List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Balme say yest. Were not interested in Narkle when he was pushed? Also, Talia isn't one they are looking at very unlikely.
Said something like we don't discuss openly with you guys what we are doing but no he isn't one we're looking at. So seems 2 more you can chop.
Like the club said we are going all in the Draft and so we should.
Said or words to the affect that Talia was upon the very broad radar and when quizzed on Narkle he said he wasn’t aware of that .

When will the “move balta forward” sh*t stop?
There is absolutely zero chance we make that move unless we unearth at the very least 1 key position back but most likely need 2.
I can see us getting Talia, but even with him I would not be moving balta, it allows us to get back to the defensive setups we’ve enjoyed through our successful period, vlastuin will dominated being the spare
2 key back? Grimes, Broad and Talia or Miller is tall enough. Vlast good in the air. I would love to see Balta at CHF as he is such a force around the ball, good in the air and can kick it 70m. Why pigeon hole a player as a full back. I think our biggest problem this year was transitioning the ball from back to forward, most games we were about 5 goals at 3/4 time, sometimes less. Our forward movement of the ball was woeful. Having a CHF who is mobile would help fix that. I'd even like to see Miller trialled there, because it is the most important position on the ground and where we are weakest.

Balta kicking 600 doesn’t mean much if our backline leaks 100-points a game because we have no quality key backs over 192cm.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
How about backing the youth, all the other sides in the league have done it. Andrews was AA at 22. Allir Allir went from nothing to AA in 2 years. Darcy Moore has been a gun for a few years now and is only 25. Henry from Geelong was pic 28 in the rookie draft and looks like being a very good player.

We are so reticent about playing our young player in key roles. CCJ for one should have been played more this season. We should have had a good look at Miller about 6 weeks earlier than we did, then we would know a bit more than we do.

VETERAN EX-CROW IN TALKS WITH TIGERS
DELISTED Adelaide defender Daniel Talia has met with Richmond as he plots his next move after being cut from the Crows.

The 29-year-old remains confident he has several seasons left in his body at the top level despite not playing a game this season due to multiple knee setbacks.

Talia presents as a readymade option for the Tigers and would slot in to replace David Astbury as a key pillar in defence.

Astbury was offered a one-year deal to stay at the club but opted to call time on his career, while fringe tall defenders Ryan Garthwaite, Bigoa Nyuon and Ben Miller remain uncontracted for 2022.

It leaves Dylan Grimes and Noah Balta, plus Nathan Broad who can play taller, as Damien Hardwick's remaining key options locked in defence.

VETERAN EX-CROW IN TALKS WITH TIGERS
DELISTED Adelaide defender Daniel Talia has met with Richmond as he plots his next move after being cut from the Crows.

The 29-year-old remains confident he has several seasons left in his body at the top level despite not playing a game this season due to multiple knee setbacks.

Talia presents as a readymade option for the Tigers and would slot in to replace David Astbury as a key pillar in defence.

Astbury was offered a one-year deal to stay at the club but opted to call time on his career, while fringe tall defenders Ryan Garthwaite, Bigoa Nyuon and Ben Miller remain uncontracted for 2022.

It leaves Dylan Grimes and Noah Balta, plus Nathan Broad who can play taller, as Damien Hardwick's remaining key options locked in defence.
Clubs will sign Miller , Garthwaite and Biggy and we’ll be left with a bare cupboard of developing KPD’s as well .

Or it had something to do with Lynch and Riewoldt and our small forward line and Rance leaving.
How can you tell if someone is a forward when they've played almost no football there.
Just as an FYI I'm his player sponsor.

Article states all 3 are uncontracted .
Our list management / contract negotiations have gone to sh*t since Dan Richardson left .
Yes but doesn't mean they won't be re-signed. Happens each year that decisions are made on the final few uncontracted players after trade period

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Article states all 3 are uncontracted .
Our list management / contract negotiations have gone to sh*t since Dan Richardson left .
Think the club would of just been waiting to see what happens with Chol and CCJ first before making a call on the 3 mentioned

With both Chol and CJ gone, and Astbury retirement, I'd definitely have a look at Sam Skinner with a rookie spot. Talented kid who can play forward or back if injuries hit. Potentially even better than that, if his knees hold together.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Had a dream, Narkle signed for Adelaide.
We signed Talia, get pick 20 from north for CJ.
Traded out picks for a player, who knows.
And traded into next years draft.
Then next year we brought him home. Who you ask?
Ben King

With both Chol and CJ gone, and Astbury retirement, I'd definitely have a look at Sam Skinner with a rookie spot. Talented kid who can play forward or back if injuries hit. Potentially even better than that, if his knees hold together.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk
Is that the same Skinner that missed a goal from the goal square against us last year?

Had a dream, Narkle signed for Adelaide.
We signed Talia, get pick 20 from north for CJ.
Traded out picks for a player, who knows.
And traded into next years draft.
Then next year we brought him home. Who you ask?
Ben King
I had a dream about a kilo of white powder
6 bottles of 3rd generation heradura tequila
And the Dallas cowboy cheerleaders

2 key back? Grimes, Broad and Talia or Miller is tall enough. Vlast good in the air. I would love to see Balta at CHF as he is such a force around the ball, good in the air and can kick it 70m. Why pigeon hole a player as a full back. I think our biggest problem this year was transitioning the ball from back to forward, most games we were about 5 goals at 3/4 time, sometimes less. Our forward movement of the ball was woeful. Having a CHF who is mobile would help fix that. I'd even like to see Miller trialled there, because it is the most important position on the ground and where we are weakest.
I don’t disagree that he’d be a weapon up forward.
But we can’t risk moving him out of the backline right now.
We currently have no one who can match up on the big gorilla types.
Talia hasn’t joined the club yet and if he does hasn’t played football in basically a whole year, Ben Miller has played 1 game.
Way to risky imo

I don’t disagree that he’d be a weapon up forward.
But we can’t risk moving him out of the backline right now.
We currently have no one who can match up on the big gorilla types.
Talia hasn’t joined the club yet and if he does hasn’t played football in basically a whole year, Ben Miller has played 1 game.
Way to risky imo
Agree in part. Or they could back Miller and or get Talia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back