No Oppo Supporters Opposition posters say the strangest things - Carlton posters ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you honestly realistically think the group will go with 0 finals experience? Pressure ramped up to 11, ferocious tackling, intensity etc.

Make finals first year, put up admirable fight but ultimately go down to more experienced team.

Back again next year, advance a little etc.

With this group advance to a quarter or a prelim on first go with 0 finals experience? lol.
Richmond didn’t really need much experience. Got knocked out first week 2014 and 15. Finished 13th 2016 and then we saw what happened after they made some back of house changes.

Finals experience is overrated imo.. its just another game of football at the end of the day.

Thats just my opinion anyways

Am I a dumb dumb? I'd rather not make finals if it means being bundled out in the first round...this way we get a kinder fixture next year. Do I suck?
Don't want to sound like a party pooper, but I'd rather make finals and get beaten like * than not make finals at all.

Fixture works in teams of 6, so the 7th/8th placed teams realistically should be getting the same difficulty of a fixture to those finishing 9-12th.

Don't want to sound like a party pooper, but I'd rather make finals and get beaten like * than not make finals at all.

Fixture works in teams of 6, so the 7th/8th placed teams realistically should be getting the same difficulty of a fixture to those finishing 9-12th.

Finishing 13th, we should get an easier draw.

Am I a dumb dumb? I'd rather not make finals if it means being bundled out in the first round...this way we get a kinder fixture next year. Do I suck?
you suck a tiny bit but it means we get a better draft hand too so you don't suck as much.........least you're not a poo head.........

Oh boy the melts from the Crom board is delicious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They did just make the history books.

From a South Melbourne/Sydney supporter, who uses each and every opportunity to stick the boots in.
St.Kilda remain a blight on the Comp. They and North should never have been admitted to the VFL. Port Melbourne were really the go.

St.Kilda have added near zero to the comp, beyond W's in their Oppos win column for nearly a century.

I say amalgamate the resources of Carlton, North and the Saints and take back their licenses.

Issue new licenses to a viable mob in Tassie and Port Melbourne.

New Port circle jerk thread on main board

”Ever since The Kosh came to Port, they've completely rebranded themselves; his media background was crucial. They got a new look, a cool ass song, and an edgy feel. It's "cool" to be a Port fan, while it's "boomer-cringe" to be a Crows fan. Given their recent success on the field, and The Crows lack thereof, is there now a new pecking order in South Australia?

Regarding membership totals, it's neck and neck:

8. Adelaide Crows – 60,232 (2020 tally: 54,891)

9. Port Adelaide – 56,532 (2020 tally: 46,820)
What do you think?”

What I think is I was backing Port in tonight before the thread. And then they became cringy twats.

New Port circle jerk thread on main board

”Ever since The Kosh came to Port, they've completely rebranded themselves; his media background was crucial. They got a new look, a cool ass song, and an edgy feel. It's "cool" to be a Port fan, while it's "boomer-cringe" to be a Crows fan. Given their recent success on the field, and The Crows lack thereof, is there now a new pecking order in South Australia?

Regarding membership totals, it's neck and neck:

What do you think?”

What I think is I was backing Port in tonight before the thread. And then they became cringy twats.
Port were and have always been cringy twats. Koshie just added cultural cringe to the mix.

Tempers flaring on the Richmond board

Dwayne Russell to Neil Balme: "You probably would've won 3 premierships no matter who was captain" (discussing Cotchin).

Get ****ed you piece of s@#t! What a nice thing to say the day after Cotchin steps down. Salty handbagging prick!

I am no fan of Dwayne but what he said was absolutely spot on.

Not trying to knock Cotchin, but he'll never be regarded in the same light as other triple premiership captains like Voss or Hodge, both as a player and a leader.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not trying to knock Cotchin, but he'll never be regarded in the same light as other triple premiership captains like Voss or Hodge, both as a player and a leader.
Don't make me defend Richmond, Elmer.

Perhaps he won't be seen in the same light, but he really stepped up a level playing wise in 2017

Perhaps he won't be seen in the same light, but he really stepped up a level playing wise in 2017

Still think they would have won their flags without Cotchin TBH (well I think 2017 perhaps not, but I would certainly say so for 2019 and 20)

Still think they would have won their flags without Cotchin TBH (well I think 2017 perhaps not, but I would certainly say so for 2019 and 20)
I think you're not looking in the right direction.

Their entire game worked because the B tier functioned as a pressure generator to enable the A tier to have more breaks and to funnel the ball to them. Cotchin served as both sides of that; he was an exemplar of their increased pressure game, going from averaging 3.9 tackles over the course of his career to 5.6 in 2017 and 4.7 in 2018 when they were establishing their method, and he became a much more impactful player because he didn't have to work so hard to win the ball. His teammates looked for him, and he imposed himself when he needed to or the moment came.

You don't know what he does off-field, and he's been their leader since 2013. He's a three time premiership captain, and a Brownlow medalist. I don't know how you can make the claim that they'd not have won their flags in his absence, because without him they wouldn't be the same team, and in a very real sense they are the truest team of the modern football era.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I now have to go and punish myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back