FTA-TV The Front Bar (2020)

5ammy

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Strawbs O'Dwyer obviously had his ears pinned back at some stage. Ah well, good on him. It's apparently pretty painful

View attachment 1230995
Looks a bit like Simon The Wiggle in that bottom pic

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
From premiership player to apprentice plumber. Not sure how I'd deal with that :huh:

One of the worst guests they've ever had, didn't even know who he was, Browny was good value though.

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
This turned into a reminiscence of The Late Show fairly quickly... fwiw reckon Tom Gleisner was the least funny of the lot.

As for the show, generally enjoy it still but do gave a growing habit of showing the same clips repeatedly. Even before Steven O'Dwyer appeared on it, reckon they showed that post-game speech of his three times previously.

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
This turned into a reminiscence of The Late Show fairly quickly... fwiw reckon Tom Gleisner was the least funny of the lot.

As for the show, generally enjoy it still but do gave a growing habit of showing the same clips repeatedly. Even before Steven O'Dwyer appeared on it, reckon they showed that post-game speech of his three times previously.
to be fair Gleisner wrote a lot of the scripts, was never the best performer. Rob Sitch and Tony Martin the best for me, Martin and Molloy's bits together were always brilliant too, brought out the best in each other.

I’m ok with them having that format - lesser known cult hero type and then a bigger star like Brown later.
They would run out of players eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In COVID times, it would be more difficult to get guests too. Biggs was very nervous but wasn't a boring guest.

Back