News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who the fu** is Bruno?
Bart Baker is an American man who is literally getting paid to sing CCP propaganda 🤣🤣🤣🤣 like full Chinese singing and all

Reporter: We have high vaccination, but the Australian Medical Association is not confident we can drive down cases if you keep allowing more freedoms.

Berejiklian: There will always be people that think you are not strict enough, there will always be people that think you are too strict. And that is why the biggest challenge for us during this has been striking the right balance at all times. And reflecting, we always look to see if we got the right balance here, 'did this make a difference?' And we can't automatically tell which restriction had greater benefit or greater bearing on the results, but we're not displeased with where we are.
Always interesting when the nation's doctors are 'just' one opinion during a pandemic.

TEST FOR COVID IMMUNITY
A groundbreaking new finger prick test has been developed to show when people need a Covid-19 vaccine booster.

The test, created by world-leading experts at the Burnet Institute and Doherty Institute, shows when immunity to the virus is lagging and needs to be topped up.

Results can be obtained in less than 20 minutes, arming people with an indication of how susceptible they are to coronavirus and when they need another jab.

While the test doesn’t check for current infections, it will predict a person’s immunity to new and emerging variants and can be used for large groups.

The test is at the prototype stage, but Burnet and Doherty Institute chiefs are in commercial discussions to progress the widespread use in Victoria and around the country.

Reporter: We have high vaccination, but the Australian Medical Association is not confident we can drive down cases if you keep allowing more freedoms.

Always interesting when the nation's doctors are 'just' one opinion during a pandemic.

She's simply trying to justify her total mismanagement. She bowed over to the pressure applied by big business.

Curfew not being lifted until late October is all you need to know that this state has no respect for its citizens and will drag this out as long as possible.

Well over half of these indeterminate, unfounded numbers for placing restrictions on every single facet of people’s lives still don’t make much sense, especially to those already fully vaccinated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At 80% only ten people allowed in one house ??? There goes Xmas lunch with the family.

Smirking politicians throwing the peasants crumbs
Smash those in Roxburgh Park are already living the dream by having 10 people over to their place. :stern look

The pendulum has been swinging back and forth as regards our reactions to this ongoing situation. Understandably, the fury is peaking the closer we get to the other side. I’ll say it again, Australians are suffering as a consequence of our relative success in countering Covid-19. One thing I think I can confidently predict is that if we screw the final step up and end up getting most of our deaths as we exit the pandemic, the subsequent furious backlash will make everything that has gone before look like a picnic. We all need to hold our nerve right now, I think. We’re almost there. At least, I sincerely hope so. Who knows?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The pendulum has been swinging back and forth as regards our reactions to this ongoing situation. Understandably, the fury is peaking the closer we get to the other side. I’ll say it again, Australians are suffering as a consequence of our relative success in countering Covid-19. One thing I think I can confidently predict is that if we screw the final step up and end up getting most of our deaths as we exit the pandemic, the subsequent furious backlash will make everything that has gone before look like a picnic. We all need to hold our nerve right now, I think. We’re almost there. At least, I sincerely hope so. Who knows?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd be all on board and agree with you on this if it wasn't the sixth time we've hoped so.

I'd be all on board and agree with you on this if it wasn't the sixth time we've hoped so.
But it's the first time with a significant influence of a largely vaccinated public. An important distinction.

If things are still out of control once a vast majority is vaccinated then that's a different story.

LOL pretty sure that's whats meant by "We all need to hold our nerve right now"

It's the 'we're almost out of this' part that stuck out. There's been a holstering of nerves for over 200 days.

But it's the first time with a significant influence of a largely vaccinated public. An important distinction.

If things are still out of control once a vast majority is vaccinated then that's a different story.

Ofcourse its a different situation for sure.

But as Caracas said regarding the backlash it goes both ways when Andrews said "There's no going back after this". He means for the healthcare system with that statement but that's also on the government not to go back on their word.

Could be an Israel situation or a Denmark situation, who knows.

She's simply trying to justify her total mismanagement. She bowed over to the pressure applied by big business.

She's trying to get the state up and running again.

NSW has processed 3 times the amount of returning travelers as Victoria and will get out the other side of this with Sydney having been in lockdown for about a third of the amount of time as Melbourne and less than half the deaths. She has made mistakes but the mismanagement south of the border has been far more total.

She's trying to get the state up and running again.

NSW has processed 3 times the amount of returning travelers as Victoria and will get out the other side of this with Sydney having been in lockdown for about a third of the amount of time as Melbourne and less than half the deaths. She has made mistakes but the mismanagement south of the border has been far more total.
i watched a fair bit of the Coates inquiry and all I can say is disgusted.. how the bunch of them sat there and basically said, no idea how this all happened, no one made any decisions, it was a creeping assumption.
no follow up questions, accepted their word and moved on.. the lot of them should’ve left after that. No confidence in any department.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back