Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macca ....is that a tribal face-off thing .....or do the two sides players actually mingle together

Been a long time since I was in Adelaide ....but I was under the impression Larg's Bay was quite trendy now for eateries ?

I think there's a bit happening down that way these days. But if I was on $300k/year and worked at footy park or Alberton, I'd be living Henley/grange area. No more difficult to get to the club, straight run to town and pick your sand belt club.

edit - forgot the obligatory dig at not knowing a decent coffee if you haven't been to Adelaide in a few years.

Macca ....is that a tribal face-off thing .....or do the two sides players actually mingle together

Been a long time since I was in Adelaide ....but I was under the impression Larg's Bay was quite trendy now for eateries ?

Largs is alright yeah, but not sure how many players live around there. I can only comment as I live in Henley Beach and have seen dozens of players from both sides over the last few years, either walking their pets, having a run around Henley Oval or eating/drinking/shopping at Henley Square. Seen plenty of mingling. Not sure there's much off field rivalry between the two groups anymore, certainly not like 20 years ago.

Largs is alright yeah, but not sure how many players live around there. I can only comment as I live in Henley Beach and have seen dozens of players from both sides over the last few years, either walking their pets, having a run around Henley Oval or eating/drinking/shopping at Henley Square. Seen plenty of mingling. Not sure there's much off field rivalry between the two groups anymore, certainly not like 20 years ago.

coz we kicked your arses bitch. :D

I think there's a bit happening down that way these days. But if I was on $300k/year and worked at footy park or Alberton, I'd be living Henley/grange area. No more difficult to get to the club, straight run to town and pick your sand belt club.

Yeah Henley's far more central. By the beach, trendy suburb, easy access to West Lakes/Alberton, but also closer to city, Glenelg and Southern Suburbs(McLaren Vale/Fleurieu). Also if you're thinking family, probably better options for schooling South West (Immanuel, West Minster, Sacred Heart, Brighton, SPW...) than North West (?).

Hopefully he announces today or at least tomorrow, the amount of times I’ll be refreshing the AFL website will be ridiculous. Just rip it off like a Bandaid Dawson and get it over and done with
You'd think if his mind was already made up, or set to one side before all this, he would've announced right after meeting both sides.

If we've supposedly been into him all year and he was keen, he would've got the formalities over with poort and seen what they offered, then if not good enough would announce.

The longer it goes on the more it sounds like he's weighing up both offers, and poort usually spill out more.

edit - forgot the obligatory dig at not knowing a decent coffee if you haven't been to Adelaide in a few years.
Last time was 2017 when my Mother passed away .....not a lot of reasons to return these days & a decent Coffee in Adelaide, will simply have to stay on the unattainable list

Tarrant is off to Richmond

Makes it interesting with Talia and makes you wonder about that foot injury. Tarrants a few years older than Talia and certainly had his own checkered injury history. Not sure the Tiger's would be grabbing both, unless they're hedging their bets... 2 injury prone older key defenders in the hope one is fit each week.

Yep. If I was a cashed up early 20's sporty type Henley/Grange/West Beach would be where i'd want to be. Quick walk to the beach, area which is getting significantly younger, lovely beach which is also probably the least busy of the Glenelg/Henley/Semaphore shoreline so you can blend in a bit more, 4-5 minutes to West Lakes, 7-8 minutes to Alberton. Plus it's become the sort of thing that because a lot of your teammates are living there, thats where you end up looking for a house as well.

Makes it interesting with Talia and makes you wonder about that foot injury. Tarrants a few years older than Talia and certainly had his own checkered injury history. Not sure the Tiger's would be grabbing both, unless they're hedging their bets... 2 injury prone older key defenders in the hope one is fit each week.
If they grabbed both, and they both remained fit they would start looking more like a contender in 2022.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tarrant is off to Richmond

Wonder if Talia medicalled there? He might still get a spot on the rookie list as a backup, but you'd think if he goes there he's not going to be first choice. You'd need to provide decent proof to convince me that he wasn't demanding a contract in the 2 x $600k ballpark from us. Given the stated value we place on experience, I find it hard to believe that we wouldn't have been prepared to find reasonable ground with both Talia and Lynch.

This might also be a result of the review which suggested that Reid have more control over list management. I can imagine padt boards getting too involved in this aspect of the operation. Fagan bragging about forcing Reid to get a deal done over Gibbs tells me all I need to about board involvement in list management decisions.

If they grabbed both, and they both remained fit they would start looking more like a contender in 2022.

With Balta out they could definitely be looking at both.
Grimes Talia Vlastuin
Short Tarrant Stack/Rioli
If all fit and firing, good luck to any forward line.

Yep. If I was a cashed up early 20's sporty type Henley/Grange/West Beach would be where i'd want to be. Quick walk to the beach, area which is getting significantly younger, lovely beach which is also probably the least busy of the Glenelg/Henley/Semaphore shoreline so you can blend in a bit more, 4-5 minutes to West Lakes, 7-8 minutes to Alberton. Plus it's become the sort of thing that because a lot of your teammates are living there, thats where you end up looking for a house as well.

I thought the Port boys were more into the Semephore crowd

With Balta out they could definitely be looking at both.
Grimes Talia Vlastuin
Short Tarrant Stack/Rioli
If all fit and firing, good luck to any forward line.
That's a big IF on on 4 of those players

Talia and Tarrant, getting their bodies right

Rioli has struggled to maintain his form and spot in the side

Stack, might be on the trade table

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wonder if Talia medicalled there? He might still get a spot on the rookie list as a backup, but you'd think if he goes there he's not going to be first choice. You'd need to provide decent proof to convince me that he wasn't demanding a contract in the 2 x $600k ballpark from us. Given the stated value we place on experience, I find it hard to believe that we wouldn't have been prepared to find reasonable ground with both Talia and Lynch.

This might also be a result of the review which suggested that Reid have more control over list management. I can imagine padt boards getting too involved in this aspect of the operation. Fagan bragging about forcing Reid to get a deal done over Gibbs tells me all I need to about board involvement in list management decisions.

I get the impression the club asked Talia and Lynch what type of contract they were looking for and both said in the 600-700k range.
And based on those numbers, the club declined to offer them a contract.
Hopefully Sloaney was the last pension type contract we hand out

So you're forgetting the 2017 GF and Gibbs trade.

Wish I had a selective memory...
Ricciuto said Gibbs took a big pay cut to return to SA and was on less than McGovern when he re-signed with us for $550K to refute the point that McGovern was pissed off the Crows couldn't offer him more and then signed Gibbs on "big" money, then he did a dash for cash to Carlton.

Yeah Henley's far more central. By the beach, trendy suburb, easy access to West Lakes/Alberton, but also closer to city, Glenelg and Southern Suburbs(McLaren Vale/Fleurieu). Also if you're thinking family, probably better options for schooling South West (Immanuel, West Minster, Sacred Heart, Brighton, SPW...) than North West (?).
Yep for sure. Kids are pretty rugged at lefevre high

So.. Dawson got out of quarantine.. met with crows and power.. and has now headed home to Robe to get away from the media and obviously hang out with his family and get their advice/support/opinions on what to do..

Guess we’ll all find out in the next week or so which way he goes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back