Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
it will be nice to have Bob in Perth. I think he will fit right in hanging around the South Fremantle strip alongside Tim Winton and the other great thinkers down there sitting and pondering about life.
Fyfe, Colyer and Murphy will all enjoy each others’ company as deep thinkers. It’s a good get for the club.

I'm not sure what the Head of Football Operations and Performance does, but you don't hear many bad things about Bob Murphy. I worry that he's a bit inexperienced but he doesn't seem like someone with a big ego who'll go it alone. He seems like someone who would be great as part of a football operations team. He even said he missed the "us" vs "them" part of football. Well, hell, if you want an environment that's us vs them, you've come to the right club, mate. :) The bulldogs are a small fish amongst the bigger Vic teams, which I would imagine would give him a good perspective on how a smaller club can be successful.

I also love that he's hungry and ready to go. He'll want to knock this out of the park as his first gig outside post-football, non-media. I'll be interested to hear WHY he chose to come to Freo specifically.

I really like this hire. :thumbsupemoji:

https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/1014102/bob-murphy-to-join-freo
Yeh, you can’t underestimate club captains as well, in particular those who are in role a long time. They are highly educated by the clubs in everything to do with leadership & make fantastic mentors, so he will be great for Fyfe & our younger leaders coming through.

Ive had a few discussions with Ben Stratton recently & the extra time the leaders put into the club compared to the standard player is huge & the education they receive is second to none. It sets them up for careers out of footy or in this case with Murphy, perfect for a football environment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Dale147 - have you got the article about Mundy saying we can cover losing Cerra internally?

edit - scratch that, found it on the Cerra thread - thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back