Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 7: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
I wonder if a protest had a left wing agenda to it, whether or not it would elicit such a response from the cops and the government?

There's plenty of lefties among these protestors.

Some of the biggest anti-vaxxers are those hippy types that don't believe in putting anything in their body unless it's natural.

Majority of anarchists are left leaning and anarchists are certainly involved in these protests.

Definitely a mixed bag among this lot. Don't think it's a left/right thing.

You either know the answer and are playing dumb or you are dumb.
Either way stupid people are dangerous and the rest of us don't want to be around the blatantly idiotic ones
Damn, you got me. I got found out, yep I am dumb. Thanks for exposing me.

I love the instant reversion to name calling happening in this echo chamber whenever anyone dares question or challenge the mainstream.

You mean this annual flu vaccine from Novavax?

Being in clinical trials does not mean they currently produce the annual flu vaccine.

There is a reason that when they are reported on the fact they haven't currently brought a product to market is mentioned. They are a newer player and a bit of an unknown in this space because of it

So like maybe check out the website of the company not just your favourite YouTube researcher
Thanks for this groundbreaking information about a new company using 40 year old vaccine technology. It has now given me justification not to take any vaccine. Thanks for clarifying my choice for me. It's great to get advice from a smart and trustworthy person.

Sunday will be one giant cluster * of confusing and over the top set of rules and regulations that will be promoted as following the national plan but pretty much based on Suttons zero covid/driving down the numbers OCD. The roadmap will be a bureaucrat’s wet dream. Thrown in will be plenty of stern threats of ‘overwhelming the hospital system’ and children getting sick/dying….which is basically the government’s justification for these never ending lockdowns. It will be another Andrews masterclass.

Sunday will be one giant cluster fu** of confusing and over the top set of rules and regulations that will be promoted as following the national plan but pretty much based on Suttons zero covid/driving down the numbers OCD. The roadmap will be a bureaucrat’s wet dream. Thrown in will be plenty of stern threats of ‘overwhelming the hospital system’ and children getting sick/dying….which is basically the government’s justification for these never ending lockdowns. It will be another Andrews masterclass.

so more stick, very little carrot as usual, you expect?

Ch 7, 9, 10, ABC had the same footage.

Besides what does it matter which network filmed it, it happened. A lot of the people that get involved in these organized events have little understanding of what the protest is about and just go along to it as an excuse to lash out at police, regardless of whether it is a right or left issue.

Hate to break it to you but people that hold leftist views aren't all angels you know. There are lot of ignorant lazy dipshits on both sides of the political spectrum who treat politics as a if were a footy team and just along to these events because their LFWNJ/RWNJ mates say it's the right thing to do. They are more or less pressured into it (i.e. peer pressure) because they want belong and not because they deeply care about the issue of the protest in question.
So you remember some footage of what people being angry at cops during a deaths in custody March and you're comparing to the violence we saw with cops pepper spraying people trying to go home?
Or to the cops using horses to break up the crowds recently or the pepper spray and pellets fired into the crowds in Melbourne last protest?
Yeah you can get violent protesters at left rallies and yeah people who treat politics like footy are the worst

Just look at the drips on twitter

There's plenty of lefties among these protestors.

Some of the biggest anti-vaxxers are those hippy types that don't believe in putting anything in their body unless it's natural.

Majority of anarchists are left leaning and anarchists are certainly involved in these protests.

Definitely a mixed bag among this lot. Don't think it's a left/right thing.
I mean your run of the mill Nazis that were big organisers of the crowds for the freedom rallies aren't a mixed bag.
It's pretty well know that wellness grifters conspiracy grifters have worked out they can gain a lot from being parts of these things and they are happy to let the alt right and nazi's recruit among their followers because they all widen each other's reach.

That's the issue the people profiting off this at the expense of the gullible who are usually angry/scared because our governments are * ups

Thanks for this groundbreaking information about a new company using 40 year old vaccine technology. It has now given me justification not to take any vaccine. Thanks for clarifying my choice for me. It's great to get advice from a smart and trustworthy person.
Nice doubling down on being wrong
So now that we've cleared that up where does your 0.7% reduction come from?

Repetition.

Simplicity.

Alliteration, or ryhthym or rhyme.

All these things have long been known to get in people's heads, and change their opinion, even if consciously they know it's a meaningless slogan

So if you start regularly hearing a simple, catchy, repetitive rythmic sounding sound bite, a little viral ear worm, a political campaign is in play.

Dictator Dan. Dictator Dan. Dictator Dan. Dictator Dan. Dictator Dan. Dictator Dan. Dictator Dan. Dictator Dan. Dictator Dan. Dictator Dan. Dictator Dan. Dictator Dan.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

You've got to be joking. Change people's opinion? People that refer to Dan Andrews as dictator Dan probably didn't like him pre pandemic. It's laughable if you think some stupid catchphrase has turned people against Dan Andrews. Do you even live in Victoria? It's been pretty miserable for the past 18 months.

No. There are now so many vaccinated people in those countries that more vaxxed people than unvaxxed are passing it on, but a single unvaxxed person is still more likely than a vaccinated person to transmit the disease. And they are more likely to produce high viral loads, ensuring the people they give it to get a nice big juicy dose.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nice doubling down on being wrong
So now that we've cleared that up where does your 0.7% reduction come from?
I've already posted it twice in this thread. Search for absolute risk reduction by Dr Ronald Brown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really interesting piece on the UK stats and “double jabbed getting Covid at a higher rate than unvaccinated”.

New data appears to show that double vaxxed people between 40 and 79 are getting Covid at higher rates than people who are unvaccinated, but that's not the case. It's all down to how Public Health England estimates the size of different populations.

Nah. You reckon? Which groups?

There's two messages at these protests.

Some are anti-vax, others are anti-lockdowns.

Mr Fuller described the organisers as "anarchists" who, unlike Black Lives Matter protesters who took to the streets in June last year, did not formally register their rally.
"There are no organisers that we can take to the Supreme Court to stop the protests happening which means they're a bunch of anarchists," he said.

More a collection of individuals than a standing organised group.

Yeah those publicly available websites and social media groups that you can join and all that content posted on insta makes it real hard to identify who is behind it.
Like real low profile people....

Well the Police are in this instance.
And yet they found a bunch of them to fine and charge and funnily enough they were generally racist RW personalities who were growing their brand at the event.
The go fund me pages pop up quick to almost like it's part of the grift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back