Science/Environment Anti-vacc Crazies at it again. Post appropriate outrage ITT

Clubs are trumps

All Australian
Mar 23, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
It might be news to you that there is a world wide shortage of IC Nurses. Guess why?
Mate i work at the hospital i mentioned in my post above. Im giving an insight into whats happening. I watched my ex struggle to get employment as a nurse after graduating here during the outbreak of the pandemic, simply because she was born in Nepal. If you're going to ask a condescending sarcastic question you can cram it.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Cops now having a mega-whinge that they might have to get vaccinated.

Ridiculous.

@freethought202

·

1h

Apparently lots of Queensland Police officers are very unhappy with the vaccination mandate. An ex QPS union official estimates that at least 10% of the police service will resign over this.

@freethought202

·

1h

Apparently lots of Queensland Police officers are very unhappy with the vaccination mandate. An ex QPS union official estimates that at least 10% of the police service will resign over this.
Bugger.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jul 8, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
IMG_20210923_114231.jpg

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
It wouldn't get past ethics review, but I would love someone to do some research into finding the sweet spot between:

- Having enough people vaccinated so as to mitigate pressure on hospitals and the health system, as well as general spread of the disease and risks of further dangerous mutations.

and

- Allowing enough of a natural 'cull' of the willingly unvaccinated, with all the benefits that would entail.

It wouldn't get past ethics review, but I would love someone to do some research into finding the sweet spot between:

- Having enough people vaccinated so as to mitigate pressure on hospitals and the health system, as well as general spread of the disease and risks of further dangerous mutations.

and

- Allowing enough of a natural 'cull' of the willingly unvaccinated, with all the benefits that would entail.

Right now the Hospitals are busy but not overloaded. People who would normally be in hospital have been sent home and are tended to by District Nurses.
Some nurses have been given a crash course in Covid ICU nursing, ( 2 week online course instead of the normal years training for an ICU Nurse ).

This is under the circumstance of 1% of the population of Hume having Covid and a really small proportion of the other LGA's having it.
64% if Hume has had 1st dose, and 32% fully vaccinated.
All that says is that its got to be a hell of a lot more than it is now.

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs

and

I think this experiment is being played out as we speak.
What I think we should do in Australia though, is in each state dedicate 1 hospital for unvacicnated Covid cases (it doesn't have to be one of the big hospitals) and put them all in these. Have them staffed with volunteer doctors and nurses and the rest of us can then get on with our lives in safety.

Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
I think this experiment is being played out as we speak.
What I think we should do in Australia though, is in each state dedicate 1 hospital for unvacicnated Covid cases (it doesn't have to be one of the big hospitals) and put them all in these. Have them staffed with volunteer doctors and nurses and the rest of us can then get on with our lives in safety.
We should also have hospitals for smokers and non smokers.

Drunk drivers and non drunk drivers.

Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
I think you're attempting to trivialise a very critical public health issue.
Smokers, drug abusers, alcoholics, obesity have been critical public health issues for years but because they are not politically motivated people have not suggested separate hospitals for these health issues.

Smokers, drug abusers, alcoholics, obesity have been critical public health issues for years but because they are not politically motivated people have not suggested separate hospitals for these health issues.
Don’t think those conditions are contagious as covid

Quality people:

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
This is beautifully reasoned & articulated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tend to think that people who are fanatical, will easily become fanatical for others.
If a fanatical Christian was convinced to become a Muslim they would become a fanatical Muslim.
There are no shades of grey in between.

Back