Autopsy Port versus an actual football team

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the story with Rozee's mum publicly berating supporters for getting upset at the game and booing the players off ?

If true, that's U13 stuff

Far out

She’s a moronic happy clapper that would have been better off had her son been drafted to the croms

sorry love, there’s no participation award given when you play for PAFC…..

Oh wait maybe there is under Ken idk.

they also showed a clip from a radio interview with Tom Rockliff on Saturday morning, where he more or less indicated that the club had one eye on how they would take on Melbourne in the big one - "we'll get over this one, and then work things out from there", or words to that effect.

A bloke transplanted from Brisbane’s derp-era, who collected $51,000 per game in his time here, saying things like that publicly on the morning of a prelim.

Wowee.

Here at maralinga i am still like a lot v disappointed by he prelim result. However my disappointment does not accept the ridicule of this thread title ie an actual football team.

so bave yu are a v weak port adelaide supporter to dump like that.

what if i constantly each page gave a variation of Hinkley is coach until 2023.
i could jump to the top of number rankings? Is that really the point of a forum?

Here at maralinga i am still like a lot v disappointed by he prelim result. However my disappointment does not accept the ridicule of this thread title ie an actual football team.

i could jump to the top of number rankings? Is that really the point of a forum?

Are you one of the poor chaps who was made to look at the blast?

A bloke transplanted from Brisbane’s derp-era, who collected $51,000 per game in his time here, saying things like that publicly on the morning of a prelim.

Wowee.

To be fair to Rocky, he was talking about the Bulldogs game plan then was specifically asked how they would approach the Dees if they came up against them. He just said that they had the Bulldogs to worry about first and would worry about Melbourne if they got there. Just a standard response really.

To be fair to Rocky, he was talking about the Bulldogs game plan then was specifically asked how they would approach the Dees if they came up against them. He just said that they had the Bulldogs to worry about first and would worry about Melbourne if they got there. Just a standard response really.

Fair enough, apologies to Rockliff 🎩🤏

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've got a pretty good record at Port of players having a career best year then instantly regressing significantly.

Aaron Young
Jasper Pittard
DBJ

Off the top of my head

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

After a loss like this, it's always good to take some time away to digest what happened.

"Why do you want to fight? I get why they wanna fight you, I know what they're fighting for...what about you? Listen to me, you've got everything to lose, he's got nothing to lose! When a fighter ain't got nothing to lose, he's dangerous!" - Creed II

The whole narrative around the Dogs coming into this game was just this. They had absolutely nothing to lose. Coming into the game after playing in Tasmania, then Brisbane, it was a free shot at a grand final, so they could play with the psychological freedom of just going out there and giving it their absolute best. Because they knew that even if they lost, people wouldn't hold it against them. The whole 'sleeping in their own beds' bullshit narrative.

And for the Western Bulldogs, their best is pretty ******* good. They weren't top two for most of the season for nothing.

Compare that to Port, who had everything to lose. Home prelim, pressure of the moment, weight of expectations to perform well etc. Some people embrace pressure like that and feed off of it. Most people, however, require another motivating factor to drive them beyond that paralysis of performance. Josh Carr said that in 2004, it wasn't the desire to win a flag that drove the Port playing group, but the fear of failing again. You can bet Richmond circa 2017 went through the same thought process after three elimination final failures in a row.

Tactically, we ****ed up around stoppages - which is why I'm not too concerned about Schofield leaving, and I don't think the club is either. The job of a line coach is to distil the overall strategy of the head coach into the tactics that the players can understand and execute. We've been constantly beaten in stoppages all year with the idea that we will take our +1 out of defence and send them up to the stoppage, whether it be Byrne-Jones or Houston. This might make sense if you're sending a big body like a Lachie Jones, Hamish Hartlett or even Miles Bergman into the fray...but Darcy and Dan just aren't going to cut it. Either too weak or too slow.

But even when you take that into consideration, we played as though we were the ones that had played the week before and the Dogs had the week off. No running to support, no desperation, no hunger - none of the attitude that is required to win a preliminary final, let alone win a flag. What happened? Did this team watch Melbourne completely destroy Geelong and think 'We can't beat this team', and mentally check out? Did we expect that same soft as s**t performance that Geelong put up from a team that is just as much about pressure and contested possession as we are? Did they get ahead of themselves and think they didn't have to put in the same effort to beat the Dogs that they gave when they beat Geelong?

These are questions only the club can answer. And they can answer it by getting in the gym, getting on the track, and demanding excellence.

Even Ford's first race at Le Mans ended in failure.

After a loss like this, it's always good to take some time away to digest what happened.

"Why do you want to fight? I get why they wanna fight you, I know what they're fighting for...what about you? Listen to me, you've got everything to lose, he's got nothing to lose! When a fighter ain't got nothing to lose, he's dangerous!" - Creed II

The whole narrative around the Dogs coming into this game was just this. They had absolutely nothing to lose. Coming into the game after playing in Tasmania, then Brisbane, it was a free shot at a grand final, so they could play with the psychological freedom of just going out there and giving it their absolute best. Because they knew that even if they lost, people wouldn't hold it against them. The whole 'sleeping in their own beds' bullshit narrative.

And for the Western Bulldogs, their best is pretty ******* good. They weren't top two for most of the season for nothing.

Compare that to Port, who had everything to lose. Home prelim, pressure of the moment, weight of expectations to perform well etc. Some people embrace pressure like that and feed off of it. Most people, however, require another motivating factor to drive them beyond that paralysis of performance. Josh Carr said that in 2004, it wasn't the desire to win a flag that drove the Port playing group, but the fear of failing again. You can bet Richmond circa 2017 went through the same thought process after three elimination final failures in a row.

Tactically, we f’ed up around stoppages - which is why I'm not too concerned about Schofield leaving, and I don't think the club is either. The job of a line coach is to distil the overall strategy of the head coach into the tactics that the players can understand and execute. We've been constantly beaten in stoppages all year with the idea that we will take our +1 out of defence and send them up to the stoppage, whether it be Byrne-Jones or Houston. This might make sense if you're sending a big body like a Lachie Jones, Hamish Hartlett or even Miles Bergman into the fray...but Darcy and Dan just aren't going to cut it. Either too weak or too slow.

But even when you take that into consideration, we played as though we were the ones that had played the week before and the Dogs had the week off. No running to support, no desperation, no hunger - none of the attitude that is required to win a preliminary final, let alone win a flag. What happened? Did this team watch Melbourne completely destroy Geelong and think 'We can't beat this team', and mentally check out? Did we expect that same soft as sh*t performance that Geelong put up from a team that is just as much about pressure and contested possession as we are? Did they get ahead of themselves and think they didn't have to put in the same effort to beat the Dogs that they gave when they beat Geelong?

These are questions only the club can answer. And they can answer it by getting in the gym, getting on the track, and demanding excellence.

Ken sucks.

#sackken

Listening to Leigh Matthews just then with Rowe, he is as perplexed with that prelim from Port as everyone else.

Said he half expected the cats performance against the dees, but reckons this Port no show has no rhyme or reason. He also said that when he was coaching he always felt responsible for how the team showed up in the first 15 minutes.

Bit of a vailed swipe at the footy dept there.

I'm wondering if the news about Schoey moving on may have affected the guys - given we got absolutely trounced in the midfield and in the contest.

Listening to Leigh Matthews just then with Rowe, he is as perplexed with that prelim from Port as everyone else.

Said he half expected the cats performance against the dees, but reckons this Port no show has no rhyme or reason. He also said that when he was coaching he always felt responsible for how the team showed up in the first 15 minutes.

Bit of a vailed swipe at the footy dept there.

I'm wondering if the news about Schoey moving on may have affected the guys - given we got absolutely trounced in the midfield and in the contest.
If the news of schofield did that to our playing group then we are in more trouble than we thought, we know they are mentally fragile but that’s next level fragile.

Tactically, we f’ed up around stoppages - which is why I'm not too concerned about Schofield leaving, and I don't think the club is either. The job of a line coach is to distil the overall strategy of the head coach into the tactics that the players can understand and execute. We've been constantly beaten in stoppages all year with the idea that we will take our +1 out of defence and send them up to the stoppage, whether it be Byrne-Jones or Houston. This might make sense if you're sending a big body like a Lachie Jones, Hamish Hartlett or even Miles Bergman into the fray...but Darcy and Dan just aren't going to cut it. Either too weak or too slow.

But even when you take that into consideration, we played as though we were the ones that had played the week before and the Dogs had the week off. No running to support, no desperation, no hunger - none of the attitude that is required to win a preliminary final, let alone win a flag. What happened? Did this team watch Melbourne completely destroy Geelong and think 'We can't beat this team', and mentally check out? Did we expect that same soft as sh*t performance that Geelong put up from a team that is just as much about pressure and contested possession as we are? Did they get ahead of themselves and think they didn't have to put in the same effort to beat the Dogs that they gave when they beat Geelong?

the only way to answer these questions is to do one thing

#sackken

Remove this Banner Ad

Back