Discussion Fake Footy Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1235701
'eeds' lel

Someone f’ed up the stamp.

Also the collar is sinful.

This is just them photoshopping out details so they don't get picked up by counterfeit sensors. It's why the AFL logos are shopped out too, but they would be there on the actual retail product. I don't condone fakes but it's a pretty common occurrence on those websites

This is just them photoshopping out details so they don't get picked up by counterfeit sensors. It's why the AFL logos are shopped out too, but they would be there on the actual retail product. I don't condone fakes but it's a pretty common occurrence on those websites
Not much point in that when they haven't done it in the clash jumper below!

Yeah, you can them off DHGate for $20-30, but you get what you pay for. You’re better off waiting for post-season sales of the Nike stock.

Has anyone bought anything with this mob? I am tempted to get some

They're obviously fakes, so it's a matter of whether you feel comfortable buying/wearing counterfeit stuff I guess.

As an example from their site, here's an 'adidas' guernsey with a Cotton On neck tag.

AFL_Hawthorn_Hawks_2019_Men_s_Singlet_Rugby_Jersey_S_3XL_1601901819190_0.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gotta say some of these are getting pretty good.. especially given the amateur stitching and overall quality that Classic has been serving up.

IMG-6499.jpg

I saw a fake Carlton jumper at Footscray Savers. It had Charlie Curnow’s number 30 heat pressed on it, poorly I might add (as it had bumps). The AFL patch, the Hyundai patch, and the Virgin patch (on the back) were heat pressed. It had no gps pouch (of course, as it’s fake). Even the Nike symbol was heat pressed. Even more bizarre was the heat pressed Nike label inside the jersey. The only thing sublimated was monogram, yet the shading inside the monogram was heat pressed. Good luck washing this top as everything would just peel off, including the interior Nike label.

I reckon it was just a retail with a store bought number put on (hence the bumps)

Nike turned to absolute garbage by the end of their run with Carlton, everything was heatpressed, there were no cuffs on the guernseys, it was just straight up garbage

Carlton player issues from a few years back had heat pressed logos. Was the last year or so of the Nike deal. Not sure about the numbers though?
I knew their training tops had heat pressed logos, as I have Darcy Lang’s “blue out” one, complete with GPS pouch. The number is also heat pressed.

That’s shocking if the match day jumpers had heat pressed logos. I am surprised they didn’t peel off in matches.

If this jumper was a retail one, it looked very cheap. After a few washes everything would start to peel off.

I reckon it was just a retail with a store bought number put on (hence the bumps)

Nike turned to absolute garbage by the end of their run with Carlton, everything was heatpressed, there were no cuffs on the guernseys, it was just straight up garbage
I knew their training tops had heat pressed logos, as I have Darcy Lang’s “blue out” one, complete with GPS pouch. The number is also heat pressed.

That’s shocking if the match day jumpers had heat pressed logos. I am surprised they didn’t peel off in matches.

If this jumper was a retail one, it looked very cheap. After a few washes everything would start to peel off.

I mean whilst fake, and that price is quite high considering (dude usually sells them for around $200-250), the lace-up fakes by this guy are incredible and I've been meaning to pick up an OG Eagles one from him for some time.

I'd consider them in the same vein as the Mitchell and Ness authentic range of NBA replicas.
Mitchell and Ness hard floor classics look good. I don’t think these lace ups look good.

Vic Hill manufactured the old lace up tops (known as jerkins or football jackets). They looked good.

These mock ups are too short. The Richmond sash is wrong. Richmond had two reinforced stitch lines inside their sash (one close to the top, and the other close to the bottom) on both their woolen, and lace up jerseys.

I also can’t stand the woolen jumpers being produced now. They are a complete waste of money. They are modeled off old Kmart jerseys, as opposed to PI ones. The VFL patch is the wrong color, and there aren’t enough laces inside the football. Teams never had their club logos on their jerseys. Kmart jerseys used to have club crests on in the 1980’s.

Below are what real woolen football jumpers look like.

EB20C608-0DC4-4251-8982-E8AB64393B12.jpeg A7CFD7E6-E232-4E65-B31D-BC1AE592D713.jpeg
Below is what a real VFL patch looks like, albeit on a high quality retail top.
8E562663-0367-47A0-A894-8638D136F3EF.jpeg

The VFL patch is the wrong color, and there aren’t enough laces inside the football. Teams never had their club logos on their jerseys. Kmart jerseys used to have club crests on in the 1980’s.
I believe this is a deliberate measure to stop people passing off new retros as originals - NRL heritage jerseys have the same thing where the badges are deliberately slightly wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back