The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked to tire quickly, doesnt always seem to have the tank to close down and keep our press really tight. Did make a really nice pass for Salah to score the equaliser which was important but he did nothing to suggest he can ever break into the side.

He will always have his place in Liverpool folklore though.

With Nat Phillips in today's squad and Neco Williams not, I think the next two match day squads look like this:

CP - Alisson - TAA - Matip - VVD - Robbo - Fab - Hendo - Thiago - Salah - Jota - Mane
NC - Kelleher - Gomez - Phillips - Konate - Tsimikas - Milner - Keita - Jones - Ox - Minamino - Origi

I think this will be most people. Quick search this morning and I was up on some Russian thing. I begrudgingly went over to Optus to begin with but aren't signing up for Stan plus extra for one comp. It's stupid.

It is a complete joke that they charge $10 for a full subscription, and expect you to pay $10 more for one football comp. Piss off

With Nat Phillips in today's squad and Neco Williams not, I think the next two match day squads look like this:

CP - Alisson - TAA - Matip - VVD - Robbo - Fab - Hendo - Thiago - Salah - Jota - Mane
NC - Kelleher - Gomez - Phillips - Konate - Tsimikas - Milner - Keita - Jones - Ox - Minamino - Origi
I wonder if in the league cup game, Klopp will stack the bench, or go with Gordon, Morton, Beck, Bradley, Koumetio etc

Happy to have someone confirm, but one of the "problems" with optus is you can only have one person using the account watching at any one time. I don't think this is the case with Stan Sport.

Liverpool - four comps - four channels - three streaming services.

It is a complete joke that they charge $10 for a full subscription, and expect you to pay $10 more for one football comp. Piss off
Yeah it feels like a bit of an outlier these days. Bit of the old Foxtel model about it, use the sport part of a larger package to hold sports fans hostage. None of Foxtel, Optus or Paramount are making you get the entertainment stuff before the sport. Bit of a rort.

Finally managed to watch it, Jesus Christ, shades of Gerrard Olympiakos from Hendo

1. AC Milan ain't anywhere near us apart from our defense collapsing for 2 minutes, if Virgil's there we don't concede those

2. We gotta get out of this bad habit of not killing teams when we're 1-0 up, we just miss millions of chances

3. Every day Mo doesn't sign a new contract I get more nervous, what a player

Happy to have someone confirm, but one of the "problems" with optus is you can only have one person using the account watching at any one time. I don't think this is the case with Stan Sport.

You can account share on Stan. On Optus only one live stream allowed per account across 4 devices I believe. Multiple streams allowed for on demand content.

Finally managed to watch it, Jesus Christ, shades of Gerrard Olympiakos from Hendo

1. AC Milan ain't anywhere near us apart from our defense collapsing for 2 minutes, if Virgil's there we don't concede those

2. We gotta get out of this bad habit of not killing teams when we're 1-0 up, we just miss millions of chances

3. Every day Mo doesn't sign a new contract I get more nervous, what a player

Yep but we were very wasteful again in the first half and it nearly cost us. Hopefully that gets ironed out as the season progresses.

ive used optus at the same time as another i swear it was ok

ive used optus at the same time as another i swear it was ok

In my experience which to be fair was a few years ago now, Optus seemed to allow multiple people viewing at the same time if one was on the app and one was on the website. When we were both on the site or app, one of us would get kicked off. But doing one and one seemed to work back then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Form wise there's a clear gulf between Matip and Gomez right now, eager to see what Konate can do in the league cup

I think that can be expected with Gomez not having played since November. He'll play against Palace & Norwich which will help him get back to his previous level.

That win was absolutely crucial considering Porto and Atletico was a draw. It gives us a bit of an out if we fu** up one of our games against Atletico which I can see happening.

It's a tough group, but we had an advantage with our first two games. Win at home v AC Milan and away v Porto, and we have a huge head start on the other teams.

If AC Milan hosting Athletico on Matchday 2 is a draw and we win, the table will look like this:

LFC 6
Athleti 2
AC Milan 1
Porto 1

Then even if we go a loss and a draw against Athleti, the table after four games could look like this (worst case scenario)

LFC 7
AC Milan 7
Athletic 5
Porto 1

With Porto at home still to come. Win that game and the table will be one of these:

LFC 10
AC Milan 10
Athleti 5
Porto 1

or

LFC 10
Athleti 8
AC Milan 7
Porto 1
With one game at AC Milan left. Either already qualified or need to hold AC Milan to a draw to qualify.

TL; DR - we beat Porto in two weeks we're in the box seat.

Just had a look at the December fixture list, Jesus Christ that's hell, is it 3 days per week every week for the entire month?

Arsenal (Full strength)
4 day break then Porto (Rotate)
3 day break then Soton (Rotate some more)
3 day break then Everton (Full strength)
4 day break then Wolves (Full strength)
3 day break then AC Milan (Hopefully in the position to field a full reserves side)
4 day break then Villa (Full strength)
4 day break then Newcastle (Rotate)
3 day break then Spurs (Full strength)

Arsenal (Full strength)
4 day break then Porto (Rotate)
3 day break then Soton (Rotate some more)
3 day break then Everton (Full strength)
4 day break then Wolves (Full strength)
3 day break then AC Milan (Hopefully in the position to field a full reserves side)
4 day break then Villa (Full strength)
4 day break then Newcastle (Rotate)
3 day break then Spurs (Full strength)

If we get into League cup semis we'd have more games there

Let's hope Norwich beats us next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back