List Mgmt. OOC 2021, who is playing for their careers 2021 edition?

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I can't for the life of me figure out why the club would be delaying announcing this seasons delistings, could it be they have something in the works re a player maybe/maybe not coming to/going out of our club which will affect the list decisions?

I can't for the life of me figure out why the club would be delaying announcing this seasons delistings, could it be they have something in the works re a player maybe/maybe not coming to/going out of our club which will affect the list decisions?

Shouldn't speak on every player that will be delisted at our club this year, but you would think someone like Tom Joyce's future at the club for example, would be probably announced to the public at the end of the trade period, as it would be all dependant on whenever Neale changes his mind (again) and does go back home to WA or stays in QLD for the time being, given the fact both players play a identical role/position to each other within the club (AFL/VFL) despite the massive age & experience gap between them.

Shouldn't speak on every player that will be delisted at our club this year, but you would think someone like Tom Joyce's future at the club for example, would be probably announced to the public at the end of the trade period, as it would be all dependant on whenever Neale changes his mind (again) and does go back home to WA or stays in QLD for the time being, given the fact both players play a identical role/position to each other at the club (AFL/VFL) despite the massive age & experience gap between them.

Could also be holding off to do a Tom Joyce for Jarrod Cameron trade perhaps.

Fages seemed genuinely surprised about the Jarrod Cameron stuff when it was mentioned on the Roar Deal.
So not sure there is any plans this year.

Yeah don't know about Fages but I'm sure Dom Ambrogio is all over this one.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You may have to wait a bit
A quick search. The dates listed are article dates from Lions site
In 2020 we delisted Keays, Walker & Basti on 18/10/20 which was 1 week before GF
In 2019 we delisted Skinner , Eagles & Archie Smith on the 31/10/19 4 weeks after the GF
Possible other release date for other players

Nuggo

Club Legend
Aug 24, 2009
Mornington
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
All the word from WA journos about Cameron that I have seen/heard is that Jarrod may take a year off footy or him and West Coast will come to a settlement. I don't think there is some plan afoot to get him over here cheap.
No, I don't think so either, just though being Charlie's brother I thought news might have seeped through the club.

mattsmob

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
According to he-who-has-an-interesting-take-on-what-sliding-doors represents there may be a re-visitation of Neale in the last 90 mins of the Trade window ...
Just as a topic of conversation, if Neale was to request a trade at the end of next season would the best option for the club to be to trade him for maximum value this offseason or to hold him and potentially get less for him next year but at least have him playing for us next season?

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Just as a topic of conversation, if Neale was to request a trade at the end of next season would the best option for the club to be to trade him for maximum value this offseason or to hold him and potentially get less for him next year but at least have him playing for us next season?
Depends if you believe we can win a premiership with Neale and Lyons as our two main mids.

Sydney announced its first delistings today and they were knocked out a week earlier. Gold Coast have yet to announce any (nor Collingwood but they do have their coaching situation to thank for that presumably).

In a premiership challenging year, a Brownlow medallist in hand....

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Players had their exit interviews
Might be they try to find homes for people first.
Or depending who they get traded in

I saw those who about to go already know.

brisbanelions

Senior List
Oct 17, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I believe Neale will be 29 next season.So my personal view is strike while the iron is hot and if we recruit well it not only sets the club up for future sustained success it also frees up salary cash to throw at someone either now or next season in the right age bracket.His value is high at the moment and as any gambler should do, is cash in the chips while you are in front because it may evaporate before your eyes.

The second part and good on Zorks for saying it, the team has proven it can win without Neale and that shows to me this team is not a one man band and has the self belief to back in their own talent and win of its own accord. A compelling testament to the character of this team. We deserve to be well compensated as we are no longer the doormat club that can be treated with contempt.

Lions fans should think how this played out.Being honest and frank in your relationship is vitally important and if it is true the club only found out about it in the media is extremely poor to say the least especially when you are seen as an elder statesman of the club and young guys look up to you.You only have to look Jarrod Berry’s face when told by a reporter (a young player).it was the look of disbelief.

Last edited:

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Depends if you believe we can win a premiership with Neale and Lyons as our two main mids.

You could rationally argue that we were two points away from a grand final berth in a year that would have to be our worst for injuries since Fagan took over.

I know this is all pie in the sky talk, but I guess that's what BigFooty is for.

If we have a clean bill of health next year like Melbourne have had this year I think we're in it up to our eyeballs.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

We're not here to win trades, we're here to win premierships ;)

Personally I'd rather hold on to him for two more years & make him see out his contract if it means we're better placed to snag a flag.

I trust the club to make the right call. I also trust the professionalism of Neale if he is forced to honour his contract through to completion.

I believe Neale will be 29 next season.So my personal view is strike while the iron is hot and if we recruit well it not only sets the club up for future sustained success it also frees up salary cash to throw at someone either now or next season in the right age bracket.His value is high at the moment and as any gambler should do, is cash in the chips while you are in front because it may evaporate before your eyes. The second part and good on Zorks for saying it, the team has proven it can win without Neale and that shows to me this team is not a one man band and has the self belief to back in their own talent and win of its own accord. A compelling testament to the character of this team. We deserve to be well compensated as we are no longer the doormat club that can be treated with contempt. And lions fans should think how this played out.Being honest and frank in your relationship is vitally important and if it is true the club only found out about it in the media is extremely poor to say the least especially when you are seen as an elder statesman of the club and young guys look up to you.You only have to look Jarrod Berry’s face when told by a reporter (a young player).it was the look of disbelief.

paragraphs, please

Back