List Mgmt. OOC 2021, who is playing for their careers 2021 edition?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm using veteran in the sense of not being a rookie.
Right. Well, surely you know that when you use the term "veteran", it implies someone who's been around a long time, reached their peak, and is likely on the way down... I think it's pretty disingenuous to describe either Fullarton or Ballenden as veterans.

I know this version doesn't support your hypothesis as well, but it is more accurate:
The draftee provides the insurance. If we're keeping a third-year KPP around for depth, I want someone who can ruck better than Fullarton.
Also, unless you've found us a top-5 pick, a 1st year KPP is pretty unlikely to provide reasonable insurance at AFL level. For a top-4 team pushing for a premiership? Even less so.

Delistings?

200.gif

With Birchall retiring and Zorks indicating club wont be too active during trade period, maybe we only delist 2 or 3 players. I dislike this time of year and with no reserve grade last year and an interrupted VFL this year and with the Lions playing a few top up players, if someone like Joyce got delisted would be a bit unlucky, but with Neale committing my guess is
Joyce
Ballenden
Maybe Archie

With Birchall retiring and Zorks indicating club wont be too active during trade period, maybe we only delist 2 or 3 players. I dislike this time of year and with no reserve grade last year and an interrupted VFL this year and with the Lions playing a few top up players, if someone like Joyce got delisted would be a bit unlucky, but with Neale committing my guess is
Joyce
Ballenden
Maybe Archie
Brock Smith an almost certainty to be delisted IMO and Archie IF we have plans to trade in another mature ruck.

All credit and good luck to Brent in the future but that doesn't sate my appetite for delistings.

You're looking forward to players maybe having their careers ended?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best of luck, Archie.
Does make the need for an emergency ruck capable of being a number one a worthwhile consideration. If Oscar was to go down just before or during finals it's unlikely any of our other rucks or ruck/fwds would be able to be number one ruck.

Best of luck, Archie.
Does make the need for an emergency ruck capable of being a number one a worthwhile consideration. If Oscar was to go down just before or during finals it's unlikely any of our other rucks or ruck/fwds would be able to be number one ruck.
First rounder or GTFO………..of the pre-season draft.

Must be some I treat about then for Archie?

Suns seems like a likely suitor. They won't want to go through what they did with Witts missing and no back up ever again. By the same token though, we don't want to risk the same thing, especially when in contention.

Would've thought he was a shoe-in for a delisting but sounds like he indeed has a suitor. Interesting. All the best to him though, flashed some potential but definitely getting on in age now to have any meaningful improvement. Looked very average in the VFL games I saw this year

You're looking forward to players maybe having their careers ended?
You don't seem to get my sarcastic facetious sense of humour FB.... I thought the Simpsons gif would have been the giveaway.

Delistings are a fact of AFL life, not dancing on any graves here just like the discussion it opens up.

Not necessarily having careers ended either, there are 17 other clubs out there who are options.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back