List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Jun 18, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep this.

I highly doubt he ever wants to play AFL again.

Be interesting once his AFL dollars dry up.

No real money in Gaelic, ticked off a flag with his home county and international travel hopefully be back on the cards soon so less likely to get stranded here. I could see it happening, but doubt it would be for us - although i'd love him on our list.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure if it's because of the injuries but Simpson attributed our success in 2018 to playing players in their natural positions instead of attempting to make them a jack of all trades like he did in '16 and '17.

Not sure why the club went away from that and I do hope it was solely due to injuries and nothing else, because it clearly doesn't work with our players.

Well lets just pray that if we do have injuries next season West gets thrown into the center square and Gaff stays on a wing where we won AA.

I know who I'd rather have fighting for a ground ball in congestion and applying pressure.

Arguing with me in pointless, as I don't post enough on big footy, but I think Rotham is a great kick of the footy.
He's hit up some great passes this year.

There's nothing to argue - you're 100% correct.

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Be interesting once his AFL dollars dry up.

No real money in Gaelic, ticked off a flag with his home county and international travel hopefully be back on the cards soon so less likely to get stranded here. I could see it happening, but doubt it would be for us - although i'd love him on our list.
Might go full Tadgh Kennelly.

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Mihochek is 192 cm and Rotham is 193 cm!!!
That kind of plays in to my point which was poorly worded.

He's tall enough but not enough bulk/strength (I said not big enough but understand how that is more likely to be assumed I was referencing his height).

He'll do a lot better exclusively against opponents who are aerially good but shorter and not as physically strong.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_...rap-bailey-rogers-star-west-plays-luke-parker

Anyone see anything of Bailey Rogers in the WAFL. Is he worth taking with a late pick?

I have seen a lot of him ( been watching him and tracking him since he played Colts ) and he is certainly worth consideration for a late / rookie pick.
His game has come on leaps and bounds the last two seasons.
Additionally he has a strong defensive side to his game.
He has developed from a very reliable HBF into a goal kicking balanced mid.

Has a hard edge and wins his own ball also has developed into a goal kicker.
Plug in ready to play with a solid frame.

download-10.jpg

Last edited:

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
I have seen a lot of him ( been watching him and tracking him since he played Colts ) and he is certainly worth consideration for a late / rookie pick.

View attachment 1236429
Asked Knightmare about how he compared to Kelly. He seems to have the similar thoughts to you.

Statistically comparable, with Kelly about a year younger than Rogers is now when drafted.

Both are damaging, with Rogers the more versatile of the pair, though Kelly is certainly the more explosive athlete and the better midfielder.

Interestingly, and many won't realise this. Kelly when drafted wasn't even the best on his team. Haiden Schloithe was the better footballer and won the Sandover Medal ahead of him.

Similar could be said at the current time of Rogers who is that #2 mid behind Bolton, but like Kelly in that 2017 season, Rogers this year has entered that top tier category.

Rogers for a point of comparison isn't certain to get drafted but is one I'd take late/rookie if looking for someone who can be a versatile 4th or 5th midfielder in a rotation who can also impact games up front or even push back as required. He's one of those where he likely won't star like Kelly, but could slot into a team and be a seamless fit and capable component.

Happy Mastenator

Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast

View attachment 1236429
I'm also now keen to get him on board with a late pick.

Our midfield is missing on players in that age range. If we load up with young mids with our first round and 2 second rounders, then that might be a nice influx for the future.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
- we would get bugger all back in a trade anyways due to his age, salary and Covid concerns with other clubs. Like which other club could fit him in without us doing a Treloar?
Bryce Gibbs went for two firsts. So did Dayne Beams. So did pre-Brownlow Lachie Neale. The Treloar dumping was a comparative outlier.

I think the big argument is that wingers aren't all that valuable these days, so if you could trade Gaff as an AA midfielder someone like Norf would bite.

Happy Mastenator

Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Bryce Gibbs went for two firsts. So did Dayne Beams. So did pre-Brownlow Lachie Neale. The Treloar dumping was a comparative outlier.

I think the big argument is that wingers aren't all that valuable these days, so if you could trade Gaff as an AA midfielder someone like Norf would bite.
North are tanking and rebuilding. Not sure they want gaff now

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast

View attachment 1236429

Hard edge...wins own ball.

Good.

Read today some believe after the top 5 you can throw a blanket over the next 50 players in the draft. Very even after the top guns are gone.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
North are tanking and rebuilding. Not sure they want gaff now

Saints chasing runners.

If Gaff went anywhere we would be paying some of that salary. Dont see that happening.

We just got to get him back on that wing playing the role he is suited too. 2nd or 3rd receiver coming out of defense, run the ball forward up the wing and hit up a leading forward.

If I see Gaff in the guts getting smashed in close and West tagging on the HFF I will lose my sh!t next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back