Status
Not open for further replies.

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Do you think we won't offer him another year or two?

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Potentially. Going to be very competitive to hold down a spot on the wing with Mcdonald, Dumont, Polec, Stephenson, Thomas, Lazzaro, Scott all capable of going through there.

I think potentially he is reading the tea leaves of where he will sit in that pecking order shortly.

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dumont is a plodding winger in the 18th placed team.His main attribute is that he defends hard, has reasonable skills and is a good clubman.

I can’t see why PA or the Crows would want him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tend to agree. I think he gets an opportunity elsewhere however its tough to find a strong landing point now.

Fremantle may provide him with some opportunity.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Who we might pick and our bid for a priority pick are, or at least should be, intrinsinsictly linked. We need it publically known that we view Daicos to be the best player in the draft and that we intend to pick him.

Our conversations with the AFL should then go like this:
  • We are sh*t
  • You gave the GC PPs and they've finished above us for the last two years.
  • We've held firm and never tanked, and this year we finished stone motherless last
  • Last place should entitle us to the best talent in land.
  • We rate Daicos as the best talent in the land but we can't access him - "What kind of shop are you clowns running here that prevents the worst performing club from getting the best talent in the land?"
  • You say that you stand for for an equalised system that balances out the advantages afforded to some clubs (big games, stadiums, acadamies etc).
  • You must apply that principle of equalisation if you are to be a credible and fair competition.
  • We'll take Pick 2 thanks.
We need to do this with a steely glare. Make them step up and do the right thing - don't let these pricks off the hook.
This is exactly how we should be playing it. Why would we request pick 19 or 20…….We 100% should be asking for the first 2 picks. Sick of us just accepting this garbage. We need top end talent to build our club and supporter base. Look what’s happened to the GoDees and Braves with top end talent. Why not us?

CarnTheKANGAS

Team Captain
Aug 30, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
lol there is an old saying…

If you want a dog, ask for a pony.

This is exactly how we should be playing it. Why would we request pick 19 or 20…….We 100% should be asking for the first 2 picks. Sick of us just accepting this garbage. We need top end talent to build our club and supporter base. Look what’s happened to the GoDees and Braves with top end talent. Why not us?

Im not sure you can split daicos and Horne to be completely fair

Let me be very clear. All I want is the best footballer in the Draft. If Horne is that in the eyes of our recruiters, then he should and will be the first pick.

Again, all I want is the best footballer in the Draft.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
lol there is an old saying…

If you want a dog, ask for a pony.
Boom! Swing for the fences. It’s exactly how we’d be playing it. We are so conditioned as supporters to just accepting what happens to us and we shouldn’t. We get s**t time slots. No games at the G. Bugger all Friday nights. These steps could put in place our way back to all that we deserve. Every other club with our win loss record has received PP’s straight after their first. I don’t get why everyone doesn’t think we should be getting this. The two sides playing this weekend both received 1st round PP’s. Or is that not correct? Pretty sure that’s how Melbourne got 1 and 2 when they chose Scully and Trengove and the Braves got Stringer and Macrae back to back as well. Or was the Braves a different deal?

Roo Beauty

Norm Smith Medallist
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For a club that’s won 3 of the last 4 flags they’re treating this like ******* Armageddon on the Tigers board. The absolute carry on over a 9 game backup leaving their club in order to actually play senior footy is genuinely psychotic.

Psicosis you’re a braver man than I, right there in the trenches.

I hope no one on bigfooty has access to CCJ’s home address because 90% of the Richmond board are ready to burn his house down and lynch the kid.

I am glad he isn't as salty as some on the Richmond forum. To be fair, some of the older Tigers are really reasonable about the whole scenario, it is the ones that came down in the last shower who will vanish again when they are no longer contending that tend to be the salty ones.

discodaddy

All Australian
Jun 13, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
There are no others

i forgot a point - damn…

”…and you *ers have a system in place that let Sydney walk away with two (yes two) top 5 picks when north finished second last“.
“Like I said, pick 2, mofo’s“

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

We got 2 as a PP. To avoid having too many inside outside midfielders we then split it to get Gibcus and Sinn to go with JHF, JVR and CCJ.
Then I woke up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back