Review DOGS INTO THE GRAND FINAL FEEEEKYEAAAAH!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure it's gastro?

Not insinuating it is something worse

Seems they'll be back on board tomorrow

Ch7 News just said gastro.

Harmes? tagged Libba which proved an effective strategy . It was then copied by other teams during the season. Libba was almost our top mid in early season.

We’ve worked our way through that one. Drew kept Libba in check last week but we still smashed their midfield. Libba’s learnt how to work his way through the sniping and so have Bev and the team. Dunks is a massive in. Macrae is in beast mode. Bont can go in there too.

Problem is, Liber didn't have to work through anything early doors last week, as that (Diet) coke-head Hinkley started Drew on the bench, so Liber ran rampant at the start of the game. By the time Hinkley put Drew on Liber (and Drew was effective when he came on), the horse had bolted.

I don't think Goodwin is stupid enough to start the game without his main anti-Liber weapon standing next to Liber at the opening bounce. GF will be a tougher start than the prelim for our mids. Hinkley also gambled on Gray in the centre. Goodwin is no Hinkley.

CDD81799-E084-4A1D-9EF0-6D5ABFE30490.png

Some fan mail for Max Gawn.

You love to see it.

View attachment 1238309

Some fan mail for Max Gawn.

You love to see it.

Fake or legit? It’s not on his Insta now. Funny though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL media attempting to dress up Gary Lyon as the old tear-jerker is hilarious.

The bloke is a campaigner in every way.

Basically done a Bradbury for the Grand Final, about the sixth or seventh choice To present the cup. Sadly, other choices have either died (Jim Stynes, Robbie Flower) or are too old and/or too ill (Daniher and Barrassi).

Interesting that neither team has lost a final yet this season.

Not that unusual if both teams were proceeding from the top 4 but a little unusual with one team taking the long way round from 5th.

In 2016 we also failed to lose a final but our opponents Sydney did, losing the 1st final in a 1st v 4th against GWS sending them the long way round.

2019 was the same - Richmond won QF and PF, GWS into GF from sixth. Could become more common if there’s less of a gap between top four and 5/6 and there’s a bye in there.

Let’s hope the boys put up a better effort than GWS!!!

Basically done a Bradbury for the Grand Final, about the sixth or seventh choice To present the cup. Sadly, other choices have either died (Jim Stynes, Robbie Flower) or are too old and/or too ill (Daniher and Barrassi).

I greatly dislike Lyon too but that is really bitter.

I greatly dislike Lyon too but that is really bitter.

Wasn't meant to be bitter or nasty in any way, just the reality. I think if it was in Melbourne, Barassi would do it or Neale Daniher, I think even Lyon would admit that and kind of did in an interview I saw with him earlier in the week. Basically felt there were others deserving and felt very lucky.

Useless stat.

Last time we won the flag, Geelong beat us if the regular season then were knocked out in the prelim by the team we beat in the gf......

On a serious note, I did read on another thread that teams that beat the cats in finals generally go on to lose. Not sure how accurate that is? Though it may indicate that Geelong are not as good as they seem given the home ground advantage and knocking them off in finals isn't that great an achievement?

Useless stat.

Last time we won the flag, Geelong beat us if the regular season then were knocked out in the prelim by the team we beat in the gf......

On a serious note, I did read on another thread that teams that beat the cats in finals generally go on to lose. Not sure how accurate that is? Though it may indicate that Geelong are not as good as they seem given the home ground advantage and knocking them off in finals isn't that great an achievement?
This is not a reflection on Melbourne, but Geelong were sputtering late in the season and flew under the radar because they crept over the line while we dropped games.

It was pretty obvious when they lost to GWS at home that something was wrong. Then they gave up a 44 point lead to Melbourne. They barely got it done against St Kilda and North.

In the end they won 2 of their last 6 including finals.

Useless stat.

Richmond beat them the past two years and won the flag, so not sure about that stat. Maybe previous to that?

There is a school of thought that Melbourne haven’t really had a good hit out since rd 23 and are now going into a GF having played little competitive footy in the past month. I think that’s false - they thumped the lions and cats and can only beat who’s in front of them, and are evidently a very strong, focused side.

They’ll be on come first bounce, as will our boys. Should be a cracker.

Wasn't meant to be bitter or nasty in any way, just the reality. I think if it was in Melbourne, Barassi would do it or Neale Daniher, I think even Lyon would admit that and kind of did in an interview I saw with him earlier in the week. Basically felt there were others deserving and felt very lucky.
Doubt if Daniher could even lift the cup, let alone walk out with it. He's a nice fella but surely more connection to Essendon? I think they had to pick someone who was over there. It's usually a past player, isn't it?

Richmond beat them the past two years and won the flag, so not sure about that stat. Maybe previous to that?

There is a school of thought that Melbourne haven’t really had a good hit out since rd 23 and are now going into a GF having played little competitive footy in the past month. I think that’s false - they thumped the lions and cats and can only beat who’s in front of them, and are evidently a very strong, focused side.

They’ll be on come first bounce, as will our boys. Should be a cracker.
The Brisbane game was definitely a competitive hitout. I know it was comfortable in the end but it was only 20 the difference well into the last quarter.

The Geelong game was a shocker. I know we flogged Port, but Port had won 7 in a row. Geelong were poor late in the season and looked completely listless in that game. To have that sandwiched between two byes is not great.

That said, it’s probably why they’ve chosen to have practice matches between games. I doubt it’s a significant factor.

Looks like the Herald HUN is backing the Deeeees. included some ludicrous Max Gawn cardboard face photo, that you put over your face to look like Hillbilly Max. LOL, i put it on my Boxer dogs face, and he cracked it and tore it to pieces. My Boxer tips the Doggies by 22 points, Oscar knows a good Dogs side when he sees it. !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back