent reason.
Watching the dogs I keep wanting to throw things at the telly. With Melbourne I only get that feeling when Oliver or Viney is on screen.

Im on the Dees train.
1 Drought breakers are always good for the fans who have spent their lifetime barracking for a perenial loser without tasting success. 1 will do but, cant have another Tigers situation
2 Cant stomach the Dogs cheating ways
3 Goodwin is a great bloke, deserves success. Have experienced a.post season footy trip with Goody, he will show the young fellas how its done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only positive from a dogs win would be to see treloar win one after being f’ed over by the pies.

It means Collingwood would have paid $300K for Treloar to contribute to a Bulldogs flag

Ben Brown escaping the wooden spooners to win a premiership will also be rather lolworthy.

Dees please. Do it for Daniher, and another team breaking a long drought before Freo gets a flag would be lovely (only the Saints would have longer without a flag I think if Dees win it).

Dees please. Do it for Daniher, and another team breaking a long drought before Freo gets a flag would be lovely (only the Saints would have longer without a flag I think if Dees win it).
Correct.

Carlton won their last flag the year Freo joined the comp

Yeah I’m leaning towards Melbourne now, after wanting them to crash and burn all year, they’ve proven me wrong. They play a fast attacking style of footy, and don’t rely on the hack it forward trash of Richmond, or rugby style “hand passes” like the Dogs. I’m sure there’s plenty of stories out there of long suffering supporters who would enjoy seeing them win one. Dogs also have flogs like Brad Hardie in their corner, and Luke Darcy, so I’m all for the Dogs not winning it. Dees are the lesser of two evils I guess.

The Dogs throwing does my head in a bit, but I've always had a little soft spot for the club. So I'm well on that train. Throwing aside, pretty decent team to watch, especially the Bont when he gets off the chain. The more he throws shade at the media and the more they try to push back the more I am liking Luke Beveridge as well.

Come back in a few years Dees fans. You need a little more heartbreak for the s**t that you served up to the competition around 2010. IMO the footballing Gods have not been fully paid just yet. No dramas from me if you break your drought in a few years time, although obviously not if it's at our expense, and if you can do so with Oliver and Fritsch serving a couple of small suspensions and Ben Brown relegated to Casey that would be even better. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
If the Bulldogs win, that would be the following flag return from graduates of the Alistair Clarkson university
Clarkson: 4 premierships
Hardwick: 3 premierships
Beveridge: 2 premierships

All the aforementioned have some bona fide mongrel

Simpson: 1 premiership
Leon Cameron: 0 premierships
Brendan Bolton: 0 premierships

Not saying nice guys don't win, they just might not win more then once....

Hell, Beveridge has spent the year largely refusing to play Ugle-Hagan and roasting Tim English

If that was West Coast Ugle-Hagan would already have "credits in the bank" and Tim English would be getting group hugs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back