Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody?

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
If this was all she did it would be rubbish. This by itself does nothing.

But she is in a position to do other things, and does other things, so there's no real reason to criticise her overall efforts based on this one event.

Well I'm not criticizing her for wearing that dress, I know you're not. All I'm saying is it's a good message, just needs more to complete the message.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
You know this thread is peaking when people are discussing whether Titania McGrath is real or parody.

Yeah.

I do actually find 'her' quite funny, something that most people trying to take the piss out of progressives fail at miserably. I genuinely don't understand half of the cartoons in The Australian for example.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Transphobes are speaking out against an ex Special Forces man, who now identifies as female, choking out a female opponent within 4 minutes.

Her victory prompted backlash from a number of people who said it was unfair for a trans woman to compete against a cis-gendered athlete in the sport.

'I'm getting a lot of variations of the same nasty messages calling me a cheater like I didn't just get beat on for a round and a half. Y'all need to show Céline Provost some respect and take your concern trolling elsewhere.' McLaughlin responded on Twitter, adding. 'Transphobes are just making my block hand stronger.'

1631845203276.png

Eagle Wrath

Cancelled
Zombie Lover
Oct 22, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Transphobes are speaking out against an ex Special Forces man, who now identifies as female, choking out a female opponent within 4 minutes.

Her victory prompted backlash from a number of people who said it was unfair for a trans woman to compete against a cis-gendered athlete in the sport.

'I'm getting a lot of variations of the same nasty messages calling me a cheater like I didn't just get beat on for a round and a half. Y'all need to show Céline Provost some respect and take your concern trolling elsewhere.' McLaughlin responded on Twitter, adding. 'Transphobes are just making my block hand stronger.'

View attachment 1238022

They do like to call people transphobes for opposing this stuff dont they.

I first saw this story from Isaac Butterfield the other day. Very few oppose them becoming what they want. They oppose them being allowed in physical and dangerous sports against women.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond

I first saw this story from Isaac Butterfield the other day. Very few oppose them becoming what they want. They oppose them being allowed in physical and dangerous sports against women.

Was the opponent forced to fight? No. She stepped into the ring knowing exactly what she was up against.

Jan 31, 2007
In N Out
AFL Club
Carlton

It's an interesting arena this one. I was recently at a seminar on intersectionality in mental health, attended mostly by women, and this issue came up. Most women felt it was not right that a "former man" should be competing against women. At the same time, they all considered themselves allies of the LGBTIA2+ community, so the dissonance in the room was significant, and given the forum, their sense of guilt about feeling this way was openly discussed.

Anyone who would dismiss those women as being merely transphobic is choosing to remain ignorant as to the complexities of the issue.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
It's an interesting arena this one. I was recently at a seminar on intersectionality in mental health, attended mostly by women, and this issue came up. Most women felt it was not right that a "former man" should be competing against women. At the same time, they all considered themselves allies of the LGBTIA2+ community, so the dissonance in the room was significant, and given the forum, their sense of guilt about feeling this way was openly discussed.

Anyone who would dismiss those women as being merely transphobic is choosing to remain ignorant as to the complexities of the issue.
True, but the same gronks who ridicule women't sport on social media are the loudest ones talking about the integrity of women's sport on this issue. They arent the ones to listen to.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
True, but the same gronks who ridicule women't sport on social media are the loudest ones talking about the integrity of women's sport on this issue. They arent the ones to listen to.

I don't ridicule women's sport but I do ridicule their claims for equal pay. In most sports the top women are at about the same level of physicality and skills as under 15 boys. In all other fields of life equal pay depends on equal performance. Yet there are women earning millions who could be beaten by young teenage boys.

Women getting smashed by men identifying as women is a different issue.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
I don't ridicule women's sport but I do ridicule their claims for equal pay. In most sports the top women are at about the same level of physicality and skills as under 15 boys. In all other fields of life equal pay depends on equal performance. Yet there are women earning millions who could be beaten by young teenage boys.

Women getting smashed by men identifying as women is a different issue.
I wasn't talking about you.

Eagle Wrath

Cancelled
Zombie Lover
Oct 22, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I think men are just fascinated watching men fighting women under the guise of transgender equality, unless you know the female involved taking the beating. Its feminist groups that are truly outraged.

Others in feminist circles regarded the bout as an example of abuse.

''Male violence against women as a public sport? #NoThankYou,' posted Genevieve Gluck, a contributor to Canadian feminist website Feminist Current.

Many agreed.

'Wow. I did not foresee the day we applauded men beating women,' one response read. 'What a stunningly brave new world.'

'This is disgusting and dangerous,' another posted.

I dont care too much either way but I do feel sorry for the parents of girls who comment their kids have no future in sport and for the girls who leave sports.

Last edited:
Back