Universal Love Grand final week general discussion - Opposition supporters welcome

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Anyone else seen the documentary around Achtung Baby?

It includes the recordings of the “moment of creation” for One. I found it fascinating, especially as someone who’s always loved that song.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I’m kind of meh on Sunday tbh. It’s okay, but not in a top ten I’d come up with for them.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Are you guys so relaxed about Saturday that you’re debating the merits of U2 albums?!

I rewatched both prelims yesterday, dogs first and dees third quarters were outrageous. If that standard can be brought on Saturday we’re in for a treat, but I suspect there’s no way either team will cave like port and Geelong did.

Should be a decent Brownlow count tonight too. I think Petracca gets a little closer than the odds suggest.

Joshua tree for me btw 👍

Are you guys so relaxed about Saturday that you’re debating the merits of U2 albums?!

I rewatched both prelims yesterday, dogs first and dees third quarters were outrageous. If that standard can be brought on Saturday we’re in for a treat, but I suspect there’s no way either team will cave like port and Geelong did.

Should be a decent Brownlow count tonight too. I think Petracca gets a little closer than the odds suggest.

Joshua tree for me btw 👍

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles

Joshua tree for me btw 👍

We’re mostly just worried about drawing Meds ire for being so relaxed.

Went down to Loch today, the Olive is all done up in red and blue.
But I had to get a pic of the infamous China chunder jumper in the window.
IMG20210919130726.jpg

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
My fav BB clip, love the peeps who sync a video to Bills description, gods work...

*in' hell, that's savage.

Retail is brutal hey. I never lead pipe'd anyone, but I can understand how it happens. * dealing with customers.

fu**in' hell, that's savage.

Retail is brutal hey. I never lead pipe'd anyone, but I can understand how it happens. fu** dealing with customers.

Most customers dont jump the counter, they just piss you off from behind it.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne

1.18 sums up my feelings on U2. Also wish that Chris Dawes had discovered this infomercial. Maybe someone could show Sam Weideman before it’s too late.

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
fu**in' hell, that's savage.

Retail is brutal hey. I never lead pipe'd anyone, but I can understand how it happens. fu** dealing with customers.
I once had a truckie come into my old work & ask for a specific size of aluminum. I went out back & cut it to his specifications however when I presented the piece to him he immediately told me that's not what he wanted. He then told me with an aggressive tone the size he wanted again & I had to show him with a tape measure that this is what he was asking for. After showing him his error he then started calling me a smart arse & other unflattering words. I then had a rush of adrenaline come over me prepping me to hit him but because I was at work all I could do was ignore it & go back out & cut the new size for him. Using hindsight I should of asked him to leave the moment he got aggressive towards me.

Most customers dont jump the counter, they just piss you off from behind it.

Maybe AAFL can help us out with this but I thought the US have pretty strong self-defence laws protecting people when it comes to trespassers invading your home or work environment and threatening you.

I know that in Aus you can only defend yourself in a similar capacity to the how you're being threatened.

Nov 26, 2007
Queensland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hull City
All I can say is, as a supporter of a team that had a 37 year drought and decades of medicority, that I'm really happy for you guys to have the chance to break that cycle as a football club. As much as we all support our own clubs, we are all followers of the game, and the game can be a cruel mistress sometimes, so it's always heartwarming to see a club that has done it tough for a long time, finally get their day in the sun again.

Melbourne may have 13 flags to their name, but you haven't won one since the 60's, and that is far too long for any club to have between premierships. It is your time now, and as good as the Bulldogs are, I think this premiership is destined to go to you guys now.

All year you guys have been called the "new Richmond", which back in the day used to be a bad thing... but these days, it means you dominate finals, send the Cats packing (that's part of the deal if you're gonna be the new us :cool:), and then win premierships!

In all seriousness though, I got to experience a similar ride in 2017 to what you are experiecing now, and even with all the success that followed in the years after 2017, that "breakthrough" year will always be my favourite season of footy. Nothing will ever top it.

I sincerely wish you guys the best next Saturday, and I hope you can bring the cup home to Demonland. As your song says... "should old acquantance be forgot, keep your eye on the red and the blue"....

For 2 hours next weekend... my eyes will be on the red and the blue!

Carn the Dees! :)

Back