Prediction 2022 ladder after 23 rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

One pretty big out in Clarkson though. Also depends a bit on whether Tom Mitchell gets his trade or not.
Yeah, it’s unknown what Sam will be like as coach no matter how highly he was rated or what he did at Box Hill this year until he starts coaching at AFL level, but it’s worth remembering that Clarkson managed to coach us to losses against the Crows, Roos, Suns and Blues, and for the third season in a row needed a gameplan tweak after the season was shot.
So I’m hoping Sam is less stubborn on gameplan and list management.

I guarantee we'll be better next year if Gunston and Sicily both return to the side for 23 rounds. 8 wins* this season was our best case scenario.

New game plan, stars back and our best kids entering their prime. I'm anticipating between 8 and 11 wins.

*We won 7 games and had 2 draws, finishing on 32 points. Technically 8 wins in a ladder sense.

1. Brisbane (surely it clicks)
2. Melbourne
3. Sydney
4. St Kilda
5. Bulldogs
6. Essendon
7. GWS
8. Fremantle
----------------------
9. Geelong
10. Port
11. Richmond
12. Carlton
13. Hawthorn
14. Collingwood
15. Gold Coast
16. West Coast
17. Adelaide
18. North Melbourne

I think St Kilda will bounce back. We usually see teams dip after a humiliating finals loss so Geelong and Port might take a year off.

With a fit Ben Brown and Jack Viney, Tomlinson back and another preseason into Petty, Jackson, Pickett, Rivers, Sparrow, Jordon and Bowey we’ll be much stronger next year. Expecting a Geelong 2008/Richmond 2018 like follow up.

1. Sydney
2. Port Adelaide
3. Geelong
4. Brisbane
5. Richmond
6. Bulldogs
7. West Coast
8. Melbourne
----------------------
9. GWS
10. St Kilda
11. Fremantle
12. Adelaide
13. Hawthorn
14. Collingwood
15. Essendon
16. Carlton
17. North Melbourne
18. Gold Coast

With a fit Ben Brown and Jack Viney, Tomlinson back and another preseason into Petty, Jackson, Pickett, Rivers, Sparrow, Jordon and Bowey we’ll be much stronger next year. Expecting a Geelong 2008/Richmond 2018 like follow up.
You have had a fairly decent run with injuries this year. Incredible in fact. Not sure I'd be banking on improving in that area.

You have had a fairly decent run with injuries this year. Incredible in fact. Not sure I'd be banking on improving in that area.
After four incredibly s**t years injury wise. Might not stay as fit in 2022 but that will be offset by the improvement of the list.

Richmond will depend on injuries as with most teams and how they start the year. If Richmond start well, with limited injuries, there is no way they won’t contend again one last year with players like Lynch and Martin still in their prime. If Richmond start slow, they will capitulate. Either way next year is the absolute last roll of the dice and probably a long stretch when you look at Melbourne’s list now. We took on the dogs and beat them earlier in the year when they were rolling.

yep last chance saloon for richmond in 2022 i think these sluggish starts to seasons have finally caught up with them its not automatic as much as it was in 2019 and 2020.
2022 be the last time if they make it to play finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Melbourne
2. Sydney
3. Richmond
4. GWS
5. Bulldogs
6. Brisbane
7. Fremantle
8. Port
———
9. Geelong
10. Carlton
11. St Kilda
12. Essendon
13. West Coast
14. Hawthorn
15. North
16. Gold Coast
17. Collingwood
18. Adelaide

BUT

Expect it to be another strong bottom ten - 5 win minimum.

1. Melbourne
2. Sydney
3. Richmond
4. GWS
5. Bulldogs
6. Brisbane
7. Fremantle
8. Port
———
9. Geelong
10. Carlton
11. St Kilda
12. Essendon
13. West Coast
14. Hawthorn
15. North
16. Gold Coast
17. Collingwood
18. Adelaide

BUT

Expect it to be another strong bottom ten - 5 win minimum.
There's zero chance of that top 4 happening. Leave aside that Richmond are cooked, the Swans and GWS will be lucky to play home games in 2022, let alone make the top 4.

There's zero chance of that top 4 happening. Leave aside that Richmond are cooked, the Swans and GWS will be lucky to play home games in 2022, let alone make the top 4.
Nah, think matches will be back to normal next year. Biggest issue will be WA but the league aren’t going to toss the whole season due to McGowan.

1. Sydney
2. Port Adelaide
3. Geelong
4. Brisbane
5. Richmond
6. Bulldogs
7. West Coast
8. Melbourne
----------------------
9. GWS
10. St Kilda
11. Fremantle
12. Adelaide
13. Hawthorn
14. Collingwood
15. Essendon
16. Carlton
17. North Melbourne
18. Gold Coast

8th for dees. LOL.

Interesting considering we are extremely young.

The common call every year is that the next ladder will look almost identical to the previous season's. I predict 2022 to be a drastically different ladder from 2021 - I think several of the top sides can drop off significantly, and I can make cases for some of the cellar dwellers to make some speedy returns up the ladder. I won't be surprised if Richmond return to top 4, Geelong miss finals, GWS make the top 4, Sydney drop back out of finals, Essendon make top 6, Hawks play finals, Saints make top 4, Eagles bottom 4, Port capitulate etc.

I don't reckon I'll put together a full prediction, I can see so many sides going either way.

Tomlinson will not get a game even after his injury if May, Lever, Petty are all fit.

8th for dees. LOL.

Interesting considering we are extremely young.
Some young teams don't back up well from flags. Hawthorn 08 and Bulldogs 16 are examples of that. Plus Melbourne have a history of dramatic rises and falls

Remove this Banner Ad

Back