List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

I'd only be giving one year contract. Offer Carlton peanuts for him because honestly he isn't much and not worth anything of value really as he hasn't done anything in 4 years. Bit of a red flag really. One year contract just to see if he can turn around his career. That be it but not for Brander. Brander I kind of want to stay in the side next season.

Pick 65 for SPS or no Deal. Don't think he will do much as looks pretty vanilla but willing to see just for a year what his got giving he was once a pick 6.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk
65 on spec is ok. He is in the same boat as Brander but talls have more value as good ones are so rare. Hence why Brander being a fail to date is not a huge surprise to the unemotionally attached. There are a lot of Wests about.

I'd only be giving one year contract. Offer Carlton peanuts for him because honestly he isn't much and not worth anything of value really as he hasn't done anything in 4 years. Bit of a red flag really. One year contract just to see if he can turn around his career. That be it but not for Brander. Brander I kind of want to stay in the side next season.

Pick 65 for SPS or no Deal. Don't think he will do much as looks pretty vanilla but willing to see just for a year what his got giving he was once a pick 6.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk
I agree around pick 65 but you have to offer him 2 years at least.
A 1 year contract wouldn't be showing him any confidence at all.

But he's exactly the type of player we need (midfielder with talent, right age bracket, not overly expensive as we are tight for both cap space and draft capital).

May end up being delisted in 2 years, but pick 30-odd might well also (assuming his value is 30-50 range).

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app
This, this a million times this.

Spend all year bashing our list managers and their inability to find talent in the 35-50 range, but suddenly pick 40 for SPS is off the table because there’s a local mid who will come good he just need XYZ.

Upside is there. Will it come off? Probably not. Will Ainsworth 2.0 be delisted in four years? Yes.

Delisted players have the same floor, and SPS has the higher ceiling. Go for it.

SPS is Alex Witherton from Wish.

We better not give any of our first 3 picks.
I liken SPS to Chris Yarran from Wish foundation, minus the pace.

Chris Yarran and Alex Witherden could not be more different.

These are Knightmare’s player comps, from Wish.

Bruh Witherton and SPS is a like for like compassion. Both are soft and like their 15m dinky kicks.
So:

SPS is like Alex Witherden.
SPS is also like Chris Yarran.
Chris Yarran is in no way like Alex Witherden.

Something doesn’t add up here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t believe there is a club in the AFL that would have the guts to say we are not interested these days. Just don’t see in what universe our club believes he could improve us.
Langdon
Edwards
Petruccelle
Winder
O'Neill
Trew
Jones
Ainsworth
Hutchings
Ah Chee

You don't see in what universe he could improve us? Are you taking the piss?

Petruccelle traded to Carlton for either SPS or Carrol ( may need a pick added or pick swaps to balance a deal, maybe, maybe not).

Cole or Nelson to Geelong for Narkle (even though he wants to stay in Victoria). All three fringe players, Cats short on smaller defenders) All similar in value.

Brander plus later picks (3rd and 4th for points) to the Dogs for Garcia plus the Dogs 1st rounder this season (likely 18-20). Garcia is the exact type mid we lack. Tenacious.

Sorry, only two clubs involved in any of these.

Only way pick 3 lands at the Eagles is if Darling + a pick heads to Gold Coast. And that simply will not happen.
SPS for Petch confirmed

Your contributions are rarely good. 👍🏼
Thats why my like to comment ratio is better than yours yea? You nuffie.

My recent comment about Brander got 30+ likes, have you had that recently?

If you've got nothing positive to say don't say it, not sure your limited ability to think outside the box allows to present coherent and logical statements regarding WCE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back