Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
reduces the chance of it
exposure function of time and distance as well (individual cop unlikely to be near a given individual for a long time, less likely than 2 random (probably unvaccinated) protestors marching together sharing germ clouds...)

But they’re physically restraining and arresting them so in that scenario surely more risk than two people walking in the outdoors?

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
When do riots like today actually become a serious issue? 3 cops in hospital. The state has clearly lost a large number of people who now dislike cops and lockdowns. What can be done? I think it’s gotten past the point of “health”.

Last edited:
Could have just let them walk, give them no media coverage and SFA would have happened.

Protestors are w***ers and all that (goes for most protests) but better ways to handle it than the way the government and police did. They easily incited the idiots to behave the way they did.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
Yep, just let them walk like BLM and the hippies they are protesting a lack of freedom and the police say no you can't walk here not a good look

Remon Tea

All Australian
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
When do riots like today actually become a serious issue? 3 cops in hospital. The state has clearly lost a large number of people who now dislike cops and lockdowns. What can be done? I think it’s gotten past the point of “health”.
The cynic in me says that every decision made from hear on out is purely based on polling numbers.

Mar 16, 2007
Showers Stand
AFL Club
Essendon
The cynic in me says that every decision made from hear on out is purely based on polling numbers.
I think we've been there for a while.

Some ridiculously high number of construction sites are not compliant with covid safe requirements. If 3/4 of McDonald's restaurants had fry cooks dipping their balls in customer's hot fudge sundaes, I'd expect the government to do something more about it then a tut-tut from Foley.

Big_Luch

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Some pretty sickening footage going around.

70 yr old lady nailed to the asphalt by two cops, she was out of it.. then they decide to pepper spray her whilst rolling around on the ground in pain.... about safety apparently.

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Some pretty sickening footage going around.

70 yr old lady nailed to the asphalt by two cops, she was out of it.. then they decide to pepper spray her whilst rolling around on the ground in pain.... about safety apparently.

Was she even involved?

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
1DB027CD-A908-4A65-A5FB-67C867D03FD4.jpeg

Apr 24, 2011
Greek Islands
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Like every protest in recent times in Melbourne they generally have been hijacked by lunatic fringe elements. Police and Andrews rhetoric during the week and their actions in barricading the city and stopping public transport stunk and was complete overeach. It added fuel to the fire and was a horrible look for a democratic society. Their demeanour and language was entirely different for last years BLM march. Of course today’s riff raff was going to ‘fight back’. I bet some of the police were also looking for a bit of biffo.

hamohawk1

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Going by the HS leak re Covid roadmap (Its the one thing Murdoch rags normally get right) we're not getting any sense of even Covid normal until 80% double dose.

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Herald sun has leaked tomorrow’s roadmap. Wow. I thought today’s riots were bad. We haven’t seen nothing based on what we’re about to be told tomorrow.

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
I vehemently disagree with the protests and despise the types who attended. Vic Police were an utter disgrace today. They put themselves, the protesters and innocent bystanders in danger.

There needs to be an investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back