Society/Culture Homogeneous society

Remove this Banner Ad

No not at all. But Christianity does inspire many who without it would not serve others.
How do you know they weren’t looking to serve anyway, and any old philosophy of service would have inspired them to take the plunge?

How do you know they weren’t looking to serve anyway, and any old philosophy of service would have inspired them to take the plunge?

Do you really think another philosophy would have the same power to inspire so many to serve others ?

The connection devoted Christians(regular church attendees) have with with their faith is very strong.

What are the social norms?

View attachment 1236057

Some examples include

Speaking English
Children attending school
Those able to should work
Obey the law
Consideration and compassion for others
Supporting the vulnerable members of society
The primary responsibility for raising children belongs to the parents
Children as a preference should have a Dad and Mum
Recognise there are two biological genders both of which naturally have distinct behavioural characteristics
Treating people fairly
Basic manners such as saying thank you
Appropriate body language such as correct eye contact and voice tone

What more could you want?

Everything flows from that. The rest is just Taliban s**t.

What do we do with Autistics kids who won't make appropriate eye contact? Do you have a solution for that?

I agree with Boronia67 . In the interests of social cohesion, let's eliminate all socio-economic classes and guarantee equality of outcome. The wealthy won't get access to multiple properties and those in insecure work (disproportionately non-white) will be guaranteed a living wage the same as every family in Toorak.

Social cohesion.

Firstly I am not advocating the churches run the country or have some control over government.

Whatever crimes the churches have done and there are some bad ones via a few sick evil individuals the churches have done far more good than bad.

The catholic church a few years ago and I assume its similar today funded around 50% of all palliative care in this country.

The main takeaway of the new testament is service to others. I will give you an example of someone in my life inspired by Christianity to help others.

My GP i have been seeing since I was born is from an Eastern European country and speaks that language. He is roughly 70 and has had a few bouts of cancer. More than enough money to retire. He still keeps on working 5 long days a week to help his patients many of whom are old with complex health conditions he understands and they often have limited English.

This just one of tens of thousands of examples of people in our great nation who have been inspired by their Christian faith to serve others.
I don't accept any of your points here are not just your religious indoctrination talking.
Rote and regurgitated without foundation.

What more could you want?

Everything flows from that. The rest is just Taliban sh*t.

What do we do with Autistics kids who won't make appropriate eye contact? Do you have a solution for that?

Nothing is going to happen to them. You would hope at some point an adult such as a parent or teacher would have a talk to them.

It might sound trivial but displaying weird body language can make it hard for children to make friends and interact with others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK. No, you can’t just “have a talk” to a person on the spectrum

Yeah I’m not going down this path. You have a childish view of the world. Not my job to bring you up to speed.

Social norms at not supposed to be enforced like they are an actual law. They are simply supposed to be encouraged.

If a child has special needs that has to be taken into consideration. Developmental goals should be set by the parents and educators that are appropriate for that child.

Nothing wrong with teaching most children to look people in the eye and to firmly shake hands.

I know for a fact that some of the people who advocate for a homogeneous society, are racist.

This is an interesting conversation, but I can only find inconsistency in this - if in fact you're using the term 'racist' in conscious context (i:e deliberate racism).

How can someone who condones racism view a society as homogenous that contains more than one 'culture'?

This is an interesting conversation, but I can only find inconsistency in this - if in fact you're using the term 'racist' in conscious context (i:e deliberate racism).

How can someone who condones racism view a society as homogenous that contains more than one 'culture'?
I have an inkling the idea is to keep out anyone not "homogenous" enough eg coloured, gay etc

OK. No, you can’t just “have a talk” to a person on the spectrum

Yeah I’m not going down this path. You have a childish view of the world. Not my job to bring you up to speed.
It's like a Christian bot.

Then that would be separatist, not homogeneous, certainly not harmonious
No doubt.
Your point?

The religious want the world to be the same......as them.

Some examples include

Speaking English
Children attending school
Those able to should work
Obey the law
The primary responsibility for raising children belongs to the parents
Treating people fairly
Basic manners such as saying thank you
I'd say that most of these are important to you, because they're what you grew up with, and what you've lived with.

Apart from 'identity politics', it's what Australia is. So they're not arguments for change or diversion.

You've been courted by the corruption of identity politics. (Certain things are bad, because they exist).
Everyone has hardship in their life, and it's very easy to convince people that there is something to blame. (Conspiracy theories work in a very similar way).
It can never be truly defined, because it will fall apart under scrutiny.

Identity politics is pretty reasonable. Yes some idiots took it too far in some areas.
It's been turned into a boogeyman.

"Identity politics took its modern form during the second half of the last century. It emerged as an emancipatory mode of political action and thinking based on the shared experience of injustice by particular groups—notably blacks, women, gays, Latinos and American Indians." - Merriam-Webster

It's been corrupted and turned into a slur. PC, SJW etc. It's being sold as an attack on "white men".

This is your post again, with the corrupted identity politics attached.

Some examples include

Speaking English -Immigration
Children attending school -Indigenous
Those able to should work -Immigrants, Indigenous
Obey the law - Immigrants, Indigenous
The primary responsibility for raising children belongs to the parents -LGBTQ+
Children as a preference should have a Dad and Mum -LGBTQ+
Recognise there are two biological genders both of which naturally have distinct behavioural characteristics -LGBTQ+

How many of those issues actually impact you?
Compare it to how important it seems to you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Lana Lokteff. An ethno-nationalist. Openly so, since around 2017.

This is her short video about a "Homogeneous nation" and "forced multiculturalism".
Putting the success of majority white nations down to being majority white.

Lokteff is arguing for white nationalism. That's from 2018. Same points are still being made.
Does this change your view at all? Or make you at least want to dig deeper into your thoughts and motivations?

I'd say that most of these are important to you, because they're what you grew up with, and what you've lived with.

I'm going to contend this, from my point of view of just being a good person, and for good reason.
1632228753609.png

Now I'm in no way religious, however these examples that Boronia67 has provided are not because 'back in my day' or 'that's how we grew up'. Not to me anyway. I don't know what his thoughts are on that.

It's not about just you and me it's about society as a whole - that's why western liberal democratic societies have been so successful, more than any other model.

All of those points are totally reasonable and are also based in practic i:e the overwhelming majority of society functions well because of them, in our liberal democratic one anyway. - that's my point of view. That's about as close as you're going to get to your harmonious society.

I will concede that there will be some that will use these 'examples' to hide behind for the purposes of their bias / hate BUT it's fair argument that those number in the very few.

And this is where the barney's start, immediately the fringe left will use these examples and believe it's all hatred and bias and throw out the phobe / sexist / racist card. - like I said there's a few but most folk just want to live in a peaceful help out the person next to you society.

Just to clarify my position, I'm not religious and certainly not right wing, and in no way am I left.

So here goes, to relate these examples that you've added the bolded on.

Let's use speaking English.

I cannot understand how this is unreasonable, we live in a country where the first language is that and would be advantageous to know it.

Immediately there'll be those that will label me racist, when it has zero to do with that, it's all about practic. It's a win win for the engaging parties because they understand what the other is saying. It's a no brainer.

Sure there are those a**holes who will use it because they are racist, but that is the minuscule minority.

I'm actually for a progressive society so long as it's practical, all of the examples you've added bolded to ARE practical for a functioning society. Complete and utter opposition to them for the noble sentiment of minority groups is not practical for anyone. There has to be compromise (progress), and largely our societies(s) have provided as much as practically possible to that compromise.

I'm going to contend this, from my point of view of just being a good person, and for good reason.
View attachment 1242602

Now I'm in no way religious, however these examples that Boronia67 has provided are not because 'back in my day' or 'that's how we grew up'. Not to me anyway. I don't know what his thoughts are on that.

It's not about just you and me it's about society as a whole - that's why western liberal democratic societies have been so successful, more than any other model.

All of those points are totally reasonable and are also based in practic i:e the overwhelming majority of society functions well because of them, in our liberal democratic one anyway. - that's my point of view. That's about as close as you're going to get to your harmonious society.

I will concede that there will be some that will use these 'examples' to hide behind for the purposes of their bias / hate BUT it's fair argument that those number in the very few.

And this is where the barney's start, immediately the fringe left will use these examples and believe it's all hatred and bias and throw out the phobe / sexist / racist card. - like I said there's a few but most folk just want to live in a peaceful help out the person next to you society.

Just to clarify my position, I'm not religious and certainly not right wing, and in no way am I left.

So here goes, to relate these examples that you've added the bolded on.

Let's use speaking English.

I cannot understand how this is unreasonable, we live in a country where the first language is that and would be advantageous to know it.

Immediately there'll be those that will label me racist, when it has zero to do with that, it's all about practic. It's a win win for the engaging parties because they understand what the other is saying. It's a no brainer.

Sure there are those a**holes who will use it because they are racist, but that is the minuscule minority.

I'm actually for a progressive society so long as it's practical, all of the examples you've added bolded to ARE practical for a functioning society. Complete and utter opposition to them for the noble sentiment of minority groups is not practical for anyone. There has to be compromise (progress), and largely our societies(s) have provided as much as practically possible to that compromise.
Good meme. My name jeff.

No doubt.
Your point?

The religious want the world to be the same......as them.

Some might but that is not what mainstream conservatives are after. The idea is to have people bound together with basic social norms instead of government regulations.

In a homogeneous society we wouldn't have these awful lockdowns in Melbourne and Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back