Music The music thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mentioned it before, but Hot Chocolate really don't get the acclaim they deserve as one of the great British bands of the last 50 years. Great songwriting, wedded to the production genius of Mickie Most.

A couple of other tracks Mickie produced...

To Sir With Love, classic film and that song just hits the right notes.

One thing I could never understand with Phil and Don was their reliance on wearing straight-up tux-suits on stage.

I finally found out today, while reading over various obits...Don was once running late for a show in England and was told not to worry, what he was wearing was fine. "No I've got to change - the suit knows all the words."

Gee-wizz...

And so the surviving member of the Everly Brothers has passed...a sad day. The brothers had harmonies gifted from a higher being...RIP Phil and Don...

Thanks for the memories.

Discovered these guys a few years ago, they are rock solid, wonderful harmonies very much in the Everly Brothers mould - also, they're brothers:

Excellent live, too, and their debut album You're Dreaming was probably my favourite thing to listen to a few years ago.

RIP Charlie Watts, such a drummer and an authentic eccentric English gentleman. Wouldn't have been my first guess at who pass first. Ran out the game.

Technically Brian Jones was first. But yeah get your point. Considering Bill Wyman was (comfortably) the oldest of the original lineup, he's doing well to still be around.

Love that version of Little Queenie too. That 1969 live sound was immense.

this may have been posted previously; rightly so - CLICK! such a groove - I have a very tangential relationship w/Ross Hanaford, he was a cool guy

Never seen Daddy Cool live but did see Ross Wilson/Mondo Rock at the Collendina, will go for the obvious -

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Belief and the pain associated with the foolish emotional attachment to things beyond your control ...seem to resonate with me today...

First things first
I'ma say all the words inside my head
I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been, oh-ooh
The way that things have been, oh-ooh

Pain!
You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
Pain!
You break me down and build me up, believer, believer
Pain!

Belief and the pain associated with the foolish emotional attachment to things beyond your control ...seem to resonate with me today...

First things first
I'ma say all the words inside my head
I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been, oh-ooh
The way that things have been, oh-ooh

Pain!
You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
Pain!
You break me down and build me up, believer, believer
Pain!

hadn't heard this one before; have heard of this group, don't know that I've actually heard them though - one of my daughters is heartily approving in the background haha

Here's my bands new release, hopefully some people can check it out. Much appreciate any listens and feedback

I don't have Spotify but I enjoyed the 29 seconds of it that I heard!
Bit like Tool maybe?
I tend to eschew heavier music generally (but not always) but that sounded pretty sweet.
What to you play in the group Matthew J?

I don't have Spotify but I enjoyed the 29 seconds of it that I heard!
Bit like Tool maybe?
I tend to eschew heavier music generally (but not always) but that sounded pretty sweet.
What to you play in the group Matthew J?
Thanks, I am the lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist

Try here if youd like to hear more

Been overdosing on the updates found on the great Ed Sullivan YT page, none more sublime than Nancy & Lee, beautifully staged all in black, with a live rendition of Summer Wine...

The Animals letting rip live on their new single still sends shivers...Alan Price on keys...a Sunday night performance, over the following days and weeks thousands of garage bands would spring up over the USA...

Leading to new sounds and epic performances like this...

Been overdosing on the updates found on the great Ed Sullivan YT page, none more sublime than Nancy & Lee, beautifully staged all in black, with a live rendition of Summer Wine...

The Animals letting rip live on their new single still sends shivers...Alan Price on keys...a Sunday night performance, over the following days and weeks thousands of garage bands would spring up over the USA...

Leading to new sounds and epic performances like this...

Absolute classics

LH reminds me of Sonny Bono

Remove this Banner Ad

Back