Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 5 - The stroll out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
he is one vote in one branch.

sh*t like this actually annoys me. its bad enough the alp preselection is half in the hands of the unions, but if former candidates get to dominate branches then we may as well not even have them
He's also the incumbent elected representative in the area.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see how shoehorning a candidate that resides in one of the least socioeconomically disadvantaged electorates in NSW into one of the most socioeconomically disadvantaged over a candidate that has spent most of their life living in poverty in that electorate can be seen as a good thing. It's plain s**t, and the kind of thing that will lose support for the ALP from marginalised communities.

The fish rots from the head. The Moronison outfit is replete with incompetent venal Ministers utterly bereft of integrity who would be dismissed by any leader with a vestige of integrity. So The Christian is safe.

That Christian Porter asserts that accepting anonymous cash via a carefully structured trust is in any way acceptable demonstrates yet again the astonishing dereliction of ethics and accountability under this Government. #auspol

Jo Dyer @instanterudite

He's also the incumbent elected representative in the area.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see how shoehorning a candidate that resides in one of the least socioeconomically disadvantaged electorates in NSW into one of the most socioeconomically disadvantaged over a candidate that has spent most of their life living in poverty in that electorate can be seen as a good thing. It's plain sh*t, and the kind of thing that will lose support for the ALP from marginalised communities.

again, not a monarchy. hes one vote for one branch

and as for the candidate, she needed to build ties with the unions and central. if she thought being 1) local, and 2) non-white, and 3) female was a lock for her selection, she is deluded. this is politics, for a political position. if she couldnt play the game to lock in pre-selection, she doesnt deserve a safe seat

ive been saying NSW will be a win for the libs next year - this kind of stuff doesnt make me think im wrong if people assume preselection is a cakewalk

Now the corrupt campaigner is pandering to his loony child molesting mates in the church of friutcakes again.
(ps, I spelt "fruitcakes" incorrectly on purpose so the total morons do not realise I am talking about them.)

Last edited:
if she thought being 1) local, and 2) non-white, and 3) female was a lock for her selection, she is deluded
I think this is a terrible mischaracterisation of TL.

I think this is a terrible mischaracterisation of TL.

if she had union and central support, she would have been backed. she didnt

if you cant play the game, what hope in hell does she have in canberra? the ALP need people who will fight for their seat in parliament, not expect it to be gift wrapped and handed to them

i cant read the Aust, how legit is this reporting about dutton pushing for us to get missile technology?

fwiw i dont mind us improving this, but if china is the goal thats only half the journey (the rest is we need nuclear warheads)
Surely fast rail would be a better use for that money
Get the Chinese to build it

the ALP need people who will fight for their seat in parliament, not expect it to be gift wrapped and handed to them
Then why are they plonking KK in a safe seat that she doesn't have to fight for?

Then why are they plonking KK in a safe seat that she doesn't have to fight for?

and how the heck do you think she got agreement for that? she wrote an email to albo and that was it?

she played the game, got the union and factional support to lock in the move

if you cant play the game, stick to checkers. im sick of the alp having emo softcocks and not streetfighters

and how the heck do you think she got agreement for that? she wrote an email to albo and that was it?

she played the game, got the union and factional support to lock in the move

if you cant play the game, stick to checkers. im sick of the alp having emo softcocks and not streetfighters
Playing the game shouldn't be more important than representing your electorate. ALP needs to be winning over marginalised and disadvantaged communities by listening to them and engaging with them, not forcing what they think is best on them.

Playing the game shouldn't be more important than representing your electorate. ALP needs to be winning over marginalised and disadvantaged communities by listening to them and engaging with them, not forcing what they think is best on them.

You don't win an election being sweet

The alp have to learn from how we have lost. The electorate respect profile and pork barreling. That's it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at the comments and reactions this ABC article, FFS. It's no surprise most are outraged by this. I really hope rusted-on Labor supporters can begin to understand why, rather than accepting a privileged candidate that doesn't live in the area being forced down a disadvantaged electorate's throat.

You don't win an election being sweet

The alp have to learn from how we have lost. The electorate respect profile and pork barreling. That's it
I lived in Jackie Trad's electorate around the last QLD State Election. I can assure you she didn't lose her seat because she was sweet. It was because much of the poorer and younger demographics in the electorate felt she had treated them like they were idiots. These are demogroaphics the ALP can't afford to alienate.

Look at the comments and reactions this ABC article, FFS. It's no surprise most are outraged by this. I really hope rusted-on Labor supporters can begin to understand why, rather than accepting a privileged candidate that doesn't live in the area being forced down a disadvantaged electorate's throat.

I lived in Jackie Trad's electorate around the last QLD State Election. I can assure you she didn't lose her seat because she was sweet. It was because much of the poorer and younger demographics in the electorate felt she had treated them like they were idiots. These are demogroaphics the ALP can't afford to alienate.

ABC has a more Greens/woke base - a POC and I don't like using that phrase, being ousted by a white woman right or wrong, would make their viewership livid it's antithetical to their brand - but that's not the ALP's base or even the level of overall engagement.
FWIW - this happens all the time in the sphere of ABC and the like but the other way around.
It's hard to take the ABC seriously when it's due, a bit like Sky News in the reverse.

ABC has a more Greens/woke base - a POC and I don't like using that phrase, being ousted by a white woman right or wrong, would make their viewership livid it's antithetical to their brand - but that's not the ALP's base or even the level of overall engagement.
FWIW - this happens all the time in the sphere of ABC and the like but the other way around.
It's hard to take the ABC seriously when it's due, a bit like Sky News in the reverse.
Speaks to how skewed political discourse is to the right in Austalia if you think ABC is Sky News in reverse. But doesn't mean we can't and shouldn't be demanding better.

Speaks to how skewed political discourse is to the right in Austalia if you think ABC is Sky News in reverse. But doesn't mean we can't and shouldn't be demanding better.

True the media in this country is a toilet, whilst I watch on sometimes - I prefer some of the youtubers/comedians doing the rounds.
ABC is much better overall than Sky - which I watch - but I do pay for their dime - what they mostly give in return is a continuation of the culture wars with Sky - and just telling us how racist and sexist we all are. Not much else. That's the brand of the Greens.

Have you actually watched the ABC in the last 20 years?

Not sure if this is a bit or you are serious?? Do you count every death against the PM for COVID?

Also should it have been 0? Would ALP have delivered 0 deaths?

Crazy comments but im just entering here now for first time
If he couldn't keep it out, he had 2 things that were musts

And he failed them both.

nOt sCoMos fAulT tHo

Say what you want about ABC, but I still think Media Watch is the best weekly program this country produces. And I don't think you could feasibly call Media Watch left-wing. I mean former Sky News journalist Janine Perrett hosted it a few weeks back, and it was still brilliant.

Again, a poor candidate who couldn't play the game

And btw sooking to 2UE and 2GB isn't the way to show your alp credentials

Say what you want about ABC, but I still think Media Watch is the best weekly program this country produces. And I don't think you could feasibly call Media Watch left-wing. I mean former Sky News journalist Janine Perrett hosted it a few weeks back, and it was still brilliant.
They literally bagged the ABC an ep or 2 back

KK will be an outstanding representative for the electorate she represents and also all other Australians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back