List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, we weren’t nearly bad enough until the last four years - it would have taken a tank beyond anything Melbourne or Carlton ever pulled to come last - and there was also no point debasing ourselves during the years top picks were being fired out of a confetti gun at Gold Coast and GWS.

Coming bottom this year after shedding and trading players at the end of 2020 is more like Hawks did when Clarkson arrived - things are pretty bad, the opportunity benefits from taking one more small step back are potentially massive, so let’s do it.

Always a bit creepy reading something and it feels like your own thoughts.

H2H just Fight Club'd me.

Can you please post the full article for us lowly plebeians?
would Stengle qualify as a delisted free agent and thus be available outside the draft? Not sure if they go back to the lower level for a time
good question I’d assume he’d have to go through the draft, could he just go in the psd?

I'd bid on daicos but i wouldn't on Darcy. Collingwood are a shoe in to match daicos and he has form. Darcy played 2 good games and went from around ~20 right up to top 3. Dogs will def match but not as clear cut imo.
l agree l dont want to get stuck with Darcy when we want Horne-Francis...Bulldogs may let him go....

Do you guys think Adelaide deserve a PP?

In last 4 years we've both come 18th and 12th.
We've come 17th to their 15th and 9th to their 11th.
They played in a GF 4 years ago

But what if it's true ...

Very well may be. If Coleman-Jones to North is an "enormous coup" then I'm not sure what level of hyperbole was needed for Buddy going to the Swans, or if Dusty had come to us. On the "coup-enormity-index" (The CEI), the Coleman-Jones is only at "good-get" and no more.

My earlier comment is more in relation to Barrett and is bizarrely consistent stance when given a choice of glass half-full or half-empty in relation to North, his answer is "What glass?"

Na 5 years ago. So how long is the cut off?
I thought 4 years.
Injuries also play a part. ie if you have a lot of injuries you dont get a PP as you are better than you showed.
The AFL has a secret formula they wont release to the clubs.
They keep the formula secret as an anti tanking measure.
I doubt we get one as injuries are involved.
We may however get an extended rookie list like the GC got.
thats very gettable.
As it doesn't really effect other clubs like a top pick would.

Lot of Richmond types, right up to Caro herself, say CCJ "owes" them re kebabgate.

I wonder if CCJ wasn't pissed off that he and Stacky got the full nine yards, when The KardashiCotchins broke quarantine and the club moved heaven and Earth to keep then sweet, despite huge dramatics from Brent and Trooke.

If I were CCJ I'd be wondering if there's double standards at play and why I should stick around and hamper my own professional development in the 2s (which may not even play).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lot of Richmond types, right up to Caro herself, say CCJ "owes" them re kebabgate.

I wonder if CCJ wasn't pissed off that he and Stacky got the full nine yards, when The KardashiCotchins broke quarantine and the club moved heaven and Earth to keep then sweet, despite huge dramatics from Brent and Trooke.

If I were CCJ I'd be wondering if there's double standards at play and why I should stick around and hamper my own professional development in the 2s (which may not even play).
Id be pissed off too if I had a good run of games and then shafted when other players come back from injury.
Probably realised that he wont be getting a game unless richmonds forward line flops.
Would still be relegated to VFL next year with reiwoldt and lynch back.
Not worth him staying there unless he's hoping to just collect a paycheck.

I thought 4 years.
Injuries also play a part. ie if you have a lot of injuries you dont get a PP as you are better than you showed.
The AFL has a secret formula they wont release to the clubs.
They keep the formula secret as an anti tanking measure.
I doubt we get one as injuries are involved.
We may however get an extended rookie list like the GC got.
thats very gettable.
As it doesn't really effect other clubs like a top pick would.
I will be rioting from home if the GC get an extra pick before our second after we finished below them for the last two years. :thumbsu:

This millennium would be a good starting point
the AFLs secret formula puts great weighting on "recent years" but no one knows how recent is recent. My point is, Crows have been just as bad as us for the last 4 years so if you think we deserve a priority pick then do you think the Crows do as well? Who's injury list has been worse? When the AFL takes injuries into account they may say, hey when fully fit Crows list is worse than yours so we'll give them a priority instead! Be careful what you wish for.

the AFLs secret formula puts great weighting on "recent years" but no one knows how recent is recent. My point is, Crows have been just as bad as us for the last 4 years so if you think we deserve a priority pick then do you think the Crows do as well? Who's injury list has been worse? When the AFL takes injuries into account they may say, hey when fully fit Crows list is worse than yours so we'll give them a priority instead! Be careful what you wish for.
They just beat us by 44 poinrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back