Preview Grand Final: Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs, Perth Stadium, Saturday 25/09/2021 @ 7:15 AEST

Winner and Norm Smith?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I want Melbourne to win. Best team across the season + premiership drought. Their fans have been through a lot of lows so it would be good to see them win one.

Dogs were very good against Port and Essendon (2nd half), but I think they should have lost the Brisbane game if all things were equal. Don't mind if they win, but I'll be more satisfied with Melbourne winning.

He only came in for Smith’s injury, played well though so hopefully keeps his spot.
I thought he was injured and Smith was filling in for him, it was just fortunate Smith got injured as Hibbo regained full fitness

I thought he was injured and Smith was filling in for him, it was just fortunate Smith got injured as Hibbo regained full fitness
Smith came in Rd 22 and both played then Hibberd was dropped following week for last round

He only came in for Smith’s injury, played well though so hopefully keeps his spot.

Hope I'm not intruding but from a Melbourne perspective I want Hibbo to play. Smith is probably the better athlete but doesn't have anywhere near the footy IQ that Hibberd has. Smith played on Cameron in the QF who ended up kicking 5 so not sure how you reconcile that by bringing him back in.

Hope I'm not intruding but from a Melbourne perspective I want Hibbo to play. Smith is probably the better athlete but doesn't have anywhere near the footy IQ that Hibberd has. Smith played on Cameron in the QF who ended up kicking 5 so not sure how you reconcile that by bringing him back in.
I suppose if Smith didn’t get injured he may have well been dropped for Hibberd anyway considering QF form

I suppose if Smith didn’t get injured he may have well been dropped for Hibberd anyway considering QF form
Smith is a weird player. He was amazing in the first half for his return game against Adelaide in round 22 but has been ordinary since.

His form probably ranges from a 2/10 to a 8/10 but is usually closer to the 2. Then you consider his injury history and it just feels too risky for a GF. Hibbo in 2021 is probably a solid 6/10 player. His best game was probably against Richmond when he locked down Dusty.

Last edited:
Gawn surely takes English to the cleaners. Even if WB use Schache and Hannan to occupy May and Lever, Gawn giving first use, together with his and Jackson's mobility should trouble the Dogs.
Martin’s bulk could come in handy, think he’ll get majority of centre bounces

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
Gawn surely takes English to the cleaners. Even if WB use Schache and Hannan to occupy May and Lever, Gawn giving first use, together with his and Jackson's mobility should trouble the Dogs.

I can't see them not having a plan for Gawn and Lever/May, like they did for Aliir Aliir. Luke Beverage is probably the only coach I'd trust to have a plan and for it to be executed well.

I can't see them not having a plan for Gawn and Lever/May, like they did for Aliir Aliir. Luke Beverage is probably the only coach I'd trust to have a plan and for it to be executed well.
I see them trying the same thing, and I see Melbourne having a plan to counter it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back