List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

I hope he ends up winning a Brownlow just so this post makes you look like a spanner

People said that about Brayden.

Now he's a WCE player (whether we like it or not) i'll get around him and fight anyone who says he's a poor mans Relton.

I'm not that stoked either even if he costs us nothing, because trading in higher profile players usually just means it's one less draftee that gets an opportunity. Hopefully they take the Witherden approach and make him force his way in rather than becoming an auto selection for the season, otherwise it's just less opportunity for Trew/Edwards/Winder to prove themselves.

I don't disagree with giving him 12 months to bulk up and ply his trade in the Magoos. Shuey and Redden are probably into their last season, if Shuey goes beyond that his minutes in the midfield should be considerably depleted.

That only leaves Yeo as a true inside mid. Anyone else is up for debate. So spots are becoming available imminently.

We have our first and two second rounders this year if I'm not mistaken? We should be able to take three quality players inside the first two rounds and use picks beyond that plus Brander to get deals done for peripheral B22 players.

Fair enough. I'm ok with SPS displacing Shuey for Shuey's own benefit but who of Yeo, Kelly and Redden does SPS realistically displace?
Shuey realistically has 1 to 2 years left same as redden .

There will be a place for him even just with injuries

As I have said before I don't mind the SPS trade for the right price which is not using one of our first 3 picks .

He fits into our age bracket we lack in an area of of the field we lack talent.

Whateley

@WhateleySEN

·
9m

@tommorris32
on Sam Petrevski-Seton: "West Coast has pick 10 which is clearly too high, I think one of their second rounders will get it done. I don't think Carlton will play hardball. "West Coast sees him as a midfielder. They want him replacing Luke Shuey when he retires."

@WhateleySEN

·
6m

@tommorris32
: "(West Coast) don't have any money. Hurn, Kennedy, Duggan and Redden are all taking big pay cuts. "Petrevski-Seton is going there for a new home, for a fresh start."

OMG are this serious, when fit Yeo is top 10 player in the league.

Regardless, this rumour bobs up every 6 months and it is just a rumour!
Must be something about port or harbour towns - they have more than their share of idiots. There are enough Port posters that make the Dockers look attractive and intelligent

Didn't we tell the players to take a cut for no trading them or something like that. Trading Yeo would go against everything we have said and would be pretty hypocritical of the club to do that to our players. Plus Yeo is heart and soul an Eagle. He has something I wish others in our side did. He bleeds for the club and I love that about him.

I call BS on Tom Browne. The dumbest journalist going around.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

The club stated they would not use the pay cuts to buy players.

They also said any players traded in would need players of similar value traded out.

Also how can a club promise that a player under contract asks to leave and then not replace them like for like salary wise? They cant because a player leaving has the power to make a choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that SPS wants to come back to WA and Carlton want Cerra. Why isn't SPS being used as some part of the deal for Cerra? Cockburn don't want him, he doesn't want Cockburn or both?

This deal might have been tied up before Cerra made his intentions clear. Also Cerra hasn't nominated any club, just a return to Victoria.

Whateley
@WhateleySEN

·
9m

@tommorris32
on Sam Petrevski-Seton: "West Coast has pick 10 which is clearly too high, I think one of their second rounders will get it done. I don't think Carlton will play hardball. "West Coast sees him as a midfielder. They want him replacing Luke Shuey when he retires."
He's an out of contract player, that has been jerked around by the club, and wants to play in WA for the Eagles. If they demand one of our second rounders let him walk to the preseaon draft. No team outside of WA will pick him and Freo won't pick him if he makes it clear he wants to be an Eagle.

Interesting that SPS wants to come back to WA and Carlton want Cerra. Why isn't SPS being used as some part of the deal for Cerra? Cockburn don't want him, he doesn't want Cockburn or both?

More than likely WC have been in his ear about a particular role he would have at WC. I heard him interviewed early this year and he mentioned how he loves the midfield but never gets much of a chance. So maybe WC think they can build his tank to become an inside mid? The way i look at it with Knights coming in and knowing how well Kelly works maybe we are finally going to be playing Kelly as HHF rotation?

He's an out of contract player, that has been jerked around by the club, and wants to play in WA for the Eagles. If they demand one of our second rounders let him walk to the preseaon draft. No team outside of WA will pick him and Freo won't pick him if he makes it clear he wants to be an Eagle.

Out of curiosity how many times has a player actually walked to the preseason draft?

More than likely WC have been in his ear about a particular role he would have at WC. I heard him interviewed early this year and he mentioned how he loves the midfield but never gets much of a chance. So maybe WC think they can build his tank to become an inside mid? The way i look at it with Knights coming in and knowing how well Kelly works maybe we are finally going to be playing Kelly as HHF rotation?
I like the idea of Kelly and Shuey playing as high half forwards, It forces the defenders to make a lot harder decision than they have to with a Langdon type.

Follow Kelly and Shuey up the ground leaving lots of space for JK, Darling, Allen, Ryan and Rioli to operate, or drop off and help out the defence which means that Kelly and Shuey run free in the midfield. If that happens they'll carve up and hit our forwards regardless of whether there is an extra defender back or not.

Out of curiosity how many times has a player actually walked to the preseason draft?
You beat me to it. Yet it's still the default BigFooty trade tactic.

Not often for the very reasons stated. The threat of it means that teams take a lesser pick than they might have hope for.

If you're Carlton for example do you hold out for pick 36 and risk getting nothing, or take pick 50 which will come in a fair bit once Pies (will probably lose 4 picks before pick 50) and Dogs (will turn pick 15 into multiple picks prior to pick 50) picks get cleaned out by the F/S bids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back