News COTCHIN TO STEP DOWN AS CAPTAIN

Remove this Banner Ad

What an incredible captain he has been, always destined to be our fearless leader and overcame some serious adversity to be our greatest ever, and most successful. The man has led from the front and hopefully now can guide the next captain through with the help of the other older players, like how Jack mentioned on 360 last night. Hopefully releasing the captaincy can free him up and he has an impact similar to how Boak has at Port.

I think you can just watch them from the AFL site - https://www.afl.com.au/video/match-replays/2012

I re-watched Rnd 20 against the Bulldogs not so long ago. Cotchin dominates that game at a level that's Dusty-like. Maybe even more dominant than most (but not quite all) Dusty dominations. You also get Maric in the ruck and Jake King in the forward pocket, so it's pretty fun.
Haven’t watched it since but that close loss to west coast, at shitihad I think, was devastating.
Pretty sure the umps robbed us 😂

We played really good footy that year but lacked composure and confidence as the expectations grew.

Daisy's story about Cotchin printing membership tickets for a fan who had forgotten to bring his tickets

Yeah great insight indeed!!

I would like to thank him for what he has done for the Richmond FC over the last decade (+). He went from a first receiver that won a Brownlow at an early age to completely remodel his game and become totally selfless and team first in the way he played. Since his time as captain (but in particular since '17), he foresake his individual game for the betterment of the team. And the team thrived with him as leader.

A very big thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that he has done to date for the club. I wish him a fantastic season next year now that he doesn't have the burden of captaincy.

His brand...totally selfless and team first!!!

First kick, first goal.

Geelong were flying. We were not. It was raining and cold. But that moment made it worthwhile. I knew in me bones we had a special player. (Mind you, I built up every Tiger as a special player back then, I guess to justify sitting in the rain at an empty MCG, watching them get flogged.)

Just another acknowledgment of what the great man brings to the table - here’s David King reflecting on why Brisbane lost their final to the Doggies, despite dominating much of the action (even a broken clock is right occasionally):

“If there’s ever a time to go outside your own game, your own selfish reward – and I’m not just putting this on McCluggage, they all did it all night and we could show 20 (examples) of them – but that wasn’t the moment to gamble. They gambled and they rolled snake eyes.

“It’s happened throughout the finals series and I think (they need to) fix the core of that midfield that want to get forward of the ball. They don’t have a defensive midfielder in there, they don’t have a Trent Cotchin. If Trent Cotchin plays for them tonight they win by six goals, it’s as simple as that.”

Can never underestimate how much Cotchin’s selfless willingness to sacrifice his offensive game so that guys like Dusty could play to their strengths and be offensive weapons let us win 3 flags 🥲

I think you can just watch them from the AFL site - https://www.afl.com.au/video/match-replays/2012

I re-watched Rnd 20 against the Bulldogs not so long ago. Cotchin dominates that game at a level that's Dusty-like. Maybe even more dominant than most (but not quite all) Dusty dominations. You also get Maric in the ruck and Jake King in the forward pocket, so it's pretty fun.
Don’t know how I didn’t know about this but thanks you!!

I think I might rewatch all his vote-polling games this summer 😎

First kick, first goal.

Geelong were flying. We were not. It was raining and cold. But that moment made it worthwhile. I knew in me bones we had a special player. (Mind you, I built up every Tiger as a special player back then, I guess to justify sitting in the rain at an empty MCG, watching them get flogged.)

Notice who marked it at FB and then brought the ball down at FF for Cotch to rove.

Richo Richo man...
I wan't to be a Richo man

what a machine he was. One of the best endurance athletes the game has seen. He could just run all day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr bean magic kill sound [Team Fortress 2] [Sound Mods]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back