Rumour Neil Balme is not the Head of Football

In the wake of the Balme bad news, do you think Darren Burgess will be at the Crows in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 26, 2015
The Land of Apricot Slice
AFL Club
Adelaide
Said he wanted to see out his contract because it’s the right thing to do, but if he really wanted to come to Adelaide Richmond would have let him go.
That came at the end, but there was also parts earlier where he seemed like he wanted the role, but then always added at the end that he was contracted at Richmond.

This is my opinion of course, others could of heard it a different way.

Aug 19, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I reckon he might come if it looks like we’re going to win a flag
If this is your opinion that he lucks out and jumps onto clubs at the right time. Let me ask you, at the end of the 2016 off season, did Richmond look like they’d win the flag next year? No they did not, Balme is obviously a very good asset, but then again doesn’t mean if he comes he will win us a premiership.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Third time lucky next year.......?

Pretty obvious Richmond held him or at least didn't give their blessing.

Got no issue with that. Richmond have every right to not let him go, and a testament to Balmes's character and standing in the game and at Richmond to not burn them.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Third time lucky next year.......?

Pretty obvious Richmond held him or at least didn't give their blessing.

Got no issue with that. Richmond have every right to not let him go, and a testament to Balmes's character and standing in the game and at Richmond to not burn them.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Yeah sounded like Richmond held him to his contract to me. That's their right

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Anyone listen to Balme's interview on AA?

Sounded to me like Richmond said you're not going anywhere....
Fairly petty of them if that's the case.

Balme hasn't given them enough?

They are well within their rights to do it of course but I would have thought three recent premierships would have them in a more generous mood.

To be honest I doubt the story based on that alone. That level of pettiness doesn't seem to fit the club. Perhaps Balme just letting us down gently

Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Legs, Wests Tigers
Fairly petty of them if that's the case.

Balme hasn't given them enough?

They are well within their rights to do it of course but I would have thought three recent premierships would have them in a more generous mood.

To be honest I doubt the story based on that alone. That level of pettiness doesn't seem to fit the club. Perhaps Balme just letting us down gently
I reckon it woudl have been largely about the optics. They would be despeate to sell to their supporters that that the window is still open and this year was an aberration. Having someone like Balmey walk away after the year they've had this year doesn't help that narrative.

Had they done been around the mark this year again we might have seen a very different outcome with Balme.

Dec 2, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Well Crows fans, let me qualify this by saying firstly, a club needs the cattle to be competitive in the AFL environment.

But tell me as a supporter group that you are quietly chuffed to have the services of Darren Burgess from next season. This guy has got quite the reputation in High Performance management, oversaw the preparation of the Demons wonderfully this season, and is now about to shake things up in the high performance department at the Crows.

May not get overnight results, but we know this bloke can prepare a squad for the demands of AFL football. He took over at Melbourne from mid 2019 from memory and has managed to get the best athletically from the Demons group of 2021.

Aug 19, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well Crows fans, let me qualify this by saying firstly, a club needs the cattle to be competitive in the AFL environment.

But tell me as a supporter group that you are quietly chuffed to have the services of Darren Burgess from next season. This guy has got quite the reputation in High Performance management, oversaw the preparation of the Demons wonderfully this season, and is now about to shake things up in the high performance department at the Crows.

May not get overnight results, but we know this bloke can prepare a squad for the demands of AFL football. He took over at Melbourne from mid 2019 from memory and has managed to get the best athletically from the Demons group of 2021.
Pretty happy but as you said we don’t have the cattle so who knows how much impact he will have, also where has this been confirmed as a sure thing because I haven’t seen it

Dec 2, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Pretty happy but as you said we don’t have the cattle so who knows how much impact he will have, also where has this been confirmed as a sure thing because I haven’t seen it

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

We're still not busting up 4 for Dawson.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Well it's almost impossible for him to not be an improvement over some of his recent predecessors

Back