AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Qualifying and Elimination Finals

Friday, August 27

QF2 - Port Adelaide v Geelong (AO) (N)

Saturday, August 28
EF2 - Sydney v Greater Western Sydney (UTAS)
QF1 - Melbourne v Brisbane Lions (AO) (N)

Sunday, August 29
EF1 - Western Bulldogs v Essendon (UTAS)

Semi Finals

Friday, Setember 3

SF2 - Geelong v Greater Western Sydney (OS) (N)

Saturday, September 4
SF1 - Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs (G) (N)

Preliminary Finals

Friday, September 10

PF1 - Melbourne v Geelong (OS) (N)

Saturday, September 11
PF2 - Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs (AO) (N)

GRAND FINAL

Saturday, September 25

Melbourne v Western Bulldogs (OS) (T)

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right place for it, but heard a good little interview this morning with the guy who engraves the premiership cup each year. He is one of only 2 engravers left in the country that do all their work by hand, with chisels etc, no power tools at all. Very impressive when you look at some of the detailing in the lettering on the cup. Bit of a worry though for the future, when this guy eventually retires. I love this time of year with all the little GF details. The patch, the inside stories about the cup and the medals etc.

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but heard a good little interview this morning with the guy who engraves the premiership cup each year. He is one of only 2 engravers left in the country that do all their work by hand, with chisels etc, no power tools at all. Very impressive when you look at some of the detailing in the lettering on the cup. Bit of a worry though for the future, when this guy eventually retires. I love this time of year with all the little GF details. The patch, the inside stories about the cup and the medals etc.
Photos?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the AFL logo is the same size on every clubs jumper?? Why does it cover the Dees one, but not the dogs?? Also, the rubber patch is trash, bring back the felt and stitched red under the AFL lettering
All logos should be the same size, but due to poor attention to detail and sublimation/printing inconsistencies, this isn't always the case. Just take a look at the AFL logo on St Kilda's shorts this year...it was almost the same size as it appears on the guernsey.

The WB patch not fully covering shits me.
On the field, WB logo before Melbourne (1st in ranking + alphabetically) shits me.
from, ammo graphic designer

alright mate not everyone is a genius
I just wasn't sure what you were getting at with your comment. The team logos and (along with the) names have been on the ground in GFs for years, and even in the picture you can see the bulldog logo stenciled out like The Victorian pointed out, and a bit of the red from it too😅

Mark Knight is a shocking comic artist.
Seconded, I've never really taken a liking to any poster he has done. Sure, you could argue WEG's drawing were too simple, but Mark's are overkill 😅

These ones though, marginally better than the others.

I just wasn't sure what you were getting at with your comment. The team logos and (along with the) names have been on the ground in GFs for years, and even in the picture you can see the bulldog logo stenciled out like The Victorian pointed out, and a bit of the red from it too😅

you weren’t sure what I was getting at with my comment? Are you thick? I saw team names in a screengrab on Twitter, posted it here and asked if something like this had been done before in a Grand Final. I didn’t inspect the photo with a magnifying glass to see if there was a logo stencil before posting here. Not sure what else there is to get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back