InFineForm

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2006
Hawthorn East
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Everton
maybe im seeing what i want to see, and i do understand that daicos is putting up monstrous numbers and will probably be a good player, but thats not a very impressive highlights tape at all
Yeah, lots of handballs to players without particularly sending them into space, sideways kicks & struggling to kick a goal from 45 from a set shot (which he plays on from to get extra distance on his kick).

Can definitely play, but 'standout' pick 1 🤔🤔🤔

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah, lots of handballs to players without particularly sending them into space, sideways kicks & struggling to kick a goal from 45 from a set shot (which he plays on from to get extra distance on his kick).

Can definitely play, but 'standout' pick 1 🤔🤔🤔
I’m with ya……just seems to cruise around, almost bruise free. I’m sure that’s not the case, but that’s what you see in a lot of his highlights. Maybe he’s just that evasive that he doesn’t get tackled. Jackson Macrae rarely gets caught with the ball it seems. He’s a fair player.

hoffseason gains

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No it won't Cal, WA will brain them again.
WA Colts finals on during that weekend so WA will have some big outs (from the draft thread it seems it could be half the team, ie. JVR, Amiss, etc.), plus I’d say SA will make some changes. Although if South Adelaide make it far in the SANFL finals both Horne-Francis and Roberts could be missing which would be massive. Either way hopefully should be a little bit more competitive.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
If theres any truth the CCJ joining us then we might be eyeing off Nasiah @ pick 20 to join his SA mate at Arden Street.

If that did happen we would set a new draft & trading record for the most hyphens in a single year..

Jason Horn-Francis
Callum Coleman-Jones
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If theres any truth the CCJ joining us then we might be eyeing off Nasiah @ pick 20 to join his SA mate at Arden Street.

If that did happen we would set a new draft & trading record for the most hyphens in a single year..

Jason Horn-Francis
Callum Coleman-Jones
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera
I like this idea of NWM, but I reckon he will be long gone by 20.

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
“But complicating matters for Collingwood, it currently doesn’t have a first-round pick and will go into points deficit at things stand if it matches a bid on Nick Daicos with Pick 1 – thus using up all its capital.”

surly we bid

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
“But complicating matters for Collingwood, it currently doesn’t have a first-round pick and will go into points deficit at things stand if it matches a bid on Nick Daicos with Pick 1 – thus using up all its capital.”

surly we bid

They’ll trade players out to get more points

Rainsparks

Debutant
Feb 8, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

7e4f6306eb40b7c27a5e0840fd218313.jpg

Some of the the WA state boys may not be available to play.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

surly we bid
Is there a maximum about of deficit points that can be used....Surely there must be a limit..

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

surly we bid

I still think we make nudge nudge side deal on the unspoken understanding we'll look the other way when there's a chance to bid.

There are 2 alternative ways I'd go about it.

The pre-draft trade (assuming CCJ doesn't wipe out #38): #38 + #69 for Pies 2022 R2 + 2022 R4

or

The post-Daicos bid live trade (mentioned prev): after someone else bids on Daicos (because we kindly didn't) we live trade pies into the draft at pick #20 in exchange for their 2022 R1 + 2022 R2

Should they not pay the draft toll we just kick the night off with "with selection #1 the North Melbourne Football Club have placed a bid on Nick Daicos"..

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I still think we make nudge nudge side deal on the unspoken understanding we'll look the other way when there's a chance to bid.

The pre-draft trade (assuming CCJ doesn't wipe out #38): #38 + #69 for Pies 2022 R2 + 2022 R4

or

The post-Daicos bid live trade (mentioned prev): after someone else bids on Daicos (because we kindly didn't) we live trade pies into the draft at pick #20 in exchange for their 2022 R1 + 2022 R2

Should they not pay the draft toll we just kick the night off with "with selection #1 the North Melbourne Football Club have placed a bid on Nick Daicos"..

Yep, don't burn your bridges with other clubs excepting;
. *
. Hawthorn
. West Coast
. Sydney

Have l missed any ?

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

or

And give our actual pick the $10k he would get for being #1 if we were not being pricks to the Pies.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
And give our actual pick the $10k he would get for being #1 if we were not being pricks to the Pies.

If that enters our heads for even a millisecond of decision making our list managers should be shot.

Improving our draft collateral is far more important than a player being photographed holding a giant Happy Gilmore novelty cheque.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If that enters our heads for even a millisecond of decision making our list managers should be shot.

Improving our draft collateral is far more important than a player being photographed holding a giant Happy Gilmore novelty cheque.

I am not arguing with you. I would like to see the #1 pick we take get the normal 10k.

Why is that bad?

Roobound

Club Legend
North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Aug 16, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The draft is over 2 nights again? GDI I hate that.

I dont mind it at all. The worst part about all in one night you get a bitza this and a bitza that then they talk to the number one pick at the desk all through picks 11 to 15. At least this way you get a good highlight package & a conversation with all the top draftees.

On top of that we have one of the best picks the next night that could net us something very good in either picks or player....assuming we still have that pick of course. I think there will be as much traffic on here the second night prior to the pick than the first pick of the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back