Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Not so much a complaint, but rather a concern.

I was in the gym the other day, there was this huge 'roider doing his workout, big deal I guess, plenty of guys on the gear. However with this particular guy, there appears one or two screws definitely loose and he genuinely looks like he is about to go into a fit of rage.

I know its coming, I also know my limitations, Im getting out of his way. :$

How come you didn't come over and say hello? :(

Joined a little rec centre gym that’s across the road from my house as my powerlifting gym is 30 minutes each way. Been coming here for 3 weeks for some deadlift and bench days and the stares from management had started a week or two ago. Got told today I need to stop making clanging noises when I deadlift. :(

Last edited:
Joined a little rec centre gym that’s across the road from my house as my powerlifting gym is 30 minutes each way. Been coming here for 3 weeks for some deadlift and bench days and the stares from management had started a week or two ago. Got told today I need to stop making clanging noises when I deadlift. :(

Clanging noises as in dropping weights on the ground or just your own personal grunting?

was there anybody else in the gym? or are you talking about your home one?

It was surprisingly a quiet time at 10am, myself and another guy at the gym. At my home, I turn on the heating. :drunk:

I mean FFS, its only ~25 degrees and you needed the A/C ?? Thats soft.

It was surprisingly a quiet time at 10am, myself and another guy at the gym. At my home, I turn on the heating. :drunk:

I mean FFS, its only ~25 degrees and you needed the A/C ?? Thats soft.
turning it off at the mains seems a bit drastic, either way... I assume that was your only way to turn it off without getting the gym management involved?

Id be happy to experience:

patrons bad BO
extra loud house or dance music
benches drenched in sweat
overly loud grunters
patrons sitting on benches looking at their phone for inordinate periods of time
patrons hogging equipment

just to be back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took a preworkout drink before going to the gym and ended up not going due to extreme dizziness it caused me. :drunk:

I was going to push through and then I thought, better to rest than push myself when an energy drink that could lead me to fainting at the gym.

Just channel your inner EasternTiger tren rage and break her neck with a barbell

phantom13 will accuse you of toxic masculinity with that sort of carry on.

Took a preworkout drink before going to the gym and ended up not going due to extreme dizziness it caused me. :drunk:

I was going to push through and then I thought, better to rest than push myself when an energy drink that could lead me to fainting at the gym.

Dear oh dear. You might need to add some cement to your pwo :p

Red bulls and Vs work just fine for me

Milos too, I find I don't sugar/carb crash a couple hours after milo

Back in 2009-10 I was on the jack3ds, boy they were something, they didn't effect me much negatively and definitely helped performance, however some other gym bros I knew at the time just couldn't handle the stuff.

Red bulls and Vs work just fine for me

Milos too, I find I don't sugar/carb crash a couple hours after milo

Back in 2009-10 I was on the jack3ds, boy they were something, they didn't effect me much negatively and definitely helped performance, however some other gym bros I knew at the time just couldn't handle the stuff.
Ive occasionally had toxicity from red bulls etc, but thats because of my stupidity of drinking more than 2. :drunk:

There was a time I could smash 4 red bulls 250ml a day. Thats awful damage to the body.

Ive occasionally had toxicity from red bulls etc, but thats because of my stupidity of drinking more than 2. :drunk:

There was a time I could smash 4 red bulls 250ml a day. Thats awful damage to the body.

is consuming red bull and V still a thing today. I recall similar experiences in young adult years. i thought it was just a fad

is consuming red bull and V still a thing today. I recall similar experiences in young adult years. i thought it was just a fad
Huge.

A lot of kids (16 to 21) I see all the time with a red bull before a work out or sipping one during a workout.

These energy drinks are great in moderation, ie used when you are genuinely feeling a bit lazy/unmotivated and kept for break glass scenarios rather than a part of your daily diet.

Huge.

A lot of kids (16 to 21) I see all the time with a red bull before a work out or sipping one during a workout.

These energy drinks are great in moderation, ie used when you are genuinely feeling a bit lazy/unmotivated and kept for break glass scenarios rather than a part of your daily diet.
ah ok

giphy.gif

i tried it for a very small period of time. but felt it tasted like cough mixture!

anyway. a few friends took it every day for a length time period. seemed to help them get through the day. power to them. almost 20 years on they do not do it anymore

ah ok

giphy.gif

i tried it for a very small period of time. but felt it tasted like cough mixture!

anyway. a few friends took it every day for a length time period. seemed to help them get through the day. power to them. almost 20 years on they do not do it anymore
Having had energy drinks over the years, yes they can be like cough mixture with some of them.

I have had also ones that have tasted just like any soft drink. Which is probably a bad thing, as it makes consuming them so much easier.

Pulled up stumps early today and not hitting the gym. A couple of niggles here and there (which is healing nicely now) and the fact I have been going consistently for 6 days per week since our last lockdown, 2 months ago, I think its an ideal time to take a break and refresh before returning on Monday.

The fact I dont feel guilty is probably a positive sign and also a sign I need to rest physically and mentally.

Had some awesome momentum with training and diet and then got smashed by the second pfizer dose.

Momentum lost and comfort eating since Monday...

Back on the horse tomorrow.
FMD

Thanks for sharing that bullshit. Its a shame that it had that effect on you. Probably something I will need to plan when I get around to it.

Comfort eating for a few days is not too bad as it changes your body up in terms of efficiency and calorie burning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back