List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noted Josh Sinn has dropped down the boards a lot this year when he was talked up as being right in the top few at the start of the year.

Given Vic haven't had much footy but he's had 3 decent games at the start of the year, what's been happening here?

I’m still interested in him with pick 4.

[Basically he got injured so has slid down the order in ‘power rankings’ etc as others impress]

Last edited:

Jacob Weitering looked nothing like #1 first few years

On RMX1941 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Reckon this gets trotted out and over stated a lot. Weitering actually did look good in his first year, and then in his following seasons had a couple of leaner years. Getting thrown forward wasn't a good move for him.

Last edited:
Jacob Weitering looked nothing like #1 first few years

On RMX1941 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe try doing some research before posting ...

2016 NAB AFL RISING STAR LEADERBOARD
1st - Callum Mills (Sydney Swans, 49 votes)
2nd - Caleb Daniel (Western Bulldogs, 41 votes)
3rd - Jacob Weitering (Carlton, 26 votes)
4th - Darcy Parish (Essendon, 19 votes)
5th - Darcy Moore (Collingwood, nine votes)

looked awesome in his debut year.
Yes, but then the 2nd year blues came into effect .....that ego & swagger he had as a #1 pick, was battered, he lost confidence, and then he was in/out of the side ....and shifted down fwd

Lever's first year > Weitering's first year

I doubt Weitering goes #1 again if you re-do the 2015 draft
Wouldn't that be the case most years ...the #1 pick rarely ends up the best player in the Draft year

Lever was playing behind a significantly better performing side and in an easier role and still wasn't better and was dropped to the 2s to finish the season. Your second point might be correct.

Campo dropped Lever for Mackay as one of his many acts of coaching idiocy. There isn't a single person here that agreed with that decision at the time, or now. He was performing very well

Campo dropped Lever for Mackay as one of his many acts of coaching idiocy. There isn't a single person here that agreed with that decision at the time, or now. He was performing very well

Mackay came in as sub replacing Lyons who was omitted. That's something most sensible people disagreed with. Cheney came in for Lever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bulk of the first 40 picks in this year’s AFL national draft are poised to be used on Victorian prospects in a sign that players from the state will not be disadvantaged despite a disastrous two years.
Data compiled by club recruiting departments shows that potential Victorian draftees have played an average of just 6.7 games of football across the past two seasons due to Covid-19 lockdowns.
Injuries to some highly-touted players this year, including the likes of Greater Western Victoria’s Ben Hobbs and Sandringham Dragons pair Josh Sinn and Campbell Chesser, have meant they have played fewer games than the average.
By contrast, most South Australian and West Australian counterparts have played between 20 and 35 matches over the same two-year period, having experienced largely uninterrupted seasons in the SANFL and WAFL.
Vic Country’s Ben Hobbs is one of the leading prospects in this year’s draft. Picture: Michael Klein

Vic Country’s Ben Hobbs is one of the leading prospects in this year’s draft. Picture: Michael Klein
Some Victorian draft prospects have become increasingly anxious that their limited appearances will see them overlooked for more exposed interstate talent on draft night.
However, multiple clubs spoken to by the Herald Sun said this would not be the case and confirmed Victorian players would feature very prominently in November’s draft.
About 15 of the top 20 picks are expected to come from Victoria, which is also poised to have strong representation in the second and third rounds of the draft.
“We still think their talent is better than what we’re seeing elsewhere,” one recruiter said.
Many Victorian draft prospects took part in Under-16 National Championships in 2019 in addition to the games they have played this year, giving recruiters a level of confidence to select them.

Clubs believe the main difficulty is ranking players on their draft boards.
The top 10 players in the draft are largely agreed upon, but ranking the next 30 picks is considered “messy” due to varying levels of exposure.
Recruiters have been forced to interview Victorian draft prospects over Zoom but are hopeful of conducting more face-to-face meetings with players and parents before the draft as restrictions ease.

My memory was that he'd really hit a wall, but maybe you're right.

My memory was that he'd really hit a wall, but maybe you're right.

It's right that we dropped him for Cheney instead of Mackay. (We dropped Lyons and Lever for Cheney and Mackay hahaha, what a call knowing how those players went on to perform)

I think he copped a slight injury in about round 20 or something and he missed a week or two, came back, then Campo decided he wanted experience for the finals series after we lost to Geelong in Geelong. Cheney hadn't played in weeks and was pretty average

It's right that we dropped him for Cheney instead of Mackay. (We dropped Lyons and Lever for Cheney and Mackay hahaha, what a call knowing how those players went on to perform)

I think he copped a slight injury in about round 20 or something and he missed a week or two, came back, then Campo decided he wanted experience for the finals series after we lost to Geelong in Geelong. Cheney hadn't played in weeks and was pretty average

And Cheney of course being the loose lips player that started the whole Talia leak episode

They be happy with both ….. Weitering is so far from a bust it’s not funny . Walsh Weitering and McKay are 3 of the better players for their positions in the comp
Yep, Carlton’s best talent is up there with the best in the league

Problem is the immense lack of support from, say, 6 through 15 of their 22. Granted, they have some young talent that could improve out of sight, but their 22 is mostly made up of just average players

I'm warming to the idea of offering 4 and next year's first for JHF. Big big cost, but could set us up nicely after getting Dawson, and our youth coming through.
I’d be just as happy with Callaghan than I would with JHF. So if we can get Callaghan with pick 4 I’d be stoked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back