G Mus

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus
Could only get 1 with a barcode earlier in the week, struck out today and everyone I know also did, flying solo I guess

trentjac

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Queue gets randomly shuffled at 10am, joining the queue at 9:30 and 9:50 has the same effect

Also for some reason and this isn't confirmed but it always seems to be the case (with many others backing this), mobile apps seem to be the preference when the shuffle happens?
Appears that way. We had 3 families in the queue ( I was the last to join at about 950 ) and I was the one that ended up with tickets.
Went best available which netted 522 R16.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Appears that way. We had 3 families in the queue ( I was the last to join at about 950 ) and I was the one that ended up with tickets.
Went best available which netted 522 R16.
You take what you can get, lucky there isn't a bad seat in the house at Optus

I paid $150 per barcode for doggies members on the Tuesday (after the Dees sellout the writing was on the wall for GA) so snagged block 144, stoked at that

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Oh lord. You just know in 20 years time they’ll have a petition for a Nic Naituani Road/Bridge/Highway.
Can see it now
There’ll be a statue outside Optus within a year of his retirement. Hopefully in the flight path of the water birds heading towards the river.

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I think there are other positions available too, not just bar staff.

DBB2D217-B042-4110-8452-41E6EBCF5652.jpeg

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I was after 1 and missed out.

Such is life.
It's kinda bizarre how disappointed I am about missing now because I actually had very little if any interest in going when it was first announced that we got it. Then when the Dogs game was coming up I kinda thought, hey you know I like them more than any other non-Freo team and Melbourne are also bloody good to watch.. man this could be a ripping game if they get through.. only a 3 hour drive from home is never going to happen again and then really came around to the idea.

In hindsight I should have at least left no stone un-turned.. try for barcodes hard by whatever means necessary.. failing that have like every tablet, phone and computer I have trying yesterday instead of just 2. Even draft in all my nieces and nephews that hate footy in to have a with a $100+ prize on offer if anyone gets one.

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I'd just say hey I need to go to the toilet after 15 minutes and then they would never see me again.
My daughter’s bf’s family operates a private food kiosk/stand inside the stadium. He’s getting a staff card next week so that he can ‘work’. I said - bummer you’ll be working. He laughed and said - no, no, I won’t be working...
Way to get a freebie to the big one!

Purplrrr

All Australian
Jun 15, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
I made sure I went to all the finals here, but it would have been amazing to go to the gf. I barely know anyone who even watches footy in perth, let alone know people with barcodes! So missing out. Which is a shame, but it’s made me suddenly p*ssed about it always being at the mcg. ive always just shrugged and accepted. Rolled my eyes, but moved on. Now I really feel it. Such bollocks. 😡

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I swear I've never ever actually met a supporter of either of these clubs in person socially or at work over in WA and when I was younger played at footy clubs with 40+ blokes that tend to not go for the 2 teams in town..

FMD can you imagine what the scramble would have been like if it was say Hawthorn v Essendon playing?

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Just finished scoffing down a doughnut out Midvale way, and I'm not sure if already posted in this thread, but these packages still appear to be available:

With the Toyota AFL Grand Final confirmed for Optus Stadium we are excited to announce the 2021 Grand Final Lunch, presented by North Melbourne Football Club.

Secure your ticket to the Toyota AFL Grand Final including access to the pre-game lunch where guests will be treated to a gourmet three course meal, Colonial Brewing beverages, live entertainment, guest speakers and expert analysis from the biggest names in the game.

The all-star line up of talent includes the Premiership Cup ambassador and local hero Glen Jakovich and premiership winning Eagles in Adam Simpson and Dom Sheed to discuss that amazing moment. Guests will get a different lense on Grand Final day from current players Stephen Coniglio, Mitch Duncan and Michael Walters. One of Australia's favourite comedians Pete Rowsthorn will set the tone for the day with his whip smart humour. Importantly, Fox Footy's Matthew Pavlich and Bernie Vince, SEN's Paul Hasleby and AFLW trailblazer Michelle Cowan will provide the in-depth analysis of the game.

With minimal Grand Final Packages remaining don't miss your chance to be part of history.

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
What a great week it’s been for WA & Perf & hopefully the game will deliver the goods.

Surely with Gil & other executives being here for the last couple of weeks they must see the merit of promoting the game in all states with a rotation of the GF amongst the footy states.

The excitement the event has bought to the state must bring new fans to the game & that has to be good for growing the product. By locking in a rotation of GF’s over 10 years it gives each state something to look forward to & allows other states the opportunity to attend an affordable GF, instead of having to fork out each year to go to Victoria.

It just brings a new dynamic to every season & hopefully something that will seriously be considered, but unfortunately won’t with AFL’s contract with the MCG.
Thats are real pity.

oldgoat

All Australian
May 22, 2017
fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bulldogs by 40+ Smith for the norm Smith

First goal Petracca before disappearing
The Bont to light up the night sky
and
Caleb Daniel to nutmeg Gawny

Go GO Footscray!

This should be fun and me and my grandaughter in the lucky 30000 westies.

Bye the bye, how are the gate proceeds distributed tonite? Who are the covid winners?

Mar 25, 2021
Omnipresent
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears, Perth Scorchers
What does everyone think of the 5:15pm start time? I know the unusual circumstances but still.

Just feels a bit weird to me, I'm so used to the 12:30pm start (WA time).

I think there are going to be a lot of people around Australia who will be completely blotto before the game even starts.

What does everyone think of the 5:15pm start time? I know the unusual circumstances but still.

Just feels a bit weird to me, I'm so used to the 12:30pm start (WA time).

I think there are going to be a lot of people around Australia who will be completely blotto before the game even starts.
I’d imagine there will be more than a couple of Dogs and Dee’s fans who pass out before the game gets to half time

Back