List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
I feel that spots in the first 22 next year will be very competitive this summer.

There might only be half the side who are locks right now. The rest is up to the players to make the summer work for them.

Interesting times....with optimism too!
Yep. A LOT of players who are young and hungry and will want those spots. Not a lot of absolute guaranteed first 22 in the squad.

I'd say only the following are certain (assuming full fitness and availability):

Sloane
Tex
Butts
Smith
Doedee
Seedsman
Laird
Keays
Crouch

I'd say the rest are either close but not certain (Brown, Jones, Schoenberg etc...), or still to prove themselves.

Gtowncrow

Cheated out of Finals
Jul 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yep. A LOT of players who are young and hungry and will want those spots. Not a lot of absolute guaranteed first 22 in the squad.

I'd say only the following are certain (assuming full fitness and availability):

Sloane
Tex
Butts
Smith
Doedee
Seedsman
Laird
Keays
Crouch

I'd say the rest are either close but not certain (Brown, Jones, Schoenberg etc...), or still to prove themselves.
Good take. But I think our man Dawson might get a game too.😁

Sloane
Tex
Butts
Smith
Doedee
Seedsman
Laird
Keays
Crouch

Schoenberg and Thilthorpe are also certain. Schoenberg has yet to be dropped in his career (and has truly nailed his spot down), and Thilthorpe is the crown jewel of this rebuild.

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Schoenberg and Thilthorpe are also certain. Schoenberg has yet to be dropped in his career (and has truly nailed his spot down), and Thilthorpe is the crown jewel of this rebuild.

Schoenberg is going to surprise a lot of people outside SA next year. Outside of Rowell, Anderson and Jackson he’s the best player in that draft and hasn’t received enough recognition for mine.

Gtowncrow

Cheated out of Finals
Jul 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
:D Yes very true. Of course he's not actually on our list just yet...but yeh he's definitely on there.
I should also have ROB I guess.
I'll be interested to see the Strachan vs ROB battle develop over the summer. ROB will be the current favourite but Strachan took some big steps forward late last year.

If Strachan has a great summer he might find himself contending for a game or two.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
I think you are right, BUT if Schoenberg came back unfit and didn't look like he was ready, we might find he's not as locked in as we think.
I'd have Schoenberg and Thilthorpe in the 'most likely' group. Probably 90%, rather than 100% in the team.

Soogle182

Debutant
May 3, 2009
Perth WA
AFL Club
West Coast
He's the one player they always keep on tenterhooks, pending the outcome of Trade Week. Leaving one player uncontracted gives us the flexibility to cut one more player, if something unexpected comes up. Alternatively, they can be re-signed once the club know what draft picks they will be taking to the draft.

** As previously noted, we also have the option of delisting and re-drafting in the RD. It's unlikely another club would gazump us with a player like ROC.

I have stated it before, I wouldn't be suprised if the Eagles look at him if he does go to a rookie draft, do know the family and there was interest from WC as well as Sydney prior to him being drafted.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
I have stated it before, I wouldn't be suprised if the Eagles look at him if he does go to a rookie draft, do know the family and there was interest from WC as well as Sydney prior to him being drafted.
Not the end of the world if that does happen. There's a reason he's the last player to receive a contract.

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Doesnt matter does it, only North, Collingwood and GC can get him cant they, if we take him with our first RD pick? Out of him and Davis, I'd be picking ROC first if I was us.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Doesnt matter does it, only North, Collingwood and GC can get him cant they, if we take him with our first RD pick? Out of him and Davis, I'd be picking ROC first if I was us.
Not on what they've shown this year.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Why would they do that when they have just about a dead ringer stylistically in Zane Trew who is yet to get a shot at at AFL, only a tad smaller size wise too.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
So does the inclusion of Dawson make Seedsman a potential trade candidate? Really we have Dawson, Sholl and Cook all shaping to play wing in 2022.

If we could somehow squeeze an early 2nd for Seeds, I'd probably take it

Love it - one huge year for Seeds, amongst an average career.

Capitalize on it.

Nov 5, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
I feel that spots in the first 22 next year will be very competitive this summer.

There might only be half the side who are locks right now. The rest is up to the players to make the summer work for them.

Interesting times....with optimism too!

Lets see how it pans out.

Too often this board thinks that competition for spots = quality depth when in fact it almost always means we have a poor starting 22.

Sep 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Love it - one huge year for Seeds, amongst an average career.

Capitalize on it.

Highly doubt any senior players are traded. Seed particularly is a great example of struggling to fit in with the new culture - but then embraced it and had a career best year. I think the senior players we have left - all 7 of them - have bought into the “Nicks way” and that’s why they are the last ones standing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lets see how it pans out.

Too often this board thinks that competition for spots = quality depth when in fact it almost always means we have a poor starting 22.

Except in this case we’re talking about either:

a) young guys good enough to take away spots so that guys like Brown, Smith, Sloane etc aren’t guaranteed a place (although I’m not sure yet if Nicks will have the courage to drop one of them)
b) there’s actual pressure on guys like Cook, Pedlar, Thilthorpe, Schoenberg etc to perform in order to get/keep a place

That can only be a good thing, allow yourself to be a little bit positive

Oct 11, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
South Adelaide, Everton, NY Yankees
I'm very excited about our list. Sure it can be anything from boom to bust, but there are so many young guys developing nicely as a cohort, loving the culture and growing together. When they all get a bit better and they start competing for spots it will be very exciting watching the whole team grow.

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not on what they've shown this year.
God this board has the memory of goldfish. ROC carried the SANFL team when we had heaps of experienced people injured early in the year, when the team was getting pumped, then when they all came back and the team started winning he was worn down and looked unspectacular. So what do BF Adel people judge him on, those last few games of course, what else.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
There are going to be some interesting times ahead in terms of how we structure our side, especially with the signing of Crouch, Dawson moving over and the possible return of Milera.

1. How does our midfield look? Do we run with Crouch, Laird and Sloane as our mids? What happens to Keays? Does Sloane find a new role? If Dawson becomes part of the mids, what impact does it have on Schoenberg? Does Berry get burried at half forward? What opportunities for Pedlar or McHenry? How do we run our preferred midfield while also developing the next midfield group?
  2. Who is our preferred back 6-7 players? Butts, Doedee & Smith are certain. After that? Is Jones a first choice? I'd say yes. What about Brown? Does he automatically get picked? McPherson? Will we settle on Murray/McAsey as the 2nd tall? Does Milera return to the back half? What of Hamill? Could we really persist with Frampton? Lot's of questions.
For me the answers are:

1. Crouch, Laird, Sloane is far too slow and one paced. We simply can't run that as our midfield. Sloane needs to find a new role. If there is 300% available for mids (3 positions at 100% game time), then my 300% is: Crouch 80, Laird 70, Keays 50, Schoenberg 45, Berry 25, Sloane 10, McHenry 10, Other 10. I have Dawson & Seedsman playing wing, with rotations possibility of Keays, McHenry, Sloane and Hamill (if selected on bench). Sholl is out of the side at present.
  2. In defence, my first picked are: Jones, Butts, McPherson, Doedee, Murray, Smith, Milera. Brown is next in. Hamill is wing or backup for running defender. Worrell will have to push for a position still. McAsey will need to really improve his strength in the contest to get close.

I expect our midfield will be crouch, Laird, Keays and Sloane rotating off the bench averaging 75% pure midfield time between them. My hope is that the rotation is opened up and all but crouch are rotated through the forward line allowing Schoey, Pedlar, McHenry and Berry to get some minutes in the stoppage rotation.

WeeBlake

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Makes sense to offload a tall in the Dawson trade, and keep as much draft capital as we can. I’d say Berg, Macasey and maybe Worrell have currency.
PlayStation, but anyway: Melb 2nd plus Berg
OR our future third and Macasey

Mar 26, 2015
The Land of Apricot Slice
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think you are right, BUT if Schoenberg came back unfit and didn't look like he was ready, we might find he's not as locked in as we think.
I'd have Schoenberg and Thilthorpe in the 'most likely' group. Probably 90%, rather than 100% in the team.

I heard Smith say yesterday on AA Schoenberg, TT and Jones are already back running.

No chance they aren't in R1 next year outside of injury.

Back