List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack was excellent down back in a brand new role under siege every week. I’m not unhappy with 2 years, I think he’s earned it although a 1+1 with triggers would have been a better outcome for the club IMO.

Anyway, he’s the captain and a very underrated one at that. The boys absolutely love him as the skipper. We can’t afford for him to walk at this stage of a rebuild.

Ralph is just a pure * wit.

Couldn't resist just a final barb in that interview this morning.

"If I was a Roo's fan, and lets be honest there aren't many of them, I'd be really excited..."

He did mention that Josh Kelly would have had to take one of the biggest AFL pay cuts in history to join North, but he was seriously considering it.

Am I right in assuming Skinner would come as a delisted free agent so cost us nothing in draft capital and probably minimum chips from a dollars perspective?

Given the absolute youth of Comben, Edwards, and any potential draftees, as well as the limitations of Walker, it wouldn't hurt to have one more guy with an AFL-ready body that can plug that gap. Skinner looked great in that single game video so could be a good fit.

I wonder who we’re bidding against if we’ve upped the offer to two years for Ziebell? Clearly there’s a club that has shown interest if we’ve buckled like this.

It’s also interesting that we have given in to his demands and yet we still don’t have his signature. Is our captain trying to squeeze an extra 50-100k out of us? Or is there a rival offer that he is seriously considering two weeks out from trade week?

It certainly leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Boomer was on one year deals for the back half of his career. I can’t ever imagine him saying “I’ve got a two year offer from Geelong, so match it or I’m walking”.

Pardon my ignorance, but why didn't Skinner play much at Brisbane, and why was he delisted?

I watched him win the NEAFL GF 2 years ago off his own boot at CHF, was drafted as KPD but was no opportunity down back so he was used forward when Schache left. No opportunity and list size drop forced him out.
Noble, with Brisbane blinkers, never thought to use him in defence where he was drafted.
South Adelaide put him where he belongs and amazingly he is the main reason for their form turn around since he went to defence.
Been injury free for 3 full seasons and going to make Brisbane and North’s list managers and Noble look amateur when a club drafts him as a defender and not a forward. He’s great to watch live, shame I’ll not get to see it in Queensland.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wonder who we’re bidding against if we’ve upped the offer to two years for Ziebell? Clearly there’s a club that has shown interest if we’ve buckled like this.

It’s also interesting that we have given in to his demands and yet we still don’t have his signature. Is our captain trying to squeeze an extra 50-100k out of us? Or is there a rival offer that he is seriously considering two weeks out from trade week?

It certainly leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Boomer was on one year deals for the back half of his career. I can’t ever imagine him saying “I’ve got a two year offer from Geelong, so match it or I’m walking”.

Geelong was actually the rumour.

People keep saying this but forgetting that Boomer got axed when he wanted to, and was well and truly capable of playing on. If anything that would be fresh in their memories.

People keep saying this but forgetting that Boomer got axed when he wanted to, and was well and truly capable of playing on. If anything that would be fresh in their memories.

Correct.

But players like Ziebell probably also shouldn't forget Ramanauskus and Brown last year

They tried for another year, then a little bit extra , then overplayed their hand and basically got told to pack their bags by Rawlings.

Jack has been very well remunerated by the club and has played essentially all games (when not injured) since he was 17 years old, I don't think the club owes him any additional security at this point of his career.

Last edited:

Assume we are bidding against throwing the kids too much to the wolves. For me, Taz going tilts the scales in favour of making sure Jack stays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes they will.

I think that proposed trade is too much in our favour.
What do you reckon wouldbe enough to make it work? Taz and 38 for CCJ and future 3rd (if they want Taz for another shot at a flag they'd be valuing their future 3rd at somewhere in the 50's) or is it going to be Taz and 38 for CCJ and 80.

I think you will find the club is not too keen on losing 2 x club leaders in the space of a week. Can you imagine the optics if we had both Tarrant and Ziebell leave in the space of a week, it would be a disaster. Unfortunately Tarrant leaving probably meant we were virtually forced in to meeting Ziebell’s demands to keep some leadership around.

While it’s exciting to bring in young talent from a cultural perspective you still need senior heads.

I think you will find the club is not too keen on losing 2 x club leaders in the space of a week. Can you imagine the optics if we had both Tarrant and Ziebell leave in the space of a week, it would be a disaster. Unfortunately Tarrant leaving probably meant we were virtually forced in to meeting Ziebell’s demands to keep some leadership around.

While it’s exciting to bring in young talent from a cultural perspective you still need senior heads.

Agree.

Unfortunately with Robbie leaving, our hand was forced. We can't risk losing both JZ & RT.

In this circumstance, I think we need to accept that revising our approach is in the clubs best interest.

If it takes 2 years to retain Jack I am a firm "yes" vote. We've cut the experience comprehensively over 2 years and that might be the right approach. But taking out the captain now would be a bridge too far imo.

We need to retain some structure and familiarity amongst the playing group to help the youngsters emerge now. Jack is a top notch leader from that regard. I'd be entertaining 2 years (in light of the Tarrant departure) even if he'd had a worse year on the field. The fact he held his own in defence is a bonus.

If we're about to transition to Jy or Luke as the main man it would be infinitely better to have Jack there for support.

Tom Morris on CCJ, North will need to do better than pick 20.
Then a text come through ‘North could walk him to the Pre season draft , hmmm yeah they could.
Do you homework Tom

******* hell tom

I think someones just trying to maximise Richmonds compensation

Nah he said weid is worth a top 10

I shudder to think of Ziebells form in 2023 also, but I won’t begrudge Brady for blinking here because I reckon the reasons were; he’s captain of the club still which merits something, and Tarrant departing opens up some wiggle room for a multi-year deal.

But yeah if there was anyone in our older age group who deserved that kind of deal it was Hall.

No blinking we need to have some experience on the list, there’s nothing to indicate he can’t replicate his 2021 form.

Don’t agree with the angst on this, if he slows up he becomes fringe. That’s fine

No one, it’s a negotiation. Two years is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back