List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

This shits me, now we are obliged these days to take on a player we don’t necessarily need or want.
I’m going to assume for the time being that his manager has spoken to West Coast to confirm our interest prior to nominating us as his preferred destination.

Kinda stupid if he hasn’t

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
This shits me, now we are obliged these days to take on a player we don’t necessarily need or want.
But he's exactly the type of player we need (midfielder with talent, right age bracket, not overly expensive as we are tight for both cap space and draft capital).

May end up being delisted in 2 years, but pick 30-odd might well also (assuming his value is 30-50 range).

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast

haha I don’t think the bloke has just told them to trade him to WCE without checking first.

or did you mean obliged as dedicated footy nerds to embrace our newest superstar? 🤔

Ok, emotion aside do we need him or just like the idea of him wanting us?

Why could he not cement a spot in a very low ranking team? Attitude? Work ethic? Bad luck? Blame the coach?

He provides depth to an area (midfield) where we have little. Effectively replaces Venables on our list having come from the same draft

It’s not without risk as he hasn’t lived up to his high draft position which is why I’m hoping we bring him to the club at minimal cost in terms of trade price and contract value

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Obviously if we get him then the right choice would be to beef him up in the gym to get him into his natural position of inside mid.

So the club will slim him down and put him on the HFF to get 8 touches a game then delist him in a few years.
Thought he was a midget but he is the same height as TK but 6kgs lighter.

BOND 007

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2008
Near the beach
Interesting development. Highly rated player that hasn’t developed for whatever reason - poor application from him or mismanagement by Carlton, probably a bit of both.

A qualified thumbs up because he’s at an age we don’t have much depth in and that also gives him time to turn things around but with a tight salary cap and potentially only 6 or 7 list spots available you have to hope that this doesn’t force out someone like Rotham for example

BOND 007 I assume this was something on our radar or has it come out of the blue for the club the same as it has for us

Bit behind the scenes for a while now

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
But he's exactly the type of player we need (midfielder with talent, right age bracket, not overly expensive as we are tight for both cap space and draft capital).

May end up being delisted in 2 years, but pick 30-odd might well also (assuming his value is 30-50 range).

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We are tight for cap space because we refuse to move on players that have not performed to a high std the last two years. We love holding on to players thinking it’s a good thing.

I don’t believe there is a club in the AFL that would have the guts to say we are not interested these days. Just don’t see in what universe our club believes he could improve us.
He’s still probably better than us picking up one of those auskickers you’re so fond of with the draft pick we trade him for

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Ok, emotion aside do we need him or just like the idea of him wanting us?

Why could he not cement a spot in a very low ranking team? Attitude? Work ethic? Bad luck? Blame the coach?
Here might be 3 reasons why a lad from Halls Creek has found it tough in Carlton
1632215974262.png

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
So would keeping Brander be a bigger risk to SPS coming on board?

Both are now speculative as to what is their ceiling so we need to forget where they were taken in the draft and move on.

Both prospects have upside. I genuinely want both to get better and I cannot see that happening in the present clubs they are at.

I can see Brander going to Princess Park and playing as their third tall defender.
I can see SPS being given inside midfield time with us.

Neither club will miss the players wanting out.

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
SPS would be a pretty good get providing we don't give up much for him (ie not Brander). He is a half back flanker and would be a walk up in that position. Pretty much exactly what we need given how much we sucked transitioning out of defence. In an ideal world he also free's up Duggan to play up the ground where his groundball game is desperately needed.
He's not a HBF.

Free Agent

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd only be giving one year contract. Offer Carlton peanuts for him because honestly he isn't much and not worth anything of value really as he hasn't done anything in 4 years. Bit of a red flag really. One year contract just to see if he can turn around his career. That be it but not for Brander. Brander I kind of want to stay in the side next season.

Pick 65 for SPS or no Deal. Don't think he will do much as looks pretty vanilla but willing to see just for a year what his got giving he was once a pick 6.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back