NRL NRL 2021 Season - Finals Week 1

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
You can go around the ball without going near the nose or face or anywhere that is even going to cause head trauma. I mean the Roosters love a good whinge when it affects them but when it's against them they want the rules applied differently. Verrils wouldn't even be in the worst 10 decisions of the year there have been plenty worse.
Its pretty indisputably a contentious decision, you yourself are acknowledging its inconsistent but its also not in the top 10 worst decisions for the year but youre also saying overall theyve done a good job.

Pick a lane mate.

They both enforce the suspendable offences on behalf of the NRL.

They are seperate entities engaged by the same entity to effectively do the same thing.

They do and in general they get it right 95% of the time. Every club has had a soft charge or two. I applaud the NRL going this route they need to be shown to be doing something to limit concussion which causes early dementia among other things. The question is whether the MRP needs more people involved we've seen a lot of challenges this season.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
You can go around the ball without going near the nose or face or anywhere that is even going to cause head trauma. I mean the Roosters love a good whinge when it affects them but when it's against them they want the rules applied differently. Verrils wouldn't even be in the worst 10 decisions of the year there have been plenty worse.

That’s the point. He’s taken steps to go around the ball without going around the head, the ball carrier through no fault of his, or Verrills, takes that option out of the equation.

Its pretty indisputably a contentious decision, you yourself are acknowledging its inconsistent but its also not in the top 10 worst decisions for the year but youre also saying overall theyve done a good job.

Pick a lane mate.

The JUDICIARY have done a good job this season, have zero issue with their application this season. My main gripe with the judiciary and it's across the board here- you can't use similar offences that were graded differently.

The MRP I'm not as happy with but in general it's only 5% or so that are incorrect. If another set of eyes reduces this then it's something the NRL should consider.

That’s the point. He’s taken steps to go around the ball without going around the head, the ball carrier through no fault of his, or Verrills, takes that option out of the equation.

So the same applies from Manu dropping right...oh wait hang on doesn't affect the Roosters so the other team cops it and I'm not even a Souths fan. It was careless and injury comes into it, simple.

Probably been enough to this pointless discussion anyway

Eagles and Panthers both pretty short priced, hard to see a different outcome based on the games last week, although Riff did look cooked in the last 20... Wonder how theyll back up.

Give the Roosters some chance Penrith have been awful for a month.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
So the same applies from Manu dropping right...oh wait hang on doesn't affect the Roosters so the other team cops it and I'm not even a Souths fan. It was careless and injury comes into it, simple.

How does it effect the roosters? Mitchell moved to souths remember? Makes no difference to me how long he gets suspended for.
Did Mitchell make a choice and lead with his shoulder? Yes. Utterly ridiculous comparison.

Roosters play Manly. Riff play Parra.

Manly and Riff will rightly start faves.

Roosters feel like a long shot. Parra a sneaky chance cause Riff been poor but Parra didnt set the world on fire last week.

Arrh my mistake actually give them more chance against Manly. Manly have 1 player shut him down they have zero.

I can see the logic but it feels like Roosters are missing so many players now.

Teddy v Turbo is the marquee but it feels like Manly bat a bit deeper (DCE, Saab, Garrick, Jake Turbo)

I'd agree with you if DCE wasn't in putrid form.

Surely the Roosters start with Walker this week over the useless waste of space Lam!

2 of those players are wingers, Tupou is just as good.

Whilst Manly should be favs and bare in mid I haven't seen the odds, I feel that's the upset game.

Penrith should beat Parra even allowing for the fact Penrith are in hopeless form

Tigger Please!

Koo Koo Ka-Choo
Oct 24, 2005
Bourgeois Bohemia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wests Tigers
I'd agree with you if DCE wasn't in putrid form.

Surely the Roosters start with Walker this week over the useless waste of space Lam!

2 of those players are wingers, Tupou is just as good.

Whilst Manly should be favs and bare in mid I haven't seen the odds, I feel that's the upset game.

Penrith should beat Parra even allowing for the fact Penrith are in hopeless form

Agreed. Radley and JWH will be better for the run and surely Sam Walker starts. Teddy was immense last week; Turbo MIA.
Probably more wishful thinking but I can definitely see an upset here.

Agreed. Radley and JWH will be better for the run and surely Sam Walker starts. Teddy was immense last week; Turbo MIA.
Probably more wishful thinking but I can definitely see an upset here.

That is the game that has some upset potential the price for manly is ridiculous. Of all teams the fullbacks just cancel each other out.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think Manly and Riff start faves (which according the NRL site they do) and i think thats right but theres a world where both games are upsets.

Any team with Teddy can win and Riff have been average for a few weeks and looked completely exhausted by the end of the game on Saturday night.

Manly $1.31 v Roosters $3.50
Riff $1.22 v Eels $4.25

Prices in both games seem silly TBH.

Id say Manly more likely than not, Roosters have just been smashed with unavailability.

Id tip Parra in the upset, Riff looked properly shot to bits in that last 20. Needed to win for a week off.

Parra are too bald to win. Plus I don’t trust Moses in big games

Back