List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally correct, I actually put a lot of my trust issues down to his drafting
Mine too, it’s ok, this is what this is for, working through our Joyce issues
B6E7A0B1-E2B8-42CB-BA3A-5A0D33A09EAC.gif

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We have literally picked a midfielder the last 5 years and will again this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep and so we should

5 of the top 5 in the brownlow are first round pick midfielders.

4 out of the 5 were top 5 picks.

5 out of the 5 were top 7 picks.
Bont cost me free dinner tomorrow night. This is exactly why I don't like bont or the bulldogs :(

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In fairness to Joyce he was selecting players during compromised drafts and when he got picks under 10 he picked up Cunnington, LMac and LDU, Thomas.

Hard to not pick up flankers that you hope can push into the midfield when your first picks are: 17, 18, 15, 16, 21 and 12. At that stage you have the garner types or you have the dumonts.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep and so we should

And Joyce was at the club for most of those picks, plus McKay in 2015.

I think people need to remember what sort of draft hand Joyce had over his tenure. Between finishing mid table and having our picks diluted with the expansion clubs, our draft hand over that period was putrid. From LDU in 2017 back until Cunnington in 2009 we didn’t have one live top 10 pick. It’s a lot easier picking from the top 10 now than what we did over the previous 10 years when Joyce was in charge.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In fairness to Joyce he was selecting players during compromised drafts and when he got picks under 10 he picked up Cunnington, LMac and LDU, Thomas.

Hard to not pick up flankers that you hope can push into the midfield when your first picks are: 17, 18, 15, 16, 21 and 12. At that stage you have the garner types or you have the dumonts.
Not going to play this game as it will do my head in but compare to what else was available + let’s not forget the durdin/Nielsen/evw haul , yeah fun times

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And Joyce was at the club for most of those picks, plus McKay in 2015.

I think people need to remember what sort of draft hand Joyce had over his tenure. Between finishing mid table and having our picks diluted with the expansion clubs, our draft hand over that period was putrid. From LDU in 2017 back until Cunnington in 2009 we didn’t have one live top 10 pick. It’s a lot easier picking from the top 10 now than what we did over the previous 10 years.

Look at the rest of the McKay draft not one player is still on the list , or the Simpkin/larkey draft , ******* josh Williams ? Give me a spell he simply ****ed multiple drafts. Sure the drafts were compromised but other players were drafted that are at least still on lists. And again the durdin /Neilson /evw draft yeah a right corker that one

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not going to play this game as it will do my head in but compare to what else was available + let’s not forget the durdin/Nielsen/evw haul , yeah fun times
Nielsen was a head scratcher.

But come on...2014 was a pretty s**t draft - especially by the time we got to pick 16. Durdin and Lever were regarded as the best 2 KPP after paddy. EVW looked to be a good pick until injuries ruined his career.

Clubs have gotten a lot better at identifying talent over the past 5 years.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

But come on...2014 was a pretty sh*t draft - especially by the time we got to pick 16. Durdin and Lever were regarded as the best 2 KPP after paddy. EVW looked to be a good pick until injuries ruined his career.

You can’t dismiss it though. It was a s**t draft

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne

But come on...2014 was a pretty sh*t draft - especially by the time we got to pick 16. Durdin and Lever were regarded as the best 2 KPP after paddy. EVW looked to be a good pick until injuries ruined his career.

Suppose it was more drafting for need then talent, which was the most frustrating part.

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You can’t dismiss it though. It was a sh*t draft
You can. There was a handful of good players after durdin (miller, maynard, daniel, and dale prob the standouts (looking past academy picks)). We bid on Steele but GWS matched.

We needed talls because firrito and Thompson's time was coming to an end and we needed to address that issue.

You're basically ignoring the variables, playing with the benefit of hindsight and then just saying "nah...crap"

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You can. There was a handful of good players after durdin (miller, maynard, daniel, and dale prob the standouts (looking past academy picks)). We bid on Steele but GWS matched.

We needed talls because firrito and Thompson's time was coming to an end and we needed to address that issue.

You're basically ignoring the variables, playing with the benefit of hindsight and then just saying "nah...crap"
No you can’t that team was far from just needing a defence, there were other needs. to completely concentrate on a half back line for an entire draft was lunacy and to strike out on all three just added insult to injury. * me that was daft

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Those tiger trade and CCJ threads are real crap shows. A lot of classless posts.
What are you gonna do? It sucks no doubt. Footy is starting to s**t me

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Doesn’t bother me, but I was just surprised by the sheer volume of rubbish.
For the most part it was fine, the relocation stuff wasn’t flash

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It’s just lazy posting, not worth even reading
I mean we can’t all be experts. And clearly they don’t have the best taste, otherwise they’d be kanga fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back