AFL Grand Final AFL 2021 GRAND FINAL - Demons v Dogs Sat September 25th 7:15pm EST / 5:15pm WST (Optus) Congratulations Demons! 🍾🏆 Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 16 4.4%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 16 4.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 132 36.4%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 108 29.8%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 50 13.8%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 33 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Umm no it's not! since when it being pushed forcefully over a free kick? haha you just embarrassed yourself. not even the most die hard biased dogs supporter would believe that that was a free.
What game are you following? you say i embarrassed myself 😂. So pushing somebody over after they get rid of the ball is not a free, nice work champ 🤣

I think that will be Melbourne’s tactics, lots of physical stuff of all kinds to try to disrupt our game style. Then there’ll be screaming and crying that we got more frees :D
Well if you flip and flop around at the first sign of physical contact then no doubt the moronic umpires will get sucked in.

Anyway back the the game and making some predictions.

I think the Round 11 and Round 19 games are of limited value as a form reference due as this game being at a neutral ground with different dimensions. The midfields and forward lines are pretty much even but the ruck and backline we have an advantage. We're probably stronger at the contest and they're more class on the outside.

In short if win the contest, deny them the outside time and space with pressure we should be too strong. And If Max Gawn plays anything like last week it won't matter what they do.

You're whinging before a game and you're ruining the thread.. and your team isn't even playing
Whinging? I'm merely pointing out that Weightman's diving needs to be cracked down upon and I used stats to prove my point.

Do you think people will forget about umpiring when that's the reason the Dogs made the prelim to begin with? Of course people will discuss umpiring because that's a contentious point. Umpiring isn't ever really a factor in Melbourne games so no one talks about it.

West Coast had the same discussions around their team for years so you'll have to put up with it.

Whinging? I'm merely pointing out that Weightman's diving needs to be cracked down upon and I used stats to prove my point.

Do you think people will forget about umpiring when that's the reason the Dogs made the prelim to begin with? Of course people will discuss umpiring because that's a contentious point. Umpiring isn't ever really a factor in Melbourne games so no one talks about it.

West Coast had the same discussions around their team for years so you'll have to put up with it.
Did you know that Jye Caldwell received 6 free kicks for and zero against in his 3 games this season whilst Rhylee West received zero free kicks and gave away 5 from 4 games! 😱😱😱

The moral: no one gives a *! Talk about the game or disappear bro

You’ve made your boring point multiple times. Now Foff

1. It clearly is an issue and has been for a long time. I don't remember any other grand final in recent history having any discussion about umpiring other than the 2016 grand final. Given the Brisbane SF a couple of weeks ago, umpiring is very relevant.
2. Again, most of the discussion surrounding Bulldogs and umpiring is around high free kicks and throwing. It's like questioning Selwood ducking for free kicks. It's obvious.
3. I agree it's an umpiring problem but it happens more often in Bulldogs games because of how Bulldogs play so yes, it's a Bulldogs issue.
4. Yes it does. The whole reason we bring it up is because he drops his head to draw the high free kick. We actually watch Bulldogs as neutrals without the rose-coloured glasses on.
5. I checked none of those players because I had enough players with a good spread of teams. But you conveniently seem to have left out the games played.

ANB - 30 FF in 24 games
Charlie Spargo 26 FF in 24 games
Brad Close 25 FF in 22 games
Murphy 22 FF in 15 games (which is almost just as high as Weightman's
Gulden 24 FF in 18 games (again another one that is quite high, but he played 3 more games)
Rioli 20 FF in 19 games (though he played in defence in the second half of the year)

Spargo, Close and Rioli are close to that 1 free per game average. So the only one that is comparable to Weightman is Murphy. Same number of games with 3 less FF.
We've gone through 18 small forwards and only one player is close to, but still less than Weightman.

Weightman drops his head to attract free kicks and the evidence backs that up. Is it his fault he gets the frees? Not necessarily. Should the umps pay it? Definitely not.
Don't want to continue derailing this thread but basically everything you've said is just your opinion, not factual, and it should be taken with a very, very, very small grain of salt. You want to talk about Umpiring, well there is a section on this site specifically for your crazy theories.

Eddie McGuire asking John Bertrand to analyse Adam Treloar's mental state and lord help us we've got another ten freakin days of this.

Stef looked every bit of a 34 year old ruck on his last legs last week, even with Port being awful. 13 hitouts (of 53 contests attended), 9 touches and 5 frees against. Biggest thing was he provided more of a contest than Sweet and Young but that’s not a high bar to clear.

Our rd23 ruck effort against Lycett to the prelim was chalk and cheese. We let him completely annihilate us when Young was rucking. Big O did the same thing in the semi.

All Martin needs to do is half a contest and it's a major upgrade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our rd23 ruck effort against Lycett to the prelim was chalk and cheese. We let him completely annihilate us when Young was rucking. Big O did the same thing in the semi.

Oh I’m not saying he’s not a major upgrade on Sweet and Young but Lycett and Ladhams are a very different proposition to Gawn and Jackson.

We won the ruck duel in the last quarter when English went to him.
I suspect that may be part of the plan - use Stef up early and in the last English will play more ruck. Going to be a bit tougher though as Gawn's tank is underrated and Luke Jackson is probably the best no 2 ruck in the comp right now.

We won the ruck duel in the last quarter when English went to him.
I suspect that may be part of the plan - use Stef up early and in the last English will play more ruck. Going to be a bit tougher though as Gawn's tank is underrated and Luke Jackson is probably the best no 2 ruck in the comp right now.

Oh yeah I've got no doubt we'll be well beaten through the ruck in terms of hitout numbers. It's more about being half competitive. There are games against us when ruckman have completely dictated terms. None of those have happened with Martin playing.

Luke Jackson is a fine young player but I must have missed the part where he became a top 5 ruck in the comp already.

Luke Jackson is a fine young player but I must have missed the part where he became a top 5 ruck in the comp already.
He's probably the best forward/second ruck in the competition right now.

A lot of factors to consider. How will the Bulldogs nullify Gawn and Jackson? How will the Dees contain the Bulldogs outside spread? How will May's hamstring hold up against an in form high flying Naughton? How will the Dogs contain Oliver and Petracca? How will the Dees contain Bontempelli and Macrae?

Both teams are in great form and deserve to be confident.

Keath's hamstring against the cross country running of TMac/Brown will be interesting too - no doubt they'll be running him up and down the field all day if he plays.

He's probably the best forward/second ruck in the competition right now.
Agree he is a real good utility, but comparing him to our own Tim English at the moment I'd say they are pretty close, Tim is a better ruck but Jackson probably a better forward due to his mobility, even though Tim is probably a better mark.

Keath's hamstring against the cross country running of TMac/Brown will be interesting too - no doubt they'll be running him up and down the field all day if he plays.
Yeah ..that won't happen to May derp

He was borderline to play against Port so he will be fine. Hope May has his running boots on, he's going to need them

Last edited:
Back