Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not many of the moves they make seem to make any sense.

Bringing in Ryder after they had signed Matthew Lobbe on a five year deal
Bringing in an inside mid (Rockliff) when they already had Wines.
Bringing in Fantasia when they already had Rozee.

They just bring guys in solely on their name and not need.

It's almost like they need to have a shiny new toy to sell the supporters each year in order to keep the membership sales up.
Have to begrudgingly admit that Fantasia and alir alir have been great pickups . I wish we were more creative in getting these types of deals done

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Have to begrudgingly admit that Fantasia and alir alir have been great pickups . I wish we were more creative in getting these types of deals done

I'd argue that bringing in Fantasia has stifled Rozee.

If you look at most of Rozee's better games this year where he's hitting the scoreboard, they seem to be when Fantasia isn't playing.

Unless they intend to move Rozee to another position I don't see how both he and Fantasia can have the same level of output when they're both playing in the same side.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I'd argue that bringing in Fantasia has stifled Rozee.

If you look at most of Rozee's better games this year where he's hitting the scoreboard, they seem to be when Fantasia isn't playing.

Unless they intend to move Rozee to another position I don't see how both he and Fantasia can have the same level of output when they're both playing in the same side.
There maybe an argument for this thought, if Rozee hadn't been equally as quiet last year ....when Fantasia wasn't at the club

The media has labelled Rozee a star .....how so, because he's hardly done anything to warrant that tag

Rozee is a low possession / impact player at this stage of his career .....his body is fragile, and I have doubts he'll ever have a much bigger frame than what he has now

Question is ...will Rozee be a permanent HFF or will he ever be able to play as a midfielder ???

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Aliir no doubt.

Fantasia has been exactly as expected. Great when the team is downhill skiing, invisible when it's tough and injured in between. Nothing great there.

StickerMan

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Norwood,
ess, or Port will make the decision for him
There maybe an argument for this thought, if Rozee hadn't been equally as quiet last year ....when Fantasia wasn't at the club

The media has labelled Rozee a star .....how so, because he's hardly done anything to warrant that tag

Rozee is a low possession / impact player at this stage of his career .....his body is fragile, and I have doubts he'll ever have a much bigger frame than what he has now

Question is ...will Rozee be a permanent HFF or will he ever be able to play as a midfielder ???

Rozee has some way to go to match the hype.

His game on Saturday night was that of a soft, lazy campainger who thought he was entitled to be the star. Pulling out of contests and trying to be flashy just doesn't cut it in prelim finals.

In danger of becoming irrelevant if he can't take the next step.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Fantasia has been exactly as expected. Great when the team is downhill skiing, invisible when it's tough and injured in between. Nothing great there.
Agree ....Fantasia has been exactly as he's always played at ESS .....there is a place for those player types in a side, but not many

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
His game on Saturday night was that of a soft, lazy campainger who thought he was entitled to be the star. Pulling out of contests and trying to be flashy just doesn't cut it in prelim finals.
Yep, been my view on quite a few of his games over the last two years .....looks like he's bought into the media hype

Talent undeniable ...it's the mental side & commitment i'v been questioning for a while now

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America

Work rate......

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Yep, been my view on quite a few of his games over the last two years .....looks like he's bought into the media hype

Talent undeniable ...it's the mental side & commitment i'v been questioning for a while now

When you have the likes of Kane and Dwayne labeling you as a superstar of the competition before you've earned the accolade, you can understand why some Port players hit a glass ceiling and don't take the next step.

UcantCme

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
When you have the likes of Kane and Dwayne labeling you as a superstar of the competition before you've earned the accolade, you can understand why some Port players hit a glass ceiling and don't take the next step.
Rember Kane said SPP woukd be the next Dusty Martin

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Rozee has some way to go to match the hype.

In danger of becoming irrelevant if he can't take the next step.
I didn’t see the game after the first quarter. Was Rozee really that bad?

Second most contested possessions for Port, went at 86 percent efficiency. Those numbers would normally mean a reasonable game for a half forward.

F5381B3C-D86D-4115-A07F-4CC1A45B5251.png

StickerMan

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Norwood,

Second most contested possessions for Port, went at 86 percent efficiency. Those numbers would normally mean a reasonable game for a half forward.

View attachment 1237329

There were a number of Port players that when I looked at the stats after the game where I was surprised at their supposed ''impact"

Butters was one where I was surprised he had the ball as much as he did as he was largely unnoticed on the coverage (at least from my perspective).

Re Rozee, a few times stuck out like a sore thumb where he thought he would cruise through the contest and do it easy but was shown up. Another time tried to be too cute with ball in hand. From the 'eye test' watching the game, his stat line flatters him somewhat.

DaKids

All Australian
May 18, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide

View attachment 1237329
Did a bit after the game was gone. The problem was when the game was alive and quickly switching to life support.

BUT I have been told I’m embarrassing myself with these observations so I won’t expand ha ha

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights

To be fair, I reckon a fair few of Port’s guys have done that. Hell, even Butters is being criticised by fans for trying to pull off more than he can chew

Re: Rozee - I suspect Port will try to move him into the midfield sooner rather than later, along with Butters - considering their play styles and work-rate, I reckon Butters will be more equipped for that kind of move. I still think Rozee can be a really dangerous player in his own right, but his role going forward is a little more unclear

UcantCme

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
The whispers are all over the media for a start. The journos seem to think he’s Port bound.

Ots not all over the media it's one jurno who thinks he is Port bound.

This jurno is the same person that said Balme to Crows and Cerra to Carlton were done deals

This jurno employer has run with Port in front, no other media outlet has ran with a preferred club story

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
We don’t seriously believe they hadn’t had discussions with Fantasia before then though do we ?
He almost went there the year before if you recall.
Davies manages the media to help Ports image as the destination team in SA. Track record also shows he is correct

I think Dawson signature is very important for us. Excluding Betts and Gibbs I can’t recall us recruiting a locked in top 10 player for their club for aeons. It doesn’t happen. We do well with Moneyball trades - Lynch Jacobs Jenkins Keays - but players that are expected to walk in and be in the best players most weeks doesn’t happen.

Probably because we are tight and don’t “overpay”. Interestingly the two players we did get we overpaid for (people claimed)

Given attracting class will be key to a short rebuild Dawson is the first line in the sand

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Darren Jarman was the last recruit I can think of that was quality.
And Betts. Forgot about him.

GetInMyVanBerlo

All Australian
Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

Ots not all over the media it's one jurno who thinks he is Port bound.

This jurno is the same person that said Balme to Crows and Cerra to Carlton were done deals

This jurno employer has run with Port in front, no other media outlet has ran with a preferred club story

Edmund also ran with Chol to the Bombers and look how that turned out, Edmund has no idea

Kezza86

Club Legend
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

View attachment 1237329
Nope. He’s playing with a bad groin and is unable to kick around corner hence the kick out handball.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

View attachment 1237329
Most of the times I noticed Rozee, he got the ball in the forward 50 (Contested Possession), danced and dodged around and handpassed it back to a player outside 50 (efficient disposal) who had to start the attack again. He was doing a better job of rebound 50's than the Bulldogs defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back