Has anyone actually ever seen Valente?

Remove this Banner Ad

Joose

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah I would like a bit of news as well.

What little I have seen of Luke was very impressive.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
I’ve got a feeling he’s gone. Probably turn at the crows next year.
We put faith in him, regardless of injuries and not debuting and re signed him. But the lack of word, probably will be true. Imagine if he goes back to Adelaide and Cerra to Melbourne. What a joy

ROGS

Senior List
Jun 4, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah I would like a bit of news as well.

What little I have seen of Luke was very impressive.
have you actually seen him in person play at Peel, i have enough times over the past few years and same with Giro, they are both average WAFL players at best
think a lot of posters get caught up with the recruiting hype and highlight reel (and also the hope we have found a diamond) Delist both and move on with some local kids , Michael Randall at Peel would be worth a rookie spot

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
have you actually seen him in person play at Peel, i have enough times over the past few years and same with Giro, they are both average WAFL players at best
think a lot of posters get caught up with the recruiting hype and highlight reel (and also the hope we have found a diamond) Delist both and move on with some local kids , Michael Randall at Peel would be worth a rookie spot
Sorry mate, but I regularly go to Peel games and Luke is a far better player than Michael Randall. I like Randall too.

If Valente gets a full pre-season in he will be very valuable next year as a midfielder with classy disposal on both sides of his body.

Edit: agree with you on Giro unfortunately.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Knowing Freo luck Valente won’t return to the club again at all, and will end up getting picked up by Adelaide or Port Adelaide.
It’s a shame he is missing these weeks as would surely have got a couple of games especially this weekend.
Massive step up from Peel to AFL level obviously but would have been great to see how we went.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think we should wait. I’m losing track of the border issues but would Valente need to quarantine for 14 days upon returning to WA? Likely the club have told him just to stay and keep fit back home. Only Conca has played WAFL the last two weeks.

I think we can afford to let him play out his contract if he works through his personal stuff and returns to the club for pre-season.

I agree the timing was terrible as we have been hit by injury through the midfield and he would have been definitely a good chance for a debut which would have set him up for a good pre-season.

We kept with Meek who had poor timing with injury so I see no reason why we can’t with Valente.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
To me it sounds like a death or something similarly tragic in the family. I'm not really sure what else it could be, but speculating further is probably a little crass.

Hope he can be back for the game against the Saints and finally earn his long-awaited debut. With Cerra potentially on the way out, Fyfe being his injury-prone self and Mundy on reduced minutes there is a big role in the offing for him next year. So far we having nothing to show for that 2018 super draft.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Duffield said on the podcast yesterday that he was talking a break due to mental health reasons.
also said if he wanted to return to Adelaide that freo would not stand in his way in terms of facilitating a trade (which would assumedly have no picks involved as he had never played a game in 3 years).

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Duffield said on the podcast yesterday that he was talking a break due to mental health reasons.
also said if he wanted to return to Adelaide that freo would not stand in his way in terms of facilitating a trade (which would assumedly have no picks involved as he had never played a game in 3 years).
Just a question how do you facilitate a trade with no picks involved.

even duff is trying to play us for fools!

the chat starts at about 42 minutes in

click here for duff and quarters podcast
Loved it.

Even better, was the fact that duff had spoken to the club, and knew where things were at, and then Readings just had to big note himself by being involved in the conversation, with absolutely no clue of the reality.

Johnny Dalmas

Getting Old and Grumpy
Oct 16, 2015
Albany
AFL Club
Fremantle
Loved it.

Even better, was the fact that duff had spoken to the club, and knew where things were at, and then Readings just had to big note himself by being involved in the conversation, with absolutely no clue of the reality.
Readings value-add in that little segment would have embarrassed even a Big Footy poster

Remove this Banner Ad

Back