Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I like to think of it as the reverse West Coast. We draft flankers and try turn them into a midfielder, they have drafted a mid turn him into a flanker. It appears either technique has some kinks that need to be ironed out.
Well that should work out perfectly! SPS was a mid turned into a flanker, comes home as a flanker and we turn him back into a mid - win/win? A fully rounded mid-flanker!

Last edited:

The key term is strugglers. Kennedy was a top 5 pick that was reluctantly let go and Yeo was a required too

SPS seems more along the line of the highly-rated WA juniors that we’ve cast a lifeline to after they’ve done their dash at their first club. Morton, JON, Lucas, Bennell and Dick sort of (although they weren’t high draft picks). Probably others I can’t bring to mind.

None of them have really come off yet. Bennell had his moments.

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
SPS seems more along the line of the highly-rated WA juniors that we’ve cast a lifeline to after they’ve done their dash at their first club. Morton, JON, Lucas, Bennell and Dick sort of (although they weren’t high draft picks). Probably others I can’t bring to mind.

SPS has been better than all of those combined so far though, at the very least.

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
Who does SPS replace in our starting side from 2021? Or do we pony up for him then make him play WAFL like Jetta, Redden and Withers had to do.

FB: Hurn, Barrass, Sheppard
HB: Duggan, McGovern, Cole
C: Gaff Shuey Sheed
HF: Cripps Darling Rioli
FF: Ryan Kennedy Allen

FOL: Naitanui, Kelly, Yeo

INT: Redden, Petrucelle? Witherden? Williams?

Guessing West, Langdon, Nelson Waterman, Ledwards, Hedwards and Rotham will all start in the WAFL unfortunately.

Credits are topped up at the start of each season.
Starting to get some depth there

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Heads up

If you find yourself unwilling or unable to respond to another poster(s) in a civil manner I suggest you put that poster(s) on ignore.

Thread bans from now on

If you find yourself unwilling or unable to respond to another poster(s) in a civil manner I suggest you put that poster(s) on ignore.

Thread bans from now on

You love it more than Antique's Roadshow ya old kent :moustache:

dd0.png

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast

Morton:eek::eek::eek:
Now I am worried.

But SPS has been better than that I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ghostbat12

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Oh but this time it will be different.

Simply put:

Ainsworth off the list, SPS on the list.

The List is much better and that change makes us stronger. :thumbsu:

ghostbat12

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
It’s all good if you’re not as keen on the idea of SPS as some, but he absolutely doesn’t fall into the couldn’t get a game category.

He played 94 times since being drafted, of a possible 105 games.

89.5% of games played over a five year window.

Let’s not kid ourselves, he played those games because of potential and was gifted games. Carlton were all about “getting games into kids” no matter what the ability.

He then got worked out. And then couldn’t get a game when competition came. Carlton drafted more midfielders, traded in a couple (perceived) from other clubs and he was immediately out. They clearly didn’t see him as a midfielder and he clearly isn’t versatile.

They aren’t seemingly particularly sad he is going. That’s the biggest thing of all. It’s very much “yep, we will do a deal with WCE”. Without even a blink. Clubs fight for their good young players.

Happy if we give a third but not happy if it’s a 2nd round pick.

The_Gambler

Club Legend
Jun 28, 2009
Omaha, in middle America
AFL Club
West Coast

Not that I’m suggesting you’re wrong but:
morton pick 4
Lucas pick 7
JON pick 8
Keep up the good work

Get_The_Gaff

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
So SPS + 25
For wce 29 + 36 values SPS at pick 40