List Mgmt. OOC 2021, who is playing for their careers 2021 edition?

Remove this Banner Ad

Archie must have been given some assurances from a club, the Lions told him IIRC at the end of 2019 that he could explore options elsewhere and nothing materialised, with the club putting out a formal "thanks" statement, this time he is definitely gone.

Who thinks we go into season 2022 with ruck options behind the big O of Fullarton/H.Smith/Lane and at a pinch Ballenden?

Archie must have been given some assurances from a club, the Lions told him IIRC at the end of 2019 that he could explore options elsewhere and nothing materialised, with the club putting out a formal "thanks" statement, this time he is definitely gone.

Who thinks we go into season 2022 with ruck options behind the big O of Fullarton/H.Smith/Lane and at a pinch Ballenden?

Pretty likely. Will be hoping to fast track Lane's development I'm guessing

Right. Well, surely you know that when you use the term "veteran", it implies someone who's been around a long time, reached their peak, and is likely on the way down
Not necessarily. Words can have multiple meanings, and veteran can also be taken to mean anyone who has been in a list for a while.

I think it's pretty disingenuous to describe either Fullarton or Ballenden as veterans.
Okay. I don't.

Also, unless you've found us a top-5 pick, a 1st year KPP is pretty unlikely to provide reasonable insurance at AFL level. For a top-4 team pushing for a premiership? Even less so.
Depends what you class as insurance. To me it represents a warm body you can throw in to cover injury and give an effort, not someone who will give you similar quality to your starter.

No real guarantee that Lane will be staying on the list yet.

I reckon it would've been very unlikely for us to pick up a project ruck in the mid season draft without the intention of keeping him long term.

You don't seem to get my sarcastic facetious sense of humour FB.... I thought the Simpsons gif would have been the giveaway.

Delistings are a fact of AFL life, not dancing on any graves here just like the discussion it opens up.

Not necessarily having careers ended either, there are 17 other clubs out there who are options.

Maybe, but we both know once a guys gets delisted, odds are slim he'll go anywhere back back to the state leagues. Which is fine, as you say, list management is a part of the game. I just find impatience in this regard a bit distasteful, like I don't like people who treat players as disposable like they're playing fantasy football or Championship Manager, all for the sake of discussion. Maybe I'm in the minority.

Which of their posters are you looking to get in return?
Just a late draft pick in the draft of this year's new posters. Really it's just a salary dump.

I reckon it would've been very unlikely for us to pick up a project ruck in the mid season draft without the intention of keeping him long term.
Completely agree, but there is always a chance that he may have an offer elsewhere.
On the Roar Deal after he was drafted he did state that he thought he was going to get picked up by another club and that he was a bit surprised when we called his name out.
But he did know of the interest from the Lions though.

Archie be good for the Suns or another team. Thanks to all his years of service.
No idea why some people take glee in this time of the year.
I understand somethings not worked out with some players. Injury or role or players in front of them
Although others like Keays and Walker recently gone on
Witho and Cutler getting games as well

Wish Archie and whoever else goes all the best.

The HUN reporting Chol moving north but it's behind the paywall so I can't see which team (if they even list one) they mention
here you go

Gold Coast has emerged as the frontrunner for Richmond ruckman Mabior Chol, who is likely to settle on his second AFL club by the end of the week.
Although maybe Archie going and someone said linked to Suns he coming to us??

Also says Callum Coleman-Jones has a offer from North

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Archie has been delisted by the club
Maybe someone picks him up but not sure who would come to the party
Reckon he has got an offer from Gold Coast , they are light on ruck options, you wouldn't just throw away your list spot and given what his family has been through he probably would like to stay close to home

Maybe, but we both know once a guys gets delisted, odds are slim he'll go anywhere back back to the state leagues. Which is fine, as you say, list management is a part of the game. I just find impatience in this regard a bit distasteful, like I don't like people who treat players as disposable like they're playing fantasy football or Championship Manager, all for the sake of discussion. Maybe I'm in the minority.
Think you are on the wrong site if you don't like people saying things for the sake of discussion...

Think you are on the wrong site if you don't like people saying things for the sake of discussion...

I think I've been around this place long enough to hope to see a better level of discussion. I accept though that I may be in the minority but I'm not one to force a discussion at any cost.

I think I've been around this place long enough to hope to see a better level of discussion. I accept though that I may be in the minority but I'm not one to force a discussion at any cost.
:think: 'At any cost" is a tad hyperbolic re my attempted humour FB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back