Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

FMD

Thanks for sharing that bullshit. Its a shame that it had that effect on you. Probably something I will need to plan when I get around to it.

Comfort eating for a few days is not too bad as it changes your body up in terms of efficiency and calorie burning.
Couple of days rest is probably good too but i was feeling it and frustrated.

Yeh 2 days of pretty bad flu like symptoms and really bad swollen glands. Feeling 100% today (got the second jab Sunday) ive heard most people had something similar.

Couple of days rest is probably good too but i was feeling it and frustrated.

Yeh 2 days of pretty bad flu like symptoms and really bad swollen glands. Feeling 100% today (got the second jab Sunday) ive heard most people had something similar.
Resting is good and its very easy to return to the gym, however I think in your case being sick and resting will make the return a little harder the first day back.

Probably best to have a relaxed workout first day back to not tax your body, given your immune system has taken a bashing.

I think I read my body fairly well, in the last 5 years I have only had "2 ordinary workouts" where one I left after warming up and the other I had a near fainting episode due to too many red bulls lol.

The female manager who stayed with me while I recovered for about half an hour on a bed, said she was grateful I didnt have to go to hospital by ambulance. Apparently there is a ton of paper workout to fill out lol.

Resting is good and its very easy to return to the gym, however I think in your case being sick and resting will make the return a little harder the first day back.

Probably best to have a relaxed workout first day back to not tax your body, given your immune system has taken a bashing.

I think I read my body fairly well, in the last 5 years I have only had "2 ordinary workouts" where one I left after warming up and the other I had a near fainting episode due to too many red bulls lol.

The female manager who stayed with me while I recovered for about half an hour on a bed, said she was grateful I didnt have to go to hospital by ambulance. Apparently there is a ton of paper workout to fill out lol.
Yeh im 34 now and honestly im probably in the best shape of my life. I know when to rest and when i can push. Im actually happy to go and do an easy 30 minute session that barely breaks a sweat if i just wanna move around. The competitiveness and ego is basically gone. Its a great thing.

Yeh im 34 now and honestly im probably in the best shape of my life. I know when to rest and when i can push. Im actually happy to go and do an easy 30 minute session that barely breaks a sweat if i just wanna move around. The competitiveness and ego is basically gone. Its a great thing.
Reading and understanding your body is really one of the best things you can achieve by going to the gym regularly. When to push, when to ease back.

I do get and understand why newbies and young kids ego lift or go heavy with poor shocking form, I find it inexcusable for older guys though.

As a kid of course I ego lifted and did stupid s**t in the gym, which is why when I see it today, Im kinda cool with it.

Reading and understanding your body is really one of the best things you can achieve by going to the gym regularly. When to push, when to ease back.

I do get and understand why newbies and young kids ego lift or go heavy with poor shocking form, I find it inexcusable for older guys though.

As a kid of course I ego lifted and did stupid sh*t in the gym, which is why when I see it today, Im kinda cool with it.
I think at that age too you really want to test your limits. Ego and curiousity. Plus you bounce back from injury so who cares.

Now, im happy doing my stuff that tests me but i know wont break me.

As a kid of course I ego lifted and did stupid sh*t in the gym, which is why when I see it today, Im kinda cool with it.

how about older newbies? haha

as an oldie my body incurs little injuries here and there more often. im soft

I think at that age too you really want to test your limits. Ego and curiousity. Plus you bounce back from injury so who cares.

Now, im happy doing my stuff that tests me but i know wont break me.
i think thats it right there. well said. younger, recover faster, bulletproof if you will

how about older newbies? haha

as an oldie my body incurs little injuries here and there more often. im soft

i think thats it right there. well said. younger, recover faster, bulletproof if you will
Thats a tough one...

Ive been training pretty seriously in some way shape or form for 10ish years. From football through to boxing/mma and OCR stuff my bodies done just about everything so i know it pretty well (in terms of what is normal aches and pains to what is serious, how hard i can push versus when to hold back) if youre not sure about it its going to be more difficult.

I suppose in much the same way as I'd do now be cautious. You are better off doing something at 60% than doing nothing for 6 weeks recovering from injury.

Thats a tough one...

Ive been training pretty seriously in some way shape or form for 10ish years. From football through to boxing/mma and OCR stuff my bodies done just about everything so i know it pretty well (in terms of what is normal aches and pains to what is serious, how hard i can push versus when to hold back) if youre not sure about it its going to be more difficult.

I suppose in much the same way as I'd do now be cautious. You are better off doing something at 60% than doing nothing for 6 weeks recovering from injury.

or even just doing something

Ive occasionally had toxicity from red bulls etc, but thats because of my stupidity of drinking more than 2. :drunk:

There was a time I could smash 4 red bulls 250ml a day. Thats awful damage to the body.
Some days at work in the kitchen and long nights nightclubbing but being the zero drinks DD I'd easily smash 3-4 down in my late teens/early 20s

Dunno what damage it may have done, but a better outcome than relying on illicit drugs to stay alert

ah ok

giphy.gif

i tried it for a very small period of time. but felt it tasted like cough mixture!

anyway. a few friends took it every day for a length time period. seemed to help them get through the day. power to them. almost 20 years on they do not do it anymore
Lel, elite gif
Having had energy drinks over the years, yes they can be like cough mixture with some of them.

I have had also ones that have tasted just like any soft drink. Which is probably a bad thing, as it makes consuming them so much easier.
I remember when I was like 11-12 back around 99-00 when they first started becoming mainstream, I tried to buy one from the milk bar as a few of my mates from school were like they were sick as. So I try to buy one, got told off by the owner, gave me a huge lecture said they weren't for kids and that he wouldn't sell to anyone under the age of 15 :(

I'm getting it next week as long as supply doesn't delay me again, do wonder how I'll adapt

Got the flu jab in March too, but didn't feel a thing there, had it on a Friday then aside from a walk around the block, rested up the weekend expecting the worst, it never came. Might load up on the multivitamins or something after I have it though

I remember when I was like 11-12 back around 99-00 when they first started becoming mainstream, I tried to buy one from the milk bar as a few of my mates from school were like they were sick as. So I try to buy one, got told off by the owner, gave me a huge lecture said they weren't for kids and that he wouldn't sell to anyone under the age of 15 :(
Irony being he probably did you favour at the time.

I probably get once a year caffeine poisoning from them. When that happens I lay in the bed, drink plenty of fluids and rest for 4-5 years till the toxicity clears.

Irony being he probably did you favour at the time.

I probably get once a year caffeine poisoning from them. When that happens I lay in the bed, drink plenty of fluids and rest for 4-5 years till the toxicity clears.
Yeah he probably did

Used to see kids at my local cricket/footy games of parents I knew like 5-10 years ago chugging down huge cans of monster in-between chasing their mates around the oval, they would've been in that 12-14yo group. Surely with the extra 10-15 years knowledge compared to what I had in the late 90s their parents surely know better not to encourage that stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he probably did

Used to see kids at my local cricket/footy games of parents I knew like 5-10 years ago chugging down huge cans of monster in-between chasing their mates around the oval, they would've been in that 12-14yo group. Surely with the extra 10-15 years knowledge compared to what I had in the late 90s their parents surely know better not to encourage that stuff.
My parents never allowed me to have coffee till year 12. :$

My parents never allowed me to have coffee till year 12. :$
I had the odd one as a kid

Wasn't allowed to drink/attend parties until year 11 but (16). Had curfews and limits placed on me too, thus spoiling the fun, but anyways.

Yeah he probably did

the marketing works evidently.

Doesn’t help that they all taste like ass.
true. i think "kids" who drink it the first time say its disgusting, but ya know peer pressure etc. learn to tolerate it, and the buzz from the caffine overrides the tastebuds

Glute day tomorrow, make sure to shower well after
Its glute day for me too. :$
So today, speaking of glute today, however this is not why I posted. :drunk:

While I was doing Romanian Deadlifts in the squat rack, this absolute hot girl positions herself behind me to do hip thrusts, then later, lunges then deadlifts with dumbbells.

She could have chosen a discrete place to do them (which many girls do) or any other empty part of the gym where there is plenty of mirrors.

Admittedly, I was very very confused and stumped. Im "ok" but definitely not in her league whatsoever.

The only genuine reason I could think of, was either she wanted attention ie simp behaviour (but thats all) or she has a boyfriend and wanted to make him jealous.:think:

So today, speaking of glute today, however this is not why I posted. :drunk:

While I was doing Romanian Deadlifts in the squat rack, this absolute hot girl positions herself behind me to do hip thrusts, then later, lunges then deadlifts with dumbbells.

She could have chosen a discrete place to do them (which many girls do) or any other empty part of the gym where there is plenty of mirrors.

Admittedly, I was very very confused and stumped. Im "ok" but definitely not in her league whatsoever.

The only genuine reason I could think of, was either she wanted attention ie simp behaviour (but thats all) or she has a boyfriend and wanted to make him jealous.:think:

if she makes bf jealous and he's not even there that'd be somewhat interesting.

was it a bit suss when you were deadlifting and kept turning your head to look?

how about when they perform exercises in front of you while your deadlifting. right in your eyeline haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back