List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good call. And Xerri might yet be a very good player for us. The fact he can find a lot of the ball at VFL level hints to a good tank and some smarts. He's strongly put together (not shredded by any means) but isn't some 200cm beanpole needing 5 years of Happy Meals to get up to weight.

Under a better regime with Noble, Blakey & Co and a directive to use his aggression to set the path for his ever improving midfield anything is possible.

Btw bit of background on Blakey in particular. For those that only know him as a guy who used to play for North and came from Sydney. The bloke was a fitness fanatic even amongst AFL fit players during his playing days. Boomer cites him as his role model for preparation and living an athletic lifestyle.

Blakey didn't (and still doesn't) have an ounce of fat on him. I remember laughing with a mate as Blakey ran past on a wing once "**** his CALVES are completely ripped". If he has any bearing on the squad's conditioning, they're in for one hell of a ride.
In the glory days, I used to tell people that if there was one person I wanted to save my life by standing under a high ball to take a mark, with a pack bearing down, it was John Blakey. Absolute warrior

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Do you think we could talk Dumont to be part of a deal to go to the Tigers...Him and pick #20 for CCJ and their pick #15...

No, because he can go anywhere he likes as a UFA.

The 2000 coup. I forgot about there being two in 87.
That was a big mess. The PM at the time was someone my old man played soccer with iirc. George Speight, who led the coup was only in it for the money afaik. It wasn't him was it?

Bainimarama is the PM now, but he was influential in the whole thing. I haven't been to Fiji since the year we last made the PF but it was noticeable how no one there wanted to talk about the government or politics, especially in a critical way. They'd start to whinge then shut up very quickly. It was definitely creepy and unlike Fiji when I used to go there reasonably frequently as a kid. Anyway back to trades i spose.

Richmond ruck forward Callum Coleman-Jones will play for North Melbourne next year in a coup for a Kangaroos side that can cater for his desire to play in the ruck.

The Herald Sun understands Coleman-Jones will nominate the Roos as his new home, with the club happy to play him and Todd Goldstein as a ruck tandem.

Goldstein is an accomplished ruckman and has thrived on the workload of playing sole ruck but is equally adept at pushing forward to play as a marking forward.

Richmond could not promise Coleman-Jones ruck time with Ivan Soldo is returning from an ACL tear to play alongside Toby Nankervis.

The Suns have given up hope of luring the key position forward north and all that is left is for Coleman-Jones to officially ask the Tigers for a trade.

It means the Tigers will lose both Coleman-Jones and Mabior Chol, who is set to join Gold Coast as a free agent on a three-year deal with a trigger for a fourth.

The Tigers will have to strike a deal with North Melbourne on Coleman-Jones. The Kangaroos be unwilling to give up their second-round selection at pick 20 given Coleman-Jones only played eight games this year.

The 22-year-old was a pick 20 in the 2017 national draft.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The amount of games he’s played is slightly disingenuous as well he would of played more this season but got injured

And last year if he didn’t end up at the strippers

But those things did happened so…
It downgrades his trade value. It makes it a risky trade for North because of those things.

Your post actually downgrades his trade value.

Good call. And Xerri might yet be a very good player for us. The fact he can find a lot of the ball at VFL level hints to a good tank and some smarts. He's strongly put together (not shredded by any means) but isn't some 200cm beanpole needing 5 years of Happy Meals to get up to weight.

Under a better regime with Noble, Blakey & Co and a directive to use his aggression to set the path for his ever improving midfield anything is possible.

Btw bit of background on Blakey in particular. For those that only know him as a guy who used to play for North and came from Sydney. The bloke was a fitness fanatic even amongst AFL fit players during his playing days. Boomer cites him as his role model for preparation and living an athletic lifestyle.

Blakey didn't (and still doesn't) have an ounce of fat on him. I remember laughing with a mate as Blakey ran past on a wing once "**** his CALVES are completely ripped". If he has any bearing on the squad's conditioning, they're in for one hell of a ride.
Some of big X's ruckwork that I've seen has been very good. He also got 32 contested possessions in that VFL game. Not a forward sure but he could still be a Mumford style ruck and do okay I reckon. It certainly wouldn't hurt to have another big body around the young midfield if Cunners and Jed are the only hard nuts in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1631682378106.png

Harpergun

Senior List
Mar 7, 2012
Gold Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As many have mentioned, they will ask for 20, we will counter with 38 and generally meet in the middle. I believe we have the upper hand due to him being uncontracted, playing minimal games and the first pick in PSD. Granted PSD threat doesnt happen that often but not totally unheard of.

Would anyone consider 38 and 2022 second rounder for CCJ and Tigers 2022 second rounder. Tempt them with a potential pick upgrade for next year which may even fall in our favor if Richmond keep on the downward trend and we start moving up.

Last edited:

Richmond ruck forward Callum Coleman-Jones will play for North Melbourne next year in a coup for a Kangaroos side that can cater for his desire to play in the ruck.

The Herald Sun understands Coleman-Jones will nominate the Roos as his new home, with the club happy to play him and Todd Goldstein as a ruck tandem.

Goldstein is an accomplished ruckman and has thrived on the workload of playing sole ruck but is equally adept at pushing forward to play as a marking forward.

Richmond could not promise Coleman-Jones ruck time with Ivan Soldo is returning from an ACL tear to play alongside Toby Nankervis.

The Suns have given up hope of luring the key position forward north and all that is left is for Coleman-Jones to officially ask the Tigers for a trade.

It means the Tigers will lose both Coleman-Jones and Mabior Chol, who is set to join Gold Coast as a free agent on a three-year deal with a trigger for a fourth.

The Tigers will have to strike a deal with North Melbourne on Coleman-Jones. The Kangaroos be unwilling to give up their second-round selection at pick 20 given Coleman-Jones only played eight games this year.

The 22-year-old was a pick 20 in the 2017 national draft.

Its officially a coup now is it?

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Some of big X's ruckwork that I've seen has been very good. He also got 32 contested possessions in that VFL game. Not a forward sure but he could still be a Mumford style ruck and do okay I reckon. It certainly wouldn't hurt to have another big body around the young midfield if Cunners and Jed are the only hard nuts in there.
The issue for X is that he is a pretty bad forward at AFL level and I am pretty confident Noble would prefer to play 2 rucks with one resting forward. CCJ and apparently Edwards have X covered as a forward and only one of them needs to be better than, or even close to, X as a ruckman (I think they will both have him covered in the ruck too). That's before you consider Comben and how he fits into this and whether we could fit Larkey and two of Comben/CCJ/Edwards/X in the one forward line.

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
That was a big mess. The PM at the time was someone my old man played soccer with iirc. George Speight, who led the coup was only in it for the money afaik. It wasn't him was it?

Bainimarama is the PM now, but he was influential in the whole thing. I haven't been to Fiji since the year we last made the PF but it was noticeable how no one there wanted to talk about the government or politics, especially in a critical way. They'd start to whinge then shut up very quickly. It was definitely creepy and unlike Fiji when I used to go there reasonably frequently as a kid. Anyway back to trades i spose.

Bananarama is not to keen on free trade unions either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back