Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Give it to Dustin Martin. He’s our best team player. He’s our best player. He’s the fans favourite. He’s a club legend. It’s a no-brainer. Take a risk and let him win another flag as skipper. Then give it to Graham in 3-years time. Don’t go the easy option Tigers !! Dusty is the man.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably the best thing for his career. At his age and with the battering his body has taken especially in the last 5 years he needs to be able to have the odd game off and not be relied upon in the same way he once was in order to play at his best. As Captain there is the expectation that you are there to lead your team and it's not a great look when you're not there. At least now he can concentrate on himself a little more.

Shame that he won't be known as 4x Premiership Captain though.

Grimes or Vlastuin for me. No doubr fridge will captain the side at some point, but I'd be voting someone a little older at this point.

Mabior Chol next skipper for me

Some of his tackling in finals in our premiership years was just massive for the team. The man was possessed. We all loved him for it.

The standing ovation he got when he came off the ground in the 2017 qualifying final - it sends a shiver up the spine just thinking about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back